Royal House of Georgia 1: Ending 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the article in Izvestia, Princess Anna was previously married. Kolodin noted in the article that there were attempts to switch relationships between Prince David and Princess Anna onto more than just friendship a few years ago. Those attempts proved unsuccessful; Princess Anna chose to marry another person. The idea was revisited once again upon Princess Anna's divorce. The couple decided to marry this time.

Thanks so much for clarifying the situation, Al bina! :flowers:

Whether this is a marriage of convenience or a love match, I hope the couple will ultimately be happy...

It has been my pleasure to help. :flowers: It comes as no surprise that Kolodin's article casts doubts on statements by Prince David and Princess Anna's friends about true love. The skepticism is understandable, I dare to say. Sharing your opinion, I too hope that this union will be satisfactory for the parties involved.

Last edited:
Please post all wedding photos in the Prince David and Prince Anna wedding thread which can be found here.

Thanks! :flowers:
Mandy

... Today's wedding between Prince David Bagrationi-Mukhraneli and Princess Anna Bagrationi-Gruzinsky will unite two strands of the ancient family who once ruled Georgia. Both the Mukhraneli and the Gruzinsky branch have claimed to be the rightful heirs to the monarchy. ...
Furthermore, there are rumours that the beloved and influential Orthodox patriarch of the country, Ilia II, who a couple of years ago voiced his belief that it was time for Georgia to consider a restoration of the monarchy, hopes that any son this couple might have may one day be the first post-Soviet king of Georgia. [my bolding]
Reference: blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sarah_marcus/blog/2009/02/08/georgias_royal_wedding

I find it interesting that Patriarch Ilia II emphasised that any son would be the first post-Soviet King of Georgia.
Georgia has not practiced a pure male primogeniture.

Georgia businessmen to assist monarchy
13 Feb 2009

Renowned Georgian businessmen expressed their desire to support the Monarchy Fund, including Center Point Founder Maya Rceulishvili and Kazbegi President Gogi Top[a]dze.

The fund was launched with the blessing of Georgian Patriarch Ilias II.

Rceulishvili said his family would help the monarchs.

Ilias II decided to establish the fund after his trip to Germany...

Full article: Trend News

07.03. - Prince Bagrat de Bagration de Baviera y de Borbon married civilly Mrs Françoise Cazaudehore at Saint-Germain-en-Laye, France

Prince Bagrat b. 1949 was Married once Before and Has two children by that marriage. his Nephew Prince David Married Princess Anna in Feb.

Georgian nobles urge for referendum on restoring monarchy
3 Mar 2009

Georgian nobles want a referendum to restore the monarchy. The statement was made at the third national congress of the Union of Noblemen and Adherents and Monarchist Movement of the Tsar's Crown.

The congress discussed a referendum to gauge public opinion about reinstating a constitutional monarchy.

Full article: TREND News Agency

:previous: Does that mean we are moving closer to the actual restoration? :ohmy:

WOW! I guess that we are in the first steps of the restoration of a Monarchy! It's very exciting!

After the restoration in Georgia, I would like to see the restoration in Serbia =D

Regards!

With all due respect, I think there is really little chance of Restoration of Monarchy in Georgia. Not in near future, and not before all the inner ethnicity conflicts are solved.
Which is a pity, because I have a life-long obsession with the Bagrationi family, and not just the ruling branch but all the minor ones as well.

David and Anna to Divorce?
3 August 2009

A report filed today in the Russian press states that the marriage of Prince David and Princess Anna is over.​

The couple apparently began living apart shortly after their wedding six months ago.​

There is little hope for a reconciliation.​

The family refuses to comment on the matter.​

I do hope that is a false report: the dynastical importance of the marriage for Georgia (Georgian Monarchists) is hard to exaggerate. A male child of the family would have been undisputed Heir to the Throne one day.

Marsel, I completely agree with you.

While, if the story is true, it is quite unfortunate, the news is not that surprising. I guess that marriages of convenience aren't always convenient for the two parties involved!

