Royal House of Georgia 1: Ending 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a joke?

This marriage is not a marriage it’s a manege!
I can’t believe what they decided for this young woman Anna. They acted as they live in Pakistan.

And for the Mukhransky, they belong to the high nobility. There are no controversies for the Georgian people and their Patriarch.

Congratulations to the couple!:flowers:

Last edited:
Congratulations to the parents!

May the little prince have a long, happy, and meaningful life!

Fantastic news. The royal house continues to another generation!

This is brilliant news! Congratulations to the couple, and may the boy live a long and healthy life

Free Georgia to hold conference on restoration of Constitutional Monarchy
2 Aug 2011

The Political Party Free Georgia will start cooperation with the "All Georgians Noblemen's and Gentries Gathering" "The cooperation will be based on the national values. Today the special importance has the consolidation of the national forces. In the Saakashvili's regime the national values are facing danger," - Kakha Kukava declared in the joint statements of these two organizations...

Full article: GHN News Agency

Is there any real possibility of a restoration in Georgia? I find it odd that this royal house doesn't seem to have good relationships with other royal houses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Serbia, it is not an unrealistic prospect and a desirable one given the turmoil Georgia has experienced. But first, the Saakashvili regime will have to fall like his predecessors did.

Prince David and Princess Anna have been living in Spain for about a year.

The daughters of Princess Anna from her first marriage are under the care of their grandfather in Georgia as their father would not give his consent for the girls to leave the country.

Source: http://www.kvirispalitra.ge/public/9582-daibada-giorgi-bagration-bagrationi.html
Google Translate

The office of Prince Nugzar has today released information concerning the status of the two marriages of Princess Anna and the rights of her three offspring.

It is pointed out that Grigoriy Malania, the first husband of Princess Anna, is a descendant of the last king of Georgia (George XII) through his mother.

Princess Anna married Malania, an architect who was accorded the title of "prince" by his father-in-law, in 2001. Their daughters Irina and Miriam were born in 2003 and 2007 respectively. Both girls bore the surname Bagrationi-Gruzinski from birth and are considered by their grandfather to be royal dynasts. The princess and her husband separated in 2007. Prince Nugzar still has a good relationship with his former son-in-law.

Princess Anna was originally scheduled to marry her cousin Prince David in April 2009, but Patriarch Ilia requested that the ceremony be moved forward to February due to the difficult political situation in the country. However, then the Patriarch suddenly fell ill and was unable to officiate.

The couple split within a month and a half of their nuptials due to the behavior of Prince David.

On 12 November 2010 Princess Anna and Prince David began living in Spain, where they apparently contracted a civil marriage.

Source: http://www.saqinform.ge/index.php?o...xlis-gancxadeba&catid=88:politika2&Itemid=457
Google Translate
http://saqinform.ge/index.php?optio...category&id=24:2011-10-01-17-34-10&Itemid=508

Note - The article also addresses the status of the marriage contract between Princess Anna and her second husband, which was seemingly never finalized, and therefore the office of Prince Nugzar states that the newborn Prince Giorgi is only a member of the Bagrationi-Mukhransky branch and not a member of the Bagrationi-Gruzinsky royal line.

Last edited:
May I ask why do you find it irritating?

I find it weird that Anna would leave her daughters (so young!) in Georgia!! :eek:

I simply do not understant the reasons of prince Nuzgar in having this "dynastic dispute" with his son in law now.

I find it weird that Anna would leave her daughters (so young!) in Georgia!! :eek:

As you said that she left her daughters in Georgia
This disappearing of the couple for a year and then coming with a son
Or that Nugzar is obviously not glad with the situation, but why didn´t he said nothing 2009? Or did I missed something?
Other say she was forced into this marriage, but from the wedding photos I saw I didn´t see an unhappy bride. It was more David who looked not pleased. Or he is always grumpy. I think the second :D

It may be unusual, but think of this:

If children stay with her mother and have only sporadic contact to their father, everyone thinks it's normal.

But if children stay with her father ( here in their home country with their mothertongue !) and have only sporadic contact with their mother, everyone thinks the woman is a bad mother and think the father wouldn't be able to take care for the children.

We will probably never find out what it's all about the marriage but anyway they made it to have a child - so it can't be so bad at all.

Prince Nuzgar agreed at the marriage of his daughter and now...it's unbelievable!

But aren't they with their Grandfather and not their father? I find this whole situation extremely odd, now I know why we never see this couple at foreign royal events.

I could never bring myself to judge the "goodness" of a mother, I'm sorry if it sounded like this! And I also think that fathers can be equally good (or bad) than mothers in taking care of children. I think it's hard for children if one of their parents live far away. I have a first cousin who went to live in the US, creating himself another family, "abandoning" his first son in Argentina. My second cousin once removed suffers deeply from the absence of his father. I'm sure Anna's girls miss her a lot as well.

Dear friends,the web site of nugzar its done by malania all the intrigues its malanias works DONT BELIVE !!!!!!!!!

Who is malania?

If I am not mistaken, Mr. Malania was Princess Anna's first spouse and the father of her daughters.

Thank you for your information.
Does anyone accidentally know the cause of their divorce?Do the daughters of Anna live with her?

Anna's daughters live in Georgia, with their maternal grandparents. Instead Anna and David live in Spain.

Ana Daughters Irina and Mariam live with her mother in spain,please dont belive everything writting by malania.

regarding relations with another royal houses the Bagration Mukhraneli have been invited to many events,infantas de España weddings and Giorgi Bagration Mukhraneli also was in Prince Felipe wedding.

Ana Daughters Irina and Mariam live with her mother in spain,please dont belive everything writting by malania.

That particular information appeared in an article that had a congratulatory tone concerning the birth of Prince Giorgi, so it hardly makes sense that Mr Malania was the author.

:previous:
Thanks Benjamin. :flowers:

Guys, could we please omit any personal abuse directed at particular members of either branch or at other TRF members.
This thread was temporarily closed a short while ago because it had become a battleground for rival partisans.

thanks,
Warren
Non-reigning Houses moderator

Travel to Georgia?

Greetings, all! I travel fairly frequently for my job (U.S. federal bank regulator), and I have some frequent flier points built up. Given the conflicting information presented on this forum, I'm considering visiting Georgia Q1 or Q2 of 2012 to see things with my own eyes. My purpose would be to visit with one or both sides of this dynastic dispute and report on the accuracy of statements put forth on both this site and similar forums. In my experience, it's just too difficult to obtain meaningful intelligence on this situation at a distance. Does anyone have any recommendations for persons with whom I should request an audience (and be likely to be received)? While I am Christian, I am not Orthodox, so I consider it very unlikely that I could meet with H.H. the Patriarch of Georgia.
I ask this in a respectful manner and am not trying to enflame or cast dispersion upon any previous statements posted or the authors thereof.
Thank you,
Guye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom