Royal House of Georgia 1: Ending 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the information!
It is great that Princess Anna undertake an engagements. I wish she made more public appearances.

Last edited:
The House of Bagrationi-Gruzinski has their own website with information regarding their branch of the family.
http://theroyalhouseofgeorgia.org/

On May 29, Crown Prince Nugzar became patron of the St. Gregory Nazianzen Orthodox Institute, a nonprofit that offers further studies on topics related to Orthodox Christianity.
St. Gregory Nazianzen Orthodox Institute - Royal Patronage

Leila Kipiani, the wife of Prince Nugzar, has recently been the subject of a few articles concerning her long career as an actress in the Georgian cinema.
Leila Kipiani – A Georgian beauty of the past, present and future - GeorgianJournal
http://funtime.ge/ucnobi-fotoebi/le...buli-siyvaruli-da-ufliswulis-ulamazesi-bebia/

Princess Anna appeared in the Georgian media quite frequently over the past several months.

Late last year, Anna founded the International Charity Fund in Research of Georgian Anciency, an organization dedicated to preserving the Georgian cultural heritage.
Georgian Anciency

In March, the princess spoke to Info9 about her personal life, current projects, especially with the World Childhood Foundation, as well as discussing her children and giving a glimpse of her home. She emphasized that she and her son Giorgi are very close.
http://www.info9.ge/sazogadoeba/videoreportazhi/113181-ana-.html?lang=ka-GE

In April, Anna appeared on the talk-show "Farewell to Arms."
http://1tv.ge/ge/videos/view/121157.html

Also in April, the three children of Princess Anna were featured in a brief piece on their family.
http://imedi.ge/archive/index.php?pg=prs&id_pr=4690&id=29

Last edited:
Regarding the Bagrationi-Mukhranski, Prince Juan and his wife Kristine do appear to be positioning themselves as rival claimants to Prince Davit as per their website.
Famille Bagration
Thanks for the updates!
I am surpised that Prince Juan entered the competition for the Georgian throne. I wonder who backs him. I am looking forward to seeing photos of the religious ceremony.

... [snipped]
Princess Anna appeared in the Georgian media quite frequently over the past several months.

Late last year, Anna founded the International Charity Fund in Research of Georgian Anciency, an organization dedicated to preserving the Georgian cultural heritage.
Georgian Anciency

In March, the princess spoke to Info9 about her personal life, current projects, especially with the World Childhood Foundation, as well as discussing her children and giving a glimpse of her home. She emphasized that she and her son Giorgi are very close.
http://www.info9.ge/sazogadoeba/videoreportazhi/113181-ana-.html?lang=ka-GE

In April, Anna appeared on the talk-show "Farewell to Arms."
http://1tv.ge/ge/videos/view/121157.html

Also in April, the three children of Princess Anna were featured in a brief piece on their family.
http://imedi.ge/archive/index.php?pg=prs&id_pr=4690&id=29

Princess Anna seems to be raising her public profile. It is a shrewd move on her part. On a different note, I couldn't help noting how gorgeous Georgian women are.

Last edited:
Wow, the Borbon genes are strong here: Juan resembles Juan Carlos a lot.

Regarding the Bagrationi-Mukhranski, Prince Juan and his wife Kristine do appear to be positioning themselves as rival claimants to Prince Davit as per their website.
Famille Bagration

I wonder why now remember Juan there is a throne to Georgia for him? Something must be happen.

He sure does but I'm not to familiar on the family ties except that Juan's father married a niece of Alfonso XIII?

He sure does but I'm not to familiar on the family ties except that Juan's father married a niece of Alfonso XIII?

Juan's grandfather Irakli married a granddaughter of Alfonso XII.

Thanks for the clarification :flowers:.

Big similarity indeed. Like seeing Juan Carlos young.

Thank you Ceallach for this informations. So the Georgia like France and Italy have a complex about the heirs. But Juan seems to take very serious and stay to the Georgia . Anyway we see what happen. Davit stay to the Georgia also?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why now remember Juan there is a throne to Georgia for him? Something must be happen.

It is not a new thing. Davit's father Giorgi's half siblings' did not approve of his lifestyle especially his infidelity/failed marriage (to his sister Maria's best friend) and also felt they were more royal than him because of their mother's royal bloodline since Giorgi's mother was a commoner (really an Italian aristocrat). However all three have failed marriages and remarriages. Uncle Bagrat and Aunt Maria also claimed their father was intending to disown or had disowned Giorgi when he died suddenly of a heart attack but offered no proof. Giorgi was recognized as heir by the Georgian government and so has been Davit. So Davit and Juan's fathers were already rival claimants before Davit took over. In 2009, his Aunt, Uncle and their families stayed away from his wedding and publicly denounced it; while Davit's family stayed away from his rival claimant uncle Bagrat's wedding. Maria and George of Russia avoided both, but her sister Elene/Helene was at Davit's wedding. In recent years Uncle Bagrat has stepped aside and has his son Juan now following as a claimant. Juan's mother is a Spanish aristocrat, but his wife is a commoner albeit a Georgian one. So their bloodline superiority complex case has weakened, but they like to act more royal. However they seem to be focusing too on Davit's immorality, infidelity and failed marriage; even though Juan is also divorced. :ermm:

Princess Irina Bagration-Mukhransky, née Countess Irina Sergeievna Tchernysheva-Besobrasova, passed away in New York on 9 July 2015, aged 88.

She was born in Neuilly (France) on 26 September 1926, daughter of Count Sergei Tschernyschev-Bezobrazov and of his wife, née Countess Elizabeta Cheremeteva. Irina was the older sister of Countess Xenia Tchernysheva-Besobrasova (1929-1968), who was the first wife of Archduke Rudolph of Austria. Through her mother, she was also a first cousin of Prince Nicholas Romanovich and Prince Dimitri Romanovich of Russia, as well as the niece of Count Nikolai Cheremetev, husband of Princess Irina Yusupova (the daughter of Prince Felix Yusupov and of Princess Irina Alexandrovna of Russia).
She was married from 1949 until his death to Prince Theymuraz Bagration-Mukhranski (1912-1992), the son of Prince Konstantin Alexandrovich Bagration-Mukhranski and of his wife, née Princess Tatiana Konstantinovna of Russia. They didn't have children.
Her husband has worked for many decades for the Tolstoy Foundation in New York, eventually becoming its President in 1986.

ROYAL RUSSIA: News, Videos & Photographs About the Romanov Dynasty, Monarchy and Imperial Russia - Updated Daily

:previous:
Thanks for the update!
The website is well-made. I am surprised though that Princess Anna's daughters got HRH titles.

If i understand correctly from the translation wishes on the occasion of his marriage and to promote the country. I find it amazing idea and if not is the things how he wanted he make vey good to postroned.

More than anything, Juan and Kristine are likely trying to promote themselves with a large religious wedding.

It will be hard for them to compete with the lavish 2009 nuptials that joined the Mukhranski and Gruzinski lines of the Bagrationi family.

But they are formally married already (civilly).

Indeed, however, the couple have stated that they are waiting to have children until after they are religiously married.

Further, their civil marriage was quite an intimate ceremony held in Spain, so it is no wonder that this couple who is now trying to advance the claims of the husband wishes to have a large gathering in Tbilisi.

One imagines that Juan and Kristine will not receive the support of the Georgian government as much as they might have been led to believe that they would.

Juan's mother is a Spanish aristocrat, but his wife is a commoner albeit a Georgian one. So their bloodline superiority complex case has weakened, but they like to act more royal.

Their site says that Dzidziguri family were Georgian aristocrats,former knights in the Kingdom of Georgia.

Their site says that Dzidziguri family were Georgian aristocrats,former knights in the Kingdom of Georgia.

:bang::bang::bang::bang:

as dzidziguri says , they family are seven generations in Georgia , probably arrive from Armenia .

Prince Nugzar and Princess Anna were recently in London for the 80th birthday dinner held in honor of King Kigeli of Rwanda.

The gathering was held on 20 June at the Calvary and Guards Club.

Also present was Princess Katarina of Yugoslavia.

HRH Prince Nugzar meets HM King Kigeli

Thanks for the news and photos!
It is unfortunate that news about Princess Anna is few and far between. As usually she looks great.
I am surprised to learn that Rwandan King resides in London.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom