The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 03-27-2018, 06:58 AM
Member - in Memoriam

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Very interesting article and thanks for finding it, eya. It kind of coincides with a book I'm reading that goes into depth about discoveries and finds made throughout Egypt. From what I have been reading, a lot of finds are stashed away in dark corners in museums collecting dust.

The book I'm reading is called "The Shadow King: The Bizarre Afterlife of King Tut's Mummy" by Jo Marchant.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:49 AM
Member - in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
That article is both contradictory and confusing.
Especially the parts about parentage.
One thing that does confuse a lot of modern sensibilities is that it is not generally known that the marriage practices within the royal houses remained within the family. Fathers married daughters and brothers married sisters and there was a lot of inbreeding going on.

Marriage Practices
Old 03-27-2018, 06:52 PM
Royal Highness

Many *Thank You's* Eya for posting that information on Hatshepsut. She has always been one of my very favorite females in ancient history. I just got a book on her, Hatchepsut by Joyce Tyldesley and it is a very detailed book, the kind that you need just the right amount of consternation with pen and paper in hand to take notes so that the notes go into my computer. I do that with these kind of books, so enjoyable to read about her.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:03 PM
Royal Highness

Eya,

Many Thank You's for this, how interesting and what is amazing is that the ancient people actually left *instructions* for people in the after life to build the boat again........that just made me reread the article...darn they did not leave anything to chance did they.....amazing group of ancients there I would say.....I am currently working on a book of *Cleopatras*, not the famous one but the name and where it came from and all named before and after The Cleopatra as we know her. A very technical book and not easy to read for a layperson such as me.
Old 04-11-2018, 01:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Rare 3,500 year-old sculpture of female Pharaoh Hatshepsut is found

WHO WAS QUEEN HATSHEPSUT?** | Daily Mail Online

When I was in the Royal Mummy room at the old Egyptian Museum some years ago standing next to Queen Hatshepsut there was a smal etikette attached to her glass coffin there saying Queen Hatshepsut was "an obese woman with a toothake...I've never been more dumbfounded as to why on earth anyone at that respectable museum would give a discription like that for a Lady of her stature.

Another detail..she was laying between Tuthmoses III and Ramses II..oh history...
Old 08-13-2018, 01:03 PM
Member - in Memoriam

Another article describing the find of the second sphinx. They're going to be taking their time to uncover this one as they want to ensure that the environmental climate won't damage it.

https://egyptianstreets.com/2018/08/...ered-in-luxor/
Old 09-02-2018, 11:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Another discover in Egypt

Newly-unearthed village found in Egypt's Nile Delta 'predated pharaohs', archaeologists say | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-16-2018, 08:06 AM
Member - in Memoriam

Just a note for those of you that are interested in ancient civilizations. One of the websites I frequent for information and suggestions for books to read called Ancient Origins now has a magazine out. Read the first edition for free on the website.

https://trailer.web-view.net/Show/0X...B13E48CCAB.htm
Old 12-16-2018, 08:53 AM
Imperial Majesty

Newly discovered tomb in Saqqara, Giza, Egypt

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed..._saqqara,_giza
Old 12-16-2018, 08:58 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here's some further information on the 4,400-year-old tomb, thought to be the final resting place of a high priest, has been discovered in Egypt

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-mi...und-in-saqqara
Old 12-16-2018, 09:18 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you Eya and AAR so very much for sharing this, what a thrilling find this is and I am keeping an eye out for what comes next. I truly believe that there are more tombs of the ancient Egyptians and the royal families to be found, the surface has been scratched only and in time hopefully the powers to be can dig deeper into the hills and sand........so much to learn from this tomb and those statues are just gorgeous, the colors still vivid today from thousands of years ago........this is very exciting for the amateur Egyptologist.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

We have the Burial site of Cleopatra and Mark Antony? According Archaeologists: soon

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...ered-soon.html
Old 01-22-2019, 03:11 AM
Royal Highness

Whoa, now won't that be just fabulous in our life time if that happened Eya, what a thrilling find that would be.......gads this is exciting to read about. I so wish I was there......would be wanting to help dig in the sand and explore and find even a piece of pottery.....from way back when. I am going to now go search google for more info......Thanks a bunch for the news....
Old 02-28-2019, 03:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

The discoveries never end in Ancient Egypt!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...hop-Egypt.html
Old 05-04-2019, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Archaeologists have discovered 4,500 years burials at the Giza Plateau archaeological site near Cairo.

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-05-04/...k-4-500-years/
Old 09-21-2019, 08:29 PM
Member - in Memoriam

As much as I love all the discoveries and the knowledge of a far distant past that comes with each new discovery, part of me wishes that the tombs were never opened and desecrated through the thousands of years of ancient Egyptian history first by tomb robbers in the past and now for scientific study. The culture of ancient Kemet was very steeped in the belief of the afterlife and was reflected in their day to day lives.

Moses wasn't the first to come into contact what is known today as the ten commandments. Its most likely as he grew up in the House of Pharaoh, he was familiar with the ancient Kemetic commandments. All 42 of them.

https://www.perankhgroup.com/commandments.htm
Old 10-16-2019, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Archaeologists have discovered at least 20 ancient wooden coffins in the southern city of Luxor,amazing that they have survived all this time!

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...or-957344.html
Old 02-16-2020, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

On this day,February 16th,1923 Archaeologist opens the tomb of King Tut at Thebes, Egypt.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history
Old 06-17-2020, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Archaeologists will begin a search at the site of the ancient Abu Sir Palace near Alexandria for the possible burial site of Cleopatra.

https://www.egypttoday.com/Article/4...ear-Alexandria
Old 07-24-2020, 07:14 AM
Commoner

Was there any order of succession and/or a line of succession especially at the time(s) of Nectanebo II and/or Cleopatra VII/Ptolemy XV? Plus, who would/could be a pretender to the throne today?