The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-22-2020, 08:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful news! Welcome to the world, princess Geraldine!

(And I cannot help but wonder whether she will be named the 'heir' if she ends up without any brothers)

Old 10-23-2020, 06:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post

(And I cannot help but wonder whether she will be named the 'heir' if she ends up without any brothers)
I find it quite unlikely that Crown Prince Leka would let his claim to the throne pass to the descendants of his grandfather's brother. A sign of this would be that the family tree on the revamped Royal website only features the ancestors of Leka and not the descendants of the collateral branches of the Royal House.
Then again I was sure that Princess Dèlphine wouldn't get a title and that King Carl Gustav never would remove the titles of his male-line descendants so what do I know

Old 10-23-2020, 08:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
I find it quite unlikely that Crown Prince Leka would let his claim to the throne pass to the descendants of his grandfather's brother. A sign of this would be that the family tree on the revamped Royal website only features the ancestors of Leka and not the descendants of the collateral branches of the Royal House.
Then again I was sure that Princess Dèlphine wouldn't get a title and that King Carl Gustav never would remove the titles of his male-line descendants so what do I know
But Princess Delphine of Belgium was given her title by a court of law without consulting the King, and the removal of titles from the male-line grandchildren of King Carl Gustaf of Sweden emerged from his decision to treat them as private citizens rather than future working royals, which he made in full knowledge that if he did not act the decision was going to be made for him by Parliament.

Had it been left wholly to the judgment of the King of the Belgians and the King of Sweden, I am sure your predictions would be correct. Delphine would not have a title and Carl Gustaf's male-line descendants would not only still be HRHs but future Kings of Sweden as well.

If the former royal family of Albania is not legally recognized and has no official role in Albania, then Leka's pretensions to the defunct throne are a private matter and unlike the kings of Belgium and Sweden, he will be able to do anything he likes.
Old 10-23-2020, 02:47 PM
Nobility

Hope we will be gifted with a nice photo of the newest member of the Albanian Royal Family.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

First photos of Prince Leka and Princess Elia Zaharia with their daughter.

https://scontent.flis6-1.fna.fbcdn.n...80&oe=5FC369C2

https://scontent.flis6-1.fna.fbcdn.n...73&oe=5FC200BB

https://scontent.flis6-1.fna.fbcdn.n...86&oe=5FC1BFAB

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...40109602911033
Old 10-30-2020, 07:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

It’s a shame the little one is covered up so much. They have provided pictures of themselves with a blanket.
Old 10-31-2020, 01:46 PM
Nobility

Would have been nice to see the face of the little Pss.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Agree that it would be nice to see little Geraldine's face. There doesn't seem much point in just showing the blanket - I can understand wanting privacy, but they could show her in a discreet way but so we can still see her properly.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-31-2020, 08:53 PM
Gentry

Lovely blanket , the parent's are going even further than the "sussex's" in keeping their child away from the media .
Old 11-09-2020, 11:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

"EXCLUSIVE: Crown Prince Leka II of the Albanians talks to Royal Central about his daughter, life and role in Albania"

https://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/ex...lbania-152230/
Old 11-19-2020, 05:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Leka of Albania gave an interview to the website Vanitatis.

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencial...rquia_2837299/

Tags
albania, king zog, leka, queen geraldine, queen susan, zog