Ancient Egyptian Dynasties to the Ptolemies of Egypt & Palestine

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fk: a person can declare himself king regardless of lineage

Declaring yourself king and being king are two different things.

Back in the day when kings were over thrown by others, if you had a big enough army behind you and some political support that worked. In modern times you may be able to seize control but you'd be called a dictator, not king. No matter what title you decided to give yourself personally.

If any monarchy would be restored in modern times, there would have to be some cultural/historical link to the past. That's the point of restoring that system. Picking some random person and calling them king does little.

In an Arab country, trying to install a Pharaoh in modern times? Not going to happen. Even if they could try and track some heir down.

Now restoring the Egyptian kings? Highly unlikely still (there is a very rare country where restoring a monarchy might be possible) but at least more plausible then a pharaoh.

Faud II still lives, the last Muslim King of Egypt. He and his line would be far more likely to be restored then some resurrected Pharaoh. But I don't see either happening.

Ok. So now. Everyone is instead talking about the probability of Ancient Egyptian Monarchy being restored which I agree is very low (some would say negligible) and it's a hypothetical question as of right now.

After Ptolemy XV Caesar, who were the successive Heads of the House of Ptolomy and pretenders to the Egyptian throne?

The Pharaohs' Golden Parade: 22 royal mummies were transferred in style from the old Egyptian Museum to the new National Museum of Egyptian Civilisation.

I saw it on the news tonight and I thought it was wonderful, an excellent parade spectacle, honouring the 18 Kings and 4 Queens. I hope the New Museum gets the tourists it deserves when travel returns to normal again.

I saw it on the news tonight and I thought it was wonderful, an excellent parade spectacle, honouring the 18 Kings and 4 Queens. I hope the New Museum gets the tourists it deserves when travel returns to normal again.

I also saw this on the news earlier and also thought the same.

Tutankhamon: Life, Death and Legacy.

The Tomb of Tutankhamun.

Back
Top Bottom