King Zahir Shah (1914-2007) and the Royal Family of Afghanistan

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/05/n...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0
In 1945, Ertogroul Osman moved into a two-bedroom walk-up apartment on the top floor of a three-story commercial building on Lexington Avenue south of 74th Street. Though it had a handsome mansard roof at the time and a prime uptown location, the stout 34-foot-wide property was practically a hovel compared with the 124-acre Yildiz Palace in old Constantinople where Mr. Osman was born and where his grandfather Abdul Hamid II ruled from 1876 to 1909. Had the empire not been dissolved, Mr. Osman would have taken the throne in 1994.

Instead he spent 64 years in the same apartment until he died in 2009 on a trip to Istanbul with his second wife, Her Imperial Highness Zeynep Osman, who had joined him on Lexington Avenue after their marriage in 1991. Like her husband, Ms. Osman’s royal family had had to flee its home in Afghanistan in the 1920s.

Last edited:
The remaining of the royal family

Hi everyone!
I was curious to know about what happened to Afghan king Zahir Shah after the taliban took over.
I would also like to know the present Afgahn royal family whereabouts.
just curious!

I assume you got your reply as for what happened to the king. As for the remaining of the royal family, it's said one of the prince lives in Bahrain the Middle East and few others of his family members live in France. They are very protective of their heritage and roots and they live under nationalities of these Arab countries. Due to the fact that they are very wealthy (estimated wealth of over 4 billion $) they happen to fit in well with the 'rich Arab' profile. I happened to do some legal paper work for one of the prince at which point i realized who he really was. Most of them are wealthy business men and few live off the properties they own all around Asia and Europe. I was also told that a large part of the royal family resides in the US, Switzerland and Afghanistan.

Princess Luciana Pallavicini Hassan of Afghanistan was present at a mass and ceremony celebrating the 140th anniversary of The National Institute for the Guard of Honour to the Royal Tombs of the Pantheon in Rome, Italy, today, January 21. Prince Emanuele Filiberto of Savoy was present as well:

** gettyimages gallery **

Any member of the Royal Family still live in the country?

Princess Luciana Pallavicini Hassan of Afghanistan attended the ceremony in memory of the kings of Italy within the Pantheon in Rome on February 10. Prince Emanuele Filiberto of Savoy was present as well:

** gettyimages gallery ** gettyimages gallery 2 **

Hi everyone!
I was curious to know about what happened to Afghan king Zahir Shah after the taliban took over.
I would also like to know the present Afgahn royal family whereabouts.
just curious!

That is a rather strange request :ermm: as the royal family is being hunted

Does anybody know if the Son of the Late Kings sister who was in Rome with the King is still alive?

Sam Durrani

I was watching this show, don't ask why,:eek: and it was called "Survival of the Richest." In the game there are two groups, the rich kids and the poor kids. Well, one of the rich kids happened to be a member of the Afghani Royalty. They only gave her first name which was "Sammy" and her net worth, actually her families net worth was over a billion dollars. I was wondering what was her case. Is she really part of the royal family or anything you guys know about her?? Thanks.:)

Sam Durrani a/k/a Saima Shahnawaz Khan Durrani, Family Worth: $1 Billion (eliminated)

Just finished reading the biography of the kingdom of Afghanistan by HRH Prince Ali Seraj
of Afghanistan by Antonia Felix, I didn't know that Afghanistan long time ago was a kingdom, the family line traced back to 867 AD, the prince is a direct descendant of nine generations of kings of Afghanistan. I always thought that Afghanistan was a republic through the centuries, this prince was a nephew of HM King Amanullah (1919-1929).
I love reading royal biographies from all over the world, especially the historical ones.

Back
Top Bottom