Royalty of Macedonia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is the political situation like at present in Macedonia ? Do you think that there is a fair chance a monarchy could gain support? I like your idea of a regent council to bring toegtehr the various claimants.

Good luck in your campaigns.

Sorry but there is no Kingdom of Macedonia.
In fact the only kingdom Macedonia had was the one of the Great Alexander and he was GREEK. There is no country called Macedonia.
Check out books of history in all Universities of the world.

Just because there never was an indigenous monarchy in Macedonia like that in the UK etc does not mean that there cannot be a monarchy if the people of that nation so wish. The people of Greece had first a Bavarian and then a Danish King, an arrangement that went well for a long time until the 1970s. While not having a full-fledged constitutional monarchy in the past, Macedonia has had a few small-scale experiences with royals reigning with modest success and I see no reason why the people of Macedonia could not choose to go 'back to the future' in finding a better way of governance for their country.

Besides, if Macedonia became a kingdom, they could get rid of the clumsy title "the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia".

If such an establishment was to ocurr, whom would make for acceptable candiates? A local or a foreign noble or notable?

If such an establishment was to ocurr, whom would make for acceptable candiates? A local or a foreign noble or notable?

I suppose a local with some sort of noble background would have a better chance of being accepted by the public.

If I can ask anyone here a follow-up question? Would the possible ruler have to continue the naming and numbering of the previous sovereigns as a matter of course, or would another system be initiated in it's place?

In fact the only kingdom Macedonia had was the one of the Great Alexander and he was GREEK. There is no country called Macedonia.
Dear Salonica,

The ethnicity of the ancient Macedonian people is disputed. That's right that Alexander the Great's empire became Hellinized, but originally the Macedonian people was distinct from Greeks. The descendants of ancient Macedonian tribes are still inhabiting in present day Republic of Macedonia and Aegean Macedonia as well, some of them have SlavicMacedonian ethnic consciousness some of them have been assimilated into Greek or other nations.

Besides Alexander's kingdom several monarchies existed in Macedonia. Among them the most important were:

The Empire of Tsar Samuel
Kingdom of Prilep ruled by the Mrnjavcevic dynasty
Kingdom of Kumanovo by Duke Karposh
Grand Duchy or Voivodeship of Macedonia by Count Julius Cseszneky.

Regards

Last edited:
What is the political situation like at present in Macedonia ? Do you think that there is a fair chance a monarchy could gain support? I like your idea of a regent council to bring toegtehr the various claimants.

Good luck in your campaigns.
Well, I would not say that the current political situation is ideal for the restoration of monarchy, but anything is possible. Our relations with neighbour countries are tense and we have some political instability within the country due to the large number of Albanian ethnic minority. I can imagine a situation when the unity of nation and legitimation of government requires the establishment of the monarchy.

First of all we are considering anyone who descends from former rulers of Macedonia. At the moment we are carrying out research in order to find the descendants of King Karposh of Kumanovo. Unfortunately, this is not an easy task, because that time there were no birth registers in the country and even surname changes were quite common.

We have already established the line to succession of the short lived Grand Voivodeship of Macedonia. The current head of the house is Count Ladislasus Cseszneky de Csesznegh at Milvany (b. 1944). Count Ladislaus (Ladislav in Macedonian and Laszlo in Hungarian) is the third son of Michael Cseszneky who held the title of Grand Voivode for a couple of days in 1943 upon the abdication/dethronement of his brother, Grand Voivode Julius. Count Ladislaus resides in Austria and Hungary, and as he explanied us upon our enquiry, he has no political ambitions and respects the form of government the Macedonian people find most suitable for themselves. Nevertheless, Count Ladislaus did not explicitly abandon his rights to the throne.

There is another Macedonian royalist organization that supports the claim of Mr. Boge Peter Koloski, often styled as Count. Mr Koloski is not a descendant of former Macedonian dynasties, but may have some ties to European royalty, especially to the Saxon (Wettin) House.

A certain Andres Omar Ayala claims to be heir to Alcibiades Diamandi, aka as Prince of Pindus and Duke (Voivode of Macedonia). However we do not know how seriously to take his claim, whether it is only a joke or micronation business or he is indeed a descendant of Diamandi. Up to now he has not answered our questions.

If I can ask anyone here a follow-up question? Would the possible ruler have to continue the naming and numbering of the previous sovereigns as a matter of course, or would another system be initiated in it's place?
I am afraid, I can't answer this question for the time being. I wish this one was our most difficult task to decide upon.

Kingdom of Kumanovo

In 1689 a legendary Macedonian leader, Duke Peter Karposh led a temporarily successful uprising against the Ottomans. He was accorded the title King of Kumanovo by Emperor Leopold I. Had it happened a century later, Karposh probably would have founded an indigenous Macedonian dynasty, like the Obrenovic and Karadjordjevic families emerged in Serbia. Currently we are looking for his descendants, if there are any, but it is very unlikely that we succeed. Some people claim to have Karposh among their ancestors, but it is almost impossible to prove.

The Karposh uprising, a consequence of the worse economic, social and political situation of the Macedonian people, was directly encouraged by the Austro-Turkish War. Led by the legendary Duke Karposh, it broke out in the middle of October 1689 in the north-eastern part of Macedonia, between Kustendil and Skopje. Karposh was accorded the title King of Kumanovo together with the ceremonial helmet, by Emperor Leopold I of Austria. The uprising quickly spread, to the rebels freeing Kratovo, Kriva Palanka, Kumanovo, Kacanik and in other towns. Then, together with the Austrian army, they fought to liberate Skopje and Stip.

Later there was a change in the military and political situation in the Balkans, which had a crucial effect on the rebellion. The Austrian army was forced to withdraw and powerful Turkish forces, reinforced by Tatar detachments belonging to the Crimean Khan Selim Giral, attacked the rebels. After fierce battles the Turks took Kriva Palanka, the rebel stronghold, and then attacked Kumanovo and its newly-constructed fortress. Karpos was captured, removed to Skopje, and cruely put to death on the Stone Bridge across the Vardar.

An eccentric Macedonian "royal"

Antonio Focas Flavio Angelo Ducas Comneno De Curtis Di Bisanzio Gagliardi, Imperial Highness, Palatine Count, Knight of the Holy Roman Empire, Exarch of Ravenna, Duke of Macedonia and Illyria, Prince of Costantinople, Cilicia, Thessaly, Pontus, Moldavia, Dardania, Peloponnesus, Count of Cyprus and Epirus, Count and Duke of Drivasto and Durrës, better known as Totò

(February 15, 1898, Naples – April 15, 1967, Rome), was an Italian film and theatre actor, writer, singer and songwriter.
His fans describe him as the most beloved Italian artist of all time and the greatest of the last century. He was best known for comic roles, but in the latter part of his life showed that he was comfortable in dramatic portrayals as well.

He was the illegitimate son of Anna Clemente and Marquis Giuseppe de Curtis, who legally recognized him as his son in 1928. On his father's death in 1933 Totò was adopted by Marquis Francesco Gagliardi Focas.

In 1946, at a time when the Consulta Araldica — the body which had advised the Kingdom of Italy on matters of nobility — ceased its operations, the Tribunal of Naples recognized his numerous titles, so his complete name was changed from Antonio Clemente to ‘'Antonio Griffo Focas Flavio Ducas Comneno Porfirogenito Gagliardi De Curtis of Byzantium, His Imperial Highness, Palatine Count, Kinght of the Holy Roman Empire, Exarch of Ravenna, Duke of Macedonia and Illyria, Prince of Constantinople, Cilicia, Thessaly, Ponte of Moldavia, Dardania, Peloponnesus, Count of Cyprus and Epirus, Count and Duke of Drivasto and Durazzo’

Quite the name for the printers of any Playbill. Certainly longer than any film's title that's for sure.

A while ago I did some research and i found out that there are descendant from Tsar Samuil, Reign 997 – 6 October 1014. The queen should be Lillian Irene Samuil, the princess is Rosanne Lilly Samoil and her daughter Lara Ann Samoil. However I am not completely sure of this and no one really knows if the family knows about their royalty.

Samuel of Bulgaria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Samuel's empire had its heartlands around Ohrid, west and southwest of this earlier cultural center of the First Bulgarian Empire. Thus, the White Russian-Yugoslav scholar George Ostrogorsky distinguished Samuel's Empire from the earlier Bulgarian Empire, referring to it as a "Macedonian kingdom".[134] Some historians of his school, such as the Serbian scholar Anastasijević, claimed even that Samuel ruled a separate Slavic Empire founded as an anti-Bulgarian rebellion.[135] This Yugoslav theory is now rejected by the modern Serbian historians.[136][137] It is still held only in the Republic of Macedonia, where the official state doctrine refers to a "Macedonian Slavic", or even only "Macedonian" Empire.[138]

Sweety , Alexander the Macedon (Great) was born in Macedonia, he was Macedonian and he always will be. He accepted the Hellenic culture due to the fact that it was more sophisticated and spread the Hellenisism. He might be called Hellen but never a greek.

this is the usual propaganda by the usual suspects...the problem is that macedonia geographically was extented and included parts of fyrom and even bulgaria. the same happened with thrace or epirus. but we never heard people from bulgaria saying they are thracian or people from albania saying they are epirotic. nothing like that happened before. fyrom is a small country condemned in poverty and we know this can bring out more propaganda and ethnicism. until they find their identity, we have to tolerate their tricks and even tolerate to hear that great alexander wasn't greek. what can we do? nothing, just more patience...

with respect,
gregory

This week, Hungarian gossip media suggested an affair between Count Miklós Cseszneky de Milvány et Csesznek (gróf Milványi Cseszneky Miklós) and British actress Preeya Kalidas. Count Miklós is a great-nephew of Macedonian grand voivode Count Gyula Cseszneky de Milvány et Csesznek. The count has dismissed the allegations.

See in Hungarian:

Magyar nemessel kavar a Négy Oroszlán sztárja | Online Hír

Macedonian Monarchy

Iv always been interested in the whole idea of Monarchy, and have always wondered when and if Macedonia would ever vote for one to be established, as i do believe having a Monarchy in my Country would make it more stable and give it some pride.

I believe that candidates, that should only be considered are those who are clearly Macedonian and who have some nobility left in them.

I know for a fact that my mothers side of the family have always claimed to have nobility in their blood dating back along time, even maybe before Ottoman rule, maybe during the times of Tsar Samuel, as the region they resided over was given to them and the title passed on, having people from the areas they owned/governed work on their fields. My fathers side were noble people who funded the war and independence movement throughout the Ottoman rule in Macedonia, where some of my great great ... grandfathers have been tortured and killed by the Ottomans for funding and supporting the war through money and supplies.

In that case what would make a good candidate for such a decision, My mothers side claims they have title and I being a full educated Macedonian believe that the Monarchy and all the titles should be restored.

I believe that I would qualify as a candidate, but then again a lot of the evidence has been lost/destroyed over time due to the Ottomans as people had to hide what they had/knew due to persecution.

Tell me what any of you think?

Last edited:
:flowers:Wow! - it sounds so complicated!
But at the same time totally exciting; I would love to hear about a Monarchy
re-instated, with full titles, respect & responsibilities - Good Luck Macedonia.

Would it not be easier to decide on the "who" will rule, by doing DNA tests to prove how close one was to the actual Monarch???

It would need to be done right, with the correct person/persons given 'back' titles, so that you have a family of people to lift the spirits of the nation and help bring whatever it is you all need.

Not someone looking for Hollywood-style celebrity, rather someone who is like HRH Queen Elizabeth II = someone totally committed because they believe they are born to it!

Once again, Good Luck - I hope to hear about a Macedonian Royal Family Soon

xoxos

Hmm I wonder if this thing will pan out only time will tell if the monarchy gets restored.

This is fascinating! I had no idea of the short-lived Grand Duchy of Macedonia and of the Cseszneky family. It helps that it was not a nazy puppet state, quite the opposite.
I hope Count Cseszneky accepts the challenge and claims the crown.

If it's not the case, I humbly suggest that the Macedonian Monarchist League look at the 19 century example. I am not a big fan of 'national monarchies', if there are descendants of a local royal family good, but if they are not I think that a foreign prince is an excellent option.
Macedonia is struggling, not only with a weak economy and democracy but also with its own identity surrounded by Greece, Serbia and Albania and with some political parties clearly supporting those countries' agendas.
It might seem odd, but it worked before in Belgium, Norway, Sweden, Greece, etc... when a prince from a foreign family united the country and avoided rivalry betwwen local nobles and politicians. Even more those princes were not supposed to marry to a local person to avoid threatening the loyalty to the family by jealousy between the local elites.

I believe a foreign prince will give prestige to the crown and a lot of much needed visibility and stability to the nation.
We all due respect I had an excellent candidate for Macedonia: HIRH Archduke Georg.

Arckduke George does not seem to be interested in any restoration and I suppose he had never been to Macedonia.

^^^^ With the Aid of DNA & criminal records, someone could be 'ruled in' due to bloodlines and 'ruled out' due to not being suitable!

So the best possible person who is also the closest relation could 'rule' !!!

Dear Forum partners; Greetings!
My name is Andres Omar Ayala d'Valva, by the grace of God Prince of the Pindus and Duke of Macedonia.
The Principality and the Grand Duchy was also known as Pindo or Pindos, sometimes Pindus and Moglena; Македонски - Пиндско - Македонско кнежевство , Aromanian: Printsipat di la Pind; Greek: Πριγκιπάτο της Πίνδου; Italian: Principato del Pindo) was an autonomous state set up under Italian and later German control in northwest Greece in the regions of Epirus, Thessaly and West Macedonia during World War II. It was proclaimed during the Italian occupation of northern Greece in the summer of 1941 as the fatherland of ethnic Aromanians(Macedon Armn )and the Endopi Makedonci , but was never able to assert itself over the local population until its de facto disbandment in 1944. The capital of the statelet was Metsovo (Aminciu in Aromanian), but the national assembly sat in Trikala.
After a long legal battle by the heirs of Prince Alcibiades (because the last will of the Duke Anstasios Diamandi, my grandfather), the titles of "Prince of Pindus" and "Duke of Macedonia" were reinstated. HRH Andres Omar Ayala, Prince of Pindus and the Duke of Macedonia, direct descendant of the family Diamandi from the mother lineage and the current owner of all titles and honors of the Princely House.
The Princely House of Pindus and Macedonia have no diplomatic relations with the current government and has no territorial ambitions on its former dominions, or seek any recognition of them.
There is no doubt that the Prince of Pindus and the Duke of Macedonia has the rights and Ius honorum majestatis, the right to grant titles of nobility and Honorary Orders of Knighthood of the Dynastic Heritage of Princely and Ducal House.
To God be the Glory!

Yes there was a Kingdom of Macedonia and its origin is actually controversial so no you check out the history books. :)

Personally I take the intermediate position on Macedonia so an Indo-European ruler would be ideal where subjects enjoy all their heterogeneous rights by special decrees and royal assent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I work with a Monarchist page on Facebook and we try to keep the fake royals off the page and, when necessary, exposing their fraud.

Recently I came across a fellow presenting himself as Prince Cosimo, Head of the Royal House of Macedonia. Frankly, I know almost nothing about the Royal history of the country. I would be quite grateful if someone competent in this area would enlighten me.

My "gut" tells me that this guy is a fake but I would be horrified to accidentally insult a genuine royal who is simply working for his homeland.

Anyone know anything about Prince Cosimo of Macedonia?

Best wiahes,

Vasilli

Sent from my DROID4 using The Royals Community mobile app

I didn't know there was a disagreement about whether or not the Macedonians were Slavs. Old Macedonian (closely related to Old Church Slavonic is a proto Slavic language (my memory is not clear but it could be that Old Macedonian is THE proto Slavic language or even one of the second generation languages from the Pan Indo-European languages but, as I say, my memory is somewhat "fuzzy" on the subject.

Sent from my DROID4 using The Royals Community mobile app

How would Macedonian monarchists feel about a branch of the House of Karađorđević coming to rule Macedonia. Such as Prince Dimitri of Yugoslavia son of recently departed Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia (two ancient royal Macedonian names).

I don’t know much about the history of Yugoslavia, so I’m not sure if there was any “tensions” between Serbs and Macedonians that were so bad that it rules the House out though.

Back
Top Bottom