Nevertheless, David and Anna made it down the aisle, left the Cathedral as husband and wife, and in my opinion it would be a bit absurd (and obviously not at all helpful as far as family unity goes :nonono:) for the couple to split up this rare royal union so very early. Hopefully they are able to work out their problems!

Last edited:
I am shocked to learn about the marital problems of Prince David and Princess Anna. It was an amazing ceremony filled with hope for a possibility of restoring monarchy in Georgia. I thought that both parties agreed to marry taking into considerations all the details associated with a marital life and a dynastic nature of this union. I hope that Prince David and Princess Anna will be able to overcome this obstacle.

I remember Prince David did not look very happy during the ceremony. I hope none of the reports are true.

Even if the reports are accurate, there is still a chance Prince David and Princess Anne will reconcile: Caucasian nations do have very strong sense of duty and family and in this case, both are concerned.

The Charles and Diana of Georgia? I agree they didn't look happy in the wedding photos, but I put that down to nerves and the solemnity of the event.

This is too bad, would have been great if it had/if it works out.

Even if the reports are accurate, there is still a chance Prince David and Princess Anne will reconcile: Caucasian nations do have very strong sense of duty and family and in this case, both are concerned.
So true ... Saving face and maintaining family honour tend to outweigh personal preferences in the Caucasus region, where a marriage is viewed as a contract between two families. Hopefully the elders of both families will step in and assist in finding solutions to the issues Prince David and Princess Anna have encountered.

If these reports about their marriage is over is true, I am sorry to hear about it. I remember Prince David and Princess Anna doesn't look happy on their wedding day. I hope the reports is not true at all.

Yes they both weren't happy. Only few photos which show them together.
If the rumours are somehow true than why they decide to do that?
For money, family matters or what?
Are there any other members of the families who could unite them?

Leila Kipiani, wife of Prince Nugzar and mother of Princess Anna, worked as an actress for over 30 years. A summary of her career can be found on the website of the Georgian National Film Center.

It also may be remembered that Princess Anna is a teacher, and this picture appears to be of the Princess with a pair of her pupils.

:previous:
I think those two girls are actually Princess Anne's daughters (from her first marriage), not her pupils.

Perhaps so...but Irina and Miriam are respectively six and two, and those young ladies with Princess Anna look a bit older.

I never realized they were so young: I thought her eldest daughter is a teenager actually.

Thanks for clarifying their age: those two girls are indeed a bit ;) too old to be her daughters then. :)

Genealogical ancestry of the Bagrationi Royal family of Georgia

My name is Armen bagrationi, an Armenian living in the states. Recently I visited the "Official" webpage of the Royal family of Georgia, and was pleaseantly amused by the history of the Bagrationi family presented there. Mostly, false. They allege lineage to the house of King David of Judea.
The Bagrationis were an Armenian princely tribe, shall I say. Currently, out of 9 million Armenians worldwide, there are 79,000 counted(maybe more) Bagrationis. The current number of Bagrationis in Georgia stands at 1,200 plus or more, and 90% of those profess their Armenian ancestry. The 1915 Genocide killed about 37,000 Bagrationi Armenians in Historical Armenia.
There is absolutely nothing wrong having a royal family whose ancesters were Armenian. Look at the royal house of Europe, most, if not all are related to the Danish and British royal houses.
The moral of this post: There is absolutely nothing wrong, nothing to be ashamed of having a royal family whose predessessors migrated from Armenia proper.
Many greetings to the members of the royal house of Georgia.
Respectfully
Armen Bagrationi

The first husband of Princess Anna Bagration-Gruzinsky and father of her two daughters is named Grigoriy Malaniya (spelling?).

Princess Maya is married to Nikolai Chichinadze with whom she has two children, Themour and Anna.

Source: Wikipedia; thanks to whoever put it there!!

Last edited:
Your humble servant. :) :p
I’ve edited the English version of Prince Nugzar’s biography as well, and will edit the English version of line of the succession to the Georgian Throne soon.

I actually wondered whether it was from you when I first came across it. Not even kidding. :lol:

Thanks, Marsel! You're a gem! :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom