Royalty of Iraq

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Yazidis

Who are the Yazidis? The Yazidis are Kurdish followers of a syncretic religion, concentrated primarily in Iraq, who are members of a very close-knit and hierarchical society. There is an extensive religious hierarchy of priests headed by a chief sheikh.

The Yazidis are lead by an emir, or prince, as the leader of the community and the highest representative of the Yazidis to the world. This is a similar situation to the Ismailis, in which a royal family rules over a religious community rather than a nation or ethnic group.

When King Faisal II was murdered, his body was not exhibited in public, instead he was secretly buried on the hospital grounds where he was taken, years later he was reburied at the Royal Mausoleum in Baghdad.:sad::sad:
The photo of the body dangling from a balcony you see circulating on websites, is the body of his uncle Abd'illah

Ghosts of Empire by Kwasi Kwarteng
The night of 13 July 1958 was a leisurely affair at the Qasr al-Rihab, the royal palace in Baghdad. With his habitual louche taste, King Faisal II and his court were watching a private performance of the 1950s romance The Pajama Game. Meanwhile, the tanks of Colonel Abdul Salam Arif were rumbling toward the palace.
At 7.45am the royal family was surrounded. A captain of Arif's brigade emerged with a machine gun in hand and fired a volley of shots. This prompted a "burst of bullets from every direction", with the king and crown prince instantly hit. The encircling mob grabbed the body of the prince, dragged it through the Baghdad streets, then cut his remains into pieces and hung them over telephone poles in front of the ministry of defence.
So ended the Hashemite dynasty in Iraq – puppet of the British state and tool of western oil interests.

Iraq's last king lives on in Tintin comics

Iraq's last king lives on in Tintin comics
Everyone here knows that the July 14 bridge, a convenient route to the US Embassy and government offices in Baghdad's fortified Green Zone, marks a 1958 coup when Iraq's last king was murdered. But not many know that King Faisal II lives on in the classic "Tintin" comic books.
This includes his own cousin, the man who would be king in the unlikely event that the Iraqi monarchy was restored.
"I have read Tintin since childhood but I never made the connection with King Faisal," laughed Sharif Ali bin Hussein, amused to learn that Belgian comic writer Herge had modeled one of his characters on his relative.

gulfnews : A monarch by default
Faisal Bin Hussain Bin Ali Al Hashemi fought one empire only to fall prey to the schemes of another. Still, the dream of a unified Arab world stayed with him until his end.
Best portrayed by Sir Alec Guinness in David Lean's award-winning epic film, Lawrence of Arabia (1962), Faisal Bin Hussain Bin Ali Al Hashemi was the Hijazi prince who fought France and Britain, espoused Arab nationalism in Syria, led the Arab Revolt, faced defeat and reluctantly accepted a throne that was specifically created by Britain to permanently isolate him in Iraq. In many ways, Faisal I, as he eventually came to be known, was the quintessential Arab who trusted predators even when key advisers warned him not to get carried away by Anglo-French charms.

I wonder if Iraq would have been stable with a monarchy and if today would the country benefit with a monarchy.

radical royalist

I wonder if Iraq would have been stable with a monarchy and if today would the country benefit with a monarchy.

radical royalist

Thats a very interesting question, and ive literally only just posted in the "Murdered Royals" section thread, on the subject of the Iraqi Royal Families murder in Baghdad in 1958.
There was always some unrest and Republican military sentiments in Iraq 1920s-50s, but in general the Hashemite Royal family were really quite popular, especially the young King's Ghazi and Faisal II.
Most the anti-Monarchist feeling was primarily aimed at the former Regent and Crown Prince, Abd al-Ilah (King Faisal's uncle), and the Prime Minister Nuri Said.

radical royalist

Very Nice Question

well I Think Iraq Would Be Great With Monarchy Especially If Prince Raad bin Zeid OR Sharif Ali Bin Al-Hussein Take The Crown He’s The Son Of Princess Badia Bint Abdullah She’s The auntie Of Late King Of Iraq Faisal II , Because In Their Time Iraq Was One Of The Best In Middle East The Opposite Of Today , But I Think There is No Chance Of That They Try after Saddam Hussein government to Returns Iraq To Monarchy and The attempt failed , I Hope Iraq Back To Monarchy it Would Be Best Thing To Iraq , Thanx For Sharing Nice Question sirhon11234 :flowers:

radical royalist

Very Nice Question

well I Think Iraq Would Be Great With Monarchy Especially If Prince Raad bin Zeid OR Sharif Ali Bin Al-Hussein Take The Crown He’s The Son Of Princess Badia Bint Abdullah She’s The auntie Of Late King Of Iraq Faisal II , Because In Their Time Iraq Was One Of The Best In Middle East The Opposite Of Today , But I Think There is No Chance Of That They Try after Saddam Hussein government to Returns Iraq To Monarchy and The attempt failed , I Hope Iraq Back To Monarchy it Would Be Best Thing To Iraq , Thanx For Sharing Nice Question sirhon11234 :flowers:

I think this is rather interesting I came across this thread about the former Iraq Monarchy because I just read a story online about the monarchy and royal family. The link to the full story is below, but the article said that people remember the monarchy as a time of peace. There may or may not be a huge push to get the monarchy re-established, but there is interest out there.

Here's the Full Story.

Last edited:
Very Interesting & Nice Article , The cars very Nice & Antique , I liked the silver car presented by Adolf Hitler very Much . Thank you for posting :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Photos King Faisal II

As I am clearing my late mother's house, I have come across a collection of loose photos and albums of King Faisal, the boy king of Iraq, on official visits and on vacation in Switzerland with his family and 'lady friend', must be in 1956 or thereabouts. Also many studio photos of the King's uncle, the Regent. My family had personal ties to the King so I know they are genuine and my mother has kept them all these years. Not quite sure who would be interested in them?

If you just want to get rid of them why not pop them in the post to King Abdullah II of Jordan.

Do u know any thing about HRH Princess Dr. Nisreen Bint El-Sharif Mohammed Bin faisal Bin El-Sharif Hussein .. this woman visited Iraq as the granddaughter of king faisal 1
we all know that king faisal had only 1 son king Ghazi ..!!!!!
as you said king faisal had only one son (Ghazi)
this women is lie and i think the The Jordanian royal court statement proves that there is no son named Muhammad.

An actual photo of the fiance of the last Kong Faisal , Princess sabina fazila

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-05-22-29-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-11-05-22-29-34.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 486
greet to see her after all this years,
anyone know about the grandchildren for presses badiyah?

:previous:
She has many grandchildren:
By her son Sharif Ali & his wife Lina Khan:
•Sharifa Hala (1988)
•Sharifa Alia (1990)
•Sharifa Hiba (1996)
•Sharif Feisal (1992)studied at AU in DC.

By her son Sharif Mohammad bin Al Hussein & his wife Ladan :
• Sharif Hussein bin Mohammad (1999)

By her son Sharif Abdullah bin Al Hussein:
•Sharifa Badia bint Abdullah (1990)
•Sharif Abdul'Illah bin Abdullah (1992)
•Sharif Hussein (1994)

Last edited:
Her descendants could be considered as members of the Iraqui Royal Family?

Yes, they are part of Iraqi royal family as their fathers & paternal grandparents. Princess Badiya & her family lived in Lebanon & then london After the military coup that overthrew the monarchy in Iraq.
Some of the Iraqi royals chose to settle in Jordan & they gained Jordanian nationality & titles like prince Raad bin Zeid family & many sharifs.

Last edited:
Do u know any thing about HRH Princess Dr. Nisreen Bint El-Sharif Mohammed Bin faisal Bin El-Sharif Hussein .. this woman visited Iraq as the granddaughter of king faisal 1
we all know that king faisal had only 1 son king Ghazi ..!!!!!

I've heard about this Nisreen El hashemite. In this link, it seems that King Faisal had two son: Ghazi and...Mohamed? (Faisal i | Learn everything there is to know about Faisal i at Reference.com)

Do you have more indication about that?

Thanks

I understood that but they are several of them:

- Prince Adel El hashemite
- Prince Adnan El Hashemite
- Prince Ahmad El Hashemite
Are they crazy? Why nobody react on this?

It seems that those persons lie

I can't find any of these people in the Iraqi family tree (see below); but their charity does work with the UN so are they fooling them? The real heir is with the UN too (see below). He does not list his mother and even though he says he is legitimate, he could be illegitimate as far as the rest of the family is concerned and that is why they do not call them out as imposters?

Charity
Royal Academy of Science International Trust

Mohammed El Hashemite
Mohammed bin Faisal I

Fatima
El-Sharifa Fatima Fund - About

Adel 1961
Heir Apparent of Hashemite Monarchy Pleads Caution | Inter Press Service
Adel bin Mohammed bin Faisal I
Euro-Mediterranean-Arab Association e.V. - Recruitment and Know-How-Transfer

Adnan 1963
Adnan bin Mohammed bin Faisal I

Ahmed 1967
https://www.facebook.com/elhashemite?fref=browse_search

Nisreen 1969
Nisreen bint Mohammed bin Faisal
United Nations News Centre - UN-hosted Forum opens in New York, seeks to identify aims on women?s health for post-2015

This is who really succeeded, but they have a cousin who is also trying to claim it via his mom cause he is closer to the last heir but they don't inherit via the female line.

http://www.almanachdegotha.org/id253.html

IRAQ3

Hashemites - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

United Nations News Centre - General Assembly confirms Jordan?s Prince Zeid as new UN human rights chief

They are also listed in the forums as recognized members of the Jordanian royal family.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f83/

Last edited:

Princess Nisreen El-Hashemite during an interview in Ankara, Turkey on October 30:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Back
Top Bottom