Royal Family of Montenegro

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:
Princess Altinai was previously engaged to Alexandre Morin de la Fosse (announced in Le Figaro 31 October 2003).
Obviously something happened and it was called off at some stage.

Princess Altinai and her husband Anton Martynov had their first child, a son, Nikolai on September 30th 2009.

Source: Ronald 66 on Nobiliana BAG 2009

Rare footage of the late King Nikola of Montenegro
Did my eyes decieve me or were the Imperial family filmed a bit in there?? And where would Stana and Militsa be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody knows details concerning a law about the status of the Royal Family in Montenegro?

According to press reports, the current version of the "Bill on the Status of the Dynasty" offers the Head of House Petrović Njegoš the following:

• €3.000 monthly stipend (equal to that of the President)
  • €300.000 annual civil list
  • a residence in Cetinje
  • the historic home of the Petrović Njegoš family in Njeguši
In exchange for the above, the Head of the Royal House would have a semi-official government position.

However, Prince Nikola has rejected the bill because he believes that it does not deal with the issue of property compensation, and this is an important point as over thirty properties were confiscated from the Royal House after the monarchy was abolished. Furthermore, Prince Nikola believes that the bill would prevent the dynasty from participating in political life and restrict the ability of members of the dynasty to speak freely about certain subjects. Prince Nikola also says that the civil list amount that was announced in the press is not actually contained in the proposed version of the bill that he has seen.

Owing to his stance on this bill, Prince Nikola did not attend the celebrations of the bicentenary of the Kingdom of Montenegro that were held on 28 Aug 2010.

Further reading:
Le Courrier des Balkans, le portail francophone des Balkans | Le Monténégro fête les 100 ans du royaume sans l’héritier de la dynastie Petrovi
Njegoskij|org :: Le Gouvernement monténégrin adopte un projet de Loi normative sur le statut des descendants de la Maison Petrovitch Njegosh
EuroConvergence|eu :: Le comité d'organisation des célébrations du Centenaire de la Proclamation du Royaume du Monténégro (1910-2010) discute du projet de Loi sur le statut des descendants de la Maison Petrovitch Njegosh
http://www.montenegro-canada.com/articles/article/7175167/134500.htm
Princ Nikola na svadbi u Londonu | Planeta | Novosti

Any news? I have been searching the net but have had no luck.

Montenegro is now an official candidate to join the European Union.

Congratulations.

Montenegro is now an official candidate to join the European Union.

Congratulations.
But is this a good thing for the country? I see Portugal just got devalued by Standard and Poors. Would they want to bail other countries out with their hard earned cash?

I think it is good, because to join the European Union must improve their institutions, fight corruption, the product of its communist past, as well as inclusion in such a union would be in the medium term (five to ten years). Being a small country, the support of the European Union would improve its presence in the international context, giving it a favorable status with their neighbors in the region, which would attract investment, not only of the giants of Europe, but also of America and Asia

Excuse my language, English is not my native language

I see your points and they are good ones, however I am skeptical of the state that the EU is in financially.
Don't worry about the lingity, it's all good! :D:flowers:

According to press reports, the current version of the "Bill on the Status of the Dynasty" offers the Head of House Petrović Njegoš the following:

• €3.000 monthly stipend (equal to that of the President)
  • €300.000 annual civil list
  • a residence in Cetinje
  • the historic home of the Petrović Njegoš family in Njeguši
In exchange for the above, the Head of the Royal House would have a semi-official government position.

However, Prince Nikola has rejected the bill because he believes that it does not deal with the issue of property compensation, and this is an important point as over thirty properties were confiscated from the Royal House after the monarchy was abolished. Furthermore, Prince Nikola believes that the bill would prevent the dynasty from participating in political life and restrict the ability of members of the dynasty to speak freely about certain subjects. Prince Nikola also says that the civil list amount that was announced in the press is not actually contained in the proposed version of the bill that he has seen.

Owing to his stance on this bill, Prince Nikola did not attend the celebrations of the bicentenary of the Kingdom of Montenegro that were held on 28 Aug 2010.

Further reading:
Le Courrier des Balkans, le portail francophone des Balkans | Le Monténégro fête les 100 ans du royaume sans l’héritier de la dynastie Petrovi
Njegoskij|org :: Le Gouvernement monténégrin adopte un projet de Loi normative sur le statut des descendants de la Maison Petrovitch Njegosh
EuroConvergence|eu :: Le comité d'organisation des célébrations du Centenaire de la Proclamation du Royaume du Monténégro (1910-2010) discute du projet de Loi sur le statut des descendants de la Maison Petrovitch Njegosh
http://www.montenegro-canada.com/articles/article/7175167/134500.htm
Princ Nikola na svadbi u Londonu | Planeta | Novosti

I think it is profoundly sad that the titular king felt unable to attend the celebrations. He did not have to acquiesce to the proposed constitutional arrangements he had rejected by turning up, surely? It would have raised his status in the country and a centenary does not come around that often... this is a tragedy. Montenegro ought to be a constitutional monarchy, the whole Montenegrin state has hinged and owes its very existence to the work of the Petrovic Njegos dynasty during the 18th and 19th Centuries.

This is a very sad state of affairs. I do hope that the new President and the titular King can come to an agreement, even if it is a compromise.

Government Bill Aims to Rehabilitate Montenegro's Royal Family
18 April 2011

PODGORICA -- The Montenegrin government has proposed a law approved by the great grandson of the country's last monarch that would rehabilitate the royal family, RFE/RL's Balkan Service reports.

It's not clear whether the legislation has sufficient backing for approval in the parliament.

The Petrovic-Njegos family ruled Montenegro for more than 200 years, until King Nikola was overthrown by the Serbian Karadjordjevic dynasty in 1918.

Full article: Radio Free Europe

Benjamin:

The news you've said in recent days is encouraging for the Family Petrovic-Njegos.

It may be a remote possibility, but montenengro parliament approves the law, it would be a giant step toward a possible return of the monarchy in Montenegro (I know, sounds pretty naive, but your comment gives me hope.)

The parliament of Montenegro has adopted a law providing a refund of a portion of its property for the royal family Petrovic-Njegos, official status for the Hereditary Prince Nikola Petrovic-Njegos and the creation of a foundation to support artists which will receive a 4,300,000 euro grant. - Source

After this new Law the Royal family will live in the country?

Do you think that there will be a new monarchy in future? Or is it one news to fill the silly season?

Can anybody translate the article with the interview in English?

He seems to speak the language very well.

Does Hereditary Prince Boris speak the language of his ancestors?

Prince Nicola seems to be quite popular among his people but this does not mean restoration of Monarchy is really close.

The very serious Romanian newspaper "Cotidianul" believes Montenegro is going to become again a Kingdom after the new Law:

Muntenegru vrea s

Back
Top Bottom