Royal Family Of Albania 1: Ending Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A year already has passed since they announced their engagement, and still unmarried?

The Albanian Royal family are very much back in Albania, The Albanian prime minister Berisha has called for Albanian history to be changed to include the merits of the founder of the modern state, King Zog. The family are in the media daily! The return of King Zogs remains is forseen for next year and this meets with the 100 annuversary of the Albanian state. everytime Albania has Votes for the President There are always calls for the return of the Monachy, whilst the different political parties are all using the Monachy as a means of national pride. The legality party which is Albanias main Monachist party has a number of deputy ministers in goverment, including the deputy minister of defence. The crown Prince is also holding a govermental post, as a political adviser, moving through the ministry of foreighn affairs and ministry of interior. he has a number of duties and is very active. where as for the marrige, there still is no date, but i will try and keep you guys informed. although Elia, Prince Leka II fiance is very much liked and has given the Royal family a new image!

the king Leka ZOgu I is ill...he is in hospital

Albania's self-proclaimed heir in hospital
17 Nov 2011

Albania's self-proclaimed heir to the throne King Leka I Zogu has been hospitalized with serious heart and lung problems, members of his family have revealed.

King Leka, 72, was taken to intensive care two days ago, hospital officials said Thursday, adding he is under stable conditions.

Source: Taiwan News

Very interesting Benjamin, I read the book in french about Queen Geraldine’s life. She and King Zog were a wonderful royal couple. She had to sell her engagement ring for King Zog’s funerals.
It is a pity that there son the late Leka I was so found of guns etc..He seems being ill since years.
I like the young Leka II and I hope we will have a wonderful royal wedding (if he is still engaged ??)

I hope she is now a true support for her fiance; she is now the closest person to him, when his parents passed away, and he doesn't have any siblings.
I think they will have a bigger family when they marry.

Zogu Royal Family live in Tirana, Albania - HRH Crown Prince Leka II Zogu and his fiancee Miss Elia Zaharia.
Cousins & extended family and relatives (& other in-laws) live in France, Turkey, Egypt, UK, USA, & Hungary.
Regards, Ruhije - UK.

Enjoyed your message on Forum re King Zog and his bodyguard relatives.
Some of my research (Linda Reid) was used in Neil Rees book - A Royal Exile.
I was at the Parmoor House book launch & events in 2010 & 2011.
I met King Zog's niece & family, Teri Doshishti Cooper, in Dorset UK, in 2001.
Im friends and still in contact with Skender Zogu and Neil Rees.
I really enjoyed reading and learning the history and information on the Royal Bodyguards of Mati, their lives in exile and families.
Regards, LR ('Ruhije') - UK

It's the first time I hear that Albania has a royal family.Can anyone explain to us the background of this family?Are their ancestors well known royals?Does their bloodline date back in history?Thanks in advance!
Albania's Zogu Royal Family are noble aristocrats of Mati region of central north Albania. Tribal Chiefs - Beys and Pashas - of Mati (Burgaret Castle, Burrel, Mati) - House of Zogolli under Ottoman Turkish rule in Albania. Extended family now in Albania, France, Egypt, Turkey, UK, USA.
Regards, Ruhije (UK)

iakynthi Albania was for centuries a tributary of the Ottoman empire. Zog's ancestorss were hereditary rulers of priciplities and granted the titles bey and pasha, among others. He unified the country. If that isn't a qualification for kingship I don't know what is.
Totally agree, with Zogolli Mati Tribal Chieftans ruling the clans of Mati region as Beys & Pashas, for centuries from Bugaret Castle Fortress, near Burrel in Mati.
A Very fine and indigenous pedigree and noble history for Albanian Kingship!
Many Thanks for your post. Regards, Ruhije (Sussex,UK)

Parmoor Bodyguards.

After reading the posted messages regarding the above, I am quite surprised to find a number of discrepancies...
I know Neil Rees too and some of my research was used in the book too Royal Exile.
I've known Skender Zogu many years, and knew King Zog's niece Teri Doshishti Cooper, and still keep in touch with her family.
I found the lives and histories in exile of King Zog's Bodyguards and families really interesting. Thank you for your posting! Regards, LR ('Ruhije') - UK

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally! It's nearly two years since they are engaged.

Any official Statement from the Royal Family regarding the marriage?

Prince Leka II Zogu

Any official Statement from the Royal Family regarding the marriage?

The couple said they both want a long engagement, that was 2010-11, and then when King Leka I died, they have had that to deal with on top of Prince Leka's political career and many Monarcho-Royalist political changes and duties.

Royal couple in NY!

HRH Crown Prince Leka II Zogu and his fiancee Miss Elia Zaharia are in New York visiting Albanian American communities and groups, and attending cultural events. Today the couple visited Manhatten.

Any photos of these events?

They are definitely not in a hurry!

They are definitely not in a hurry!

Several reasons for this, including the death and funeral of King Leka I, and Prince Leka's new committments and meetings around the world with Albanian political and monarchist organizations, and also Elia Zaharia's drama and acting committments and studies in Paris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom