Royal and Noble Families of Poland and Lithuania

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CrownPrinceLorenzo said:
Do you think it's because Wladyslaw was also sovereign of Lithuania that's why he became co-sovereign and because Lithuania and Poland was joined together?

Do you think if Wladyslaw wasn't a sovereign, and had a lower title, do you thnk Jadwiga would've remained King?
Around their wedding in 1386 Władysław was only a Grand Duke of some pagan, big country near Poland. Jadwiga was a King - ruler from two years. She came from old and good conected families from both sides.
That's all true but it was much easier than you think.
After Władysław wedding and coronation in 1386 for the Polish King, Jadwiga keep her title of the King. But since her wedding Jadwiga technically become a wife of the King and she was known from this moment as a Queen. Only think - two Kings in one country?! No matter of the fact that they had different gender. That's abnormal situation specially in the Middle Ages!

Yes, Jogaila (first Lituanian name) Władysław (Christian name) was a Grand Duke of Lithuania twice: 1377-1381 and 1382-1401.

Vladislaus by God's grace king of Poland, and lands of Kraków, Sandomierz, Sieradz, Łęczyca, Kuyavia, supreme-prince of Lithuania, lord and heir of Pomerania and Ruthenia, etc.

He's first-born son Władysław III Warneńczyk/ Vladislaus III of Varna was Vladislaus by God's grace king of Poland, Hungary, Dalmatia, Croatia, and lands of Kraków, Sandomierz, Sieradz, Łęczyca, Kuyavia, grand duke of Lithuania, lord and heir of Pomerania and Ruthenia .

CrownPrinceLorenzo said:
Do you think it's because Wladyslaw was also sovereign of Lithuania that's why he became co-sovereign and because Lithuania and Poland was joined together?

Do you think if Wladyslaw wasn't a sovereign, and had a lower title, do you thnk Jadwiga would've remained King?

If she didn't married Wladyslaw she would be compelled to marry another man... The dynasty must going on- that was "the only rule and duty" for royal women - to give birth to heir....

My godmother is a Poniatowski or in her case a Poniatowska and the main branch of her family is in France although her branch is in Mexico and she divides her time between Mexico City and Texas. Her cousin was Minister of the Interior under Valery Giscard D'Estaing and his daughter was a close friend of Princess Caroline. There are a few other Polish Royals but considering that Poland ceased to exist as a country for most of the 19th century there has not been a king since Stanislas Augustus (Poniatowski). If you have any specific questions about the Poniatowskis I can ask her in January when I stay with her in.

Last edited:
Marie Kazimiera Sobieska was not a French princess but a member of the French nobility. She went to Poland as a child to be a lady-in-waiting for an earlier queen, Ludwika Maria Gonzaga. She married Jan Sobieski after the death of her first husband, another Polish magnate, Jan Zamoyski.

Mikush Sapieha

Does anyone know anything about Mr Sapieha ? He is a very handsome chap and a Prince X

I know he was on that show "American Princess".

He is just turned 41 years old.

he has two sister, including Princess Paola Saphieha, who is a model.

His IMDB page--including films and shows hes appeared in.
Michael Sapieha

Polish Royals

Does anyone have information on living Polish Royals?

The Reigning head of the Royal Order, Kingdom of Poland is HRH Princess Diana Lenska, who resides in New York, NY at this time. She is setting up court in Utica, New York. She descended from Marie Leczinska, the Polish Princess who became Queen of France when she married Louis XV in 1725. Through the German line of her family she is related to Marie Antoinette. You may find her on myspace at

MySpace.com - Princess Diana Lenska - 39 - Female - New York - www.myspace.com/princesslenska

Princess Diana Lenska? It doesn't sound quite right to me. Add that to the fact that she looks like a transvestite and I think we have a pretender on our hands.

Princess Diana Lenska

I can assure you if I could only send you other pics of her that she is quite lovely and far from a transvestite. Look closer no adams apple in her neck. :lol:

Oh you can have that removed easily enough via a tracheal shave but it's a long way to go to pass as a Polish Princess. See, what strikes me as odd is that we have a Polish actress here called Rula Lenska who was born a Polish Countess and she was quite big in America at one time. I think we've got a Princess Di fan who's tacked Lenska on and is now swanning about New York -probably with faux accent - demanding curtseys. Very odd.

Maybe

Maybe, but after seeing her in a formal gown at other events pics that I have she looks far from a transvestite to me. I will find out in October when she holds court. Did you google her to find out more about her?:ermm:

I did but I don't see much proof of her claim. Where's her direct line? Whats even more off putting is that she sells her second hand clothes on Ebay declaring them to have been "worn by HRH Princess Diana". This idea of a Royal Order of the Kingdom of Poland is all a bit tenuous.

King of Mann

That's what the UK said about an American citizen being the next king of Mann until the UK courts upheld it. :cool:

Eh? The Queen is Lord of Mann. The Isle of Mann doesn't have a King. This Diana Lenska woman has a few delusions of grandeur methinks.

HRH King David of Mann

While your at it check the royal blood line, he is a cousin to HRH the Queen. There are quite a few American nobles and royals running around over here with displaced kingdoms.

HRH King David of the Isle of Mann? I think not. I'm all for Royal pretenders, whatever lights your candle, but let's not be deluded. There's no such Kingdom. And this Diana gal really isn't who she thinks she is.

I'm all ears, why not?

I'm all ears, why not? You seem to have more experience at Royal Pretenders explain why. :)

Well, firstly let's deal with the Isle of Mann thing. This David chap may be related to the Queen but I'm afraid there is no such thing as "The Kingdom of the Isle of Mann". There just isn't. Mann is a British territory who's Head of State is Queen Elizabeth II who reigns there as Lord of Mann. There's no doubt on that and no UK court has ruled otherwise.

This Polish girl doesn't seem to have any legitimate backing at all. Where is the proof of her direct bloodline to the Kings of Poland? Does she speak Polish? Why is she claiming to be Princess of 'the Royal Order of the Kingdom of Poland' when she's apparantly a Princess of Poland? Why doesn't she use the title, "Princess Diana of Poland"? There's no such thing as the Royal Order of the Kingdom of Poland and seeing as she sells Knighthoods and Damehoods of the Order on Ebay, I hardly think she's the real deal.

The real Polish Royal Family are the Poniatowskis.

Elena Poniatowska - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course, if she's relayed to the Poniatowskis and Elena has started using Royal titles and styles, giving them out to relatives via some new Dynastic laws then I'll happily back down.

Princess Diana Lenska

Fair enough, as far as the Isle of Man I am not to concerned about that one right now. As far as the Princess goes however, if you noticed she is in an my opinion is in an akward situation. There is two bloodlines in three different countries she claims.

Germany, Poland and France, there are how many Princes in Germany alone as of today? In countries the size of states in the United States, but yet they are Princes/Prinz's.

How strong is the other family to laying claim to the throne compared to Princess Diana Lenska? There are "always" several family's that 'lay claim to a throne", when there is no throne to be had. I am sure you are aware of these in your line of work.

Well any family can claim any throne but that doesn't make it a legitimate claim.

Maybe She Abdicated?

Maybe, Elena Poniatowska abdicated her position and her blood line? Is there anything out there on that? From what I see she is down in Mexico working as an author and on a Mexican Crusade for politics.

A royal in her position should be trying to re-establish the family line like Princess Lenska has been doing. I would think remembering her heritage is more important cause than fighting for Mexican politics.

Even if Elena had abdicated her rights as head of the Royal House, there'd have to be some blood tie with Diana Lenska. She can't just pick up someone else's bloodline because she fancies it. Do you see what I mean? Just because Elena isn't gunning for the throne of Poland doesn't mean that someone else can come along and claim it for themselves. They have to have some link with the dynasty.

Abdicating the Throne of Poland

Yes I do understand, and there very well maybe a link to the same dynasty. I would have to research that, but I do know if there are two bloodlines that are Royal and they are both the last of the bloodlines. And Elena abdicated then the other bloodline Princess Diana Lenska could claim the throne.

Wasn't the Windsors and the Stuart's the same way? The Windsor even kept out the Mountabattens by keeping Prince Phillip just a prince. From what I understand he was quite upset about that. :neutral:

If Elena abdicated her rights to the throne then any siblings she had would come first in the line of succession. It depends on what relation Diana Lenska is to Elena Poniatowski and if she really is related to Maria Leszczyńska as she claims. If she can provide a family tree with an unbroken line from Maria to herself and secure evidence then she may have a stronger claim than the Poniatowkskis but I doubt it.

In Britain we have all sorts of people claiming to be the rightful Stuart heirs, similarly we have people setting themselves up as all kinds of nobles and heirs. There are alot of con artists out there and in this case, I'd say that anyone who uses a MySpace as their online court, sells dresses and titles through Ebay, doesn't have a family tree anywhere, has invented a 'Royal Order' and isn't even consistent in her self-styled title isn't the real deal. I'd steer clear, especially if you've parted with money. There's alot of what if and even if she was legitimate, Elana Poniatowski comes first - whatever her actions.

I'm not sure what you mean about the Mountbattens. Prince Philip is a Prince in his own right, he couldn't be elevated any higher even when he was made a Prince of the UK in his own right. You may be thinking of the name which is something slightly different but isn't anything to do with claims to the throne.

This all smacks of a very old radio show called "Let's Pretend." She could also be the Queen of the May. There is no Polish throne, nor has there been for generations. Holding court in Utica? Selling stuff on E-Bay?

As for Philip, he was angered, because his last name Mounbatten, really Battenburg, was not allowed to his offspring, at that time. They would remain Windsor. All men's children got to carry their father's last name and so, and I quote, "I am just a bloody ameboea to them". It had nothing to do with being a prince. Today it is agreed, I think, that some of the grandchildren carry the name Moutbatten-Windsor.

Does anyone have information on living Polish Royals?

"Polish Royals" would be an interesting way to put it, since the Polish Monarchy was an elected one.

I am descended partially from the Báthory family, which produced one king of Poland. There is also the actress Leelee Sobieski, who is descended from Polish King John III Sobieski.

So I suppose my claim to Poland would be as legitimate as anyone else's that descends from a monarchy that was elected.

Back
Top Bottom