Ancient Egyptian Dynasties to the Ptolemies of Egypt & Palestine

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Eya and AAR so very much for sharing this, what a thrilling find this is and I am keeping an eye out for what comes next. I truly believe that there are more tombs of the ancient Egyptians and the royal families to be found, the surface has been scratched only and in time hopefully the powers to be can dig deeper into the hills and sand........so much to learn from this tomb and those statues are just gorgeous, the colors still vivid today from thousands of years ago........this is very exciting for the amateur Egyptologist. :flowers::flowers:

:previous:

Whoa, now won't that be just fabulous in our life time if that happened Eya, what a thrilling find that would be.......gads this is exciting to read about. I so wish I was there......would be wanting to help dig in the sand and explore and find even a piece of pottery.....from way back when. I am going to now go search google for more info......Thanks a bunch for the news....:flowers:

As much as I love all the discoveries and the knowledge of a far distant past that comes with each new discovery, part of me wishes that the tombs were never opened and desecrated through the thousands of years of ancient Egyptian history first by tomb robbers in the past and now for scientific study. The culture of ancient Kemet was very steeped in the belief of the afterlife and was reflected in their day to day lives.

Moses wasn't the first to come into contact what is known today as the ten commandments. Its most likely as he grew up in the House of Pharaoh, he was familiar with the ancient Kemetic commandments. All 42 of them.

https://www.perankhgroup.com/commandments.htm

Was there any order of succession and/or a line of succession especially at the time(s) of Nectanebo II and/or Cleopatra VII/Ptolemy XV? Plus, who would/could be a pretender to the throne today?

Was there any order of succession and/or a line of succession especially at the time(s) of Nectanebo II and/or Cleopatra VII/Ptolemy XV? Plus, who would/could be a pretender to the throne today?

By the time the Ptolemies came to the throne of Egypt, the Egyptian dynasties were kind of obsolete as the progenitor Ptolemy I was a Macedonian Greek. It started the Hellenistic Egypt era.

https://www.thoughtco.com/rulers-of-the-ptolemies-172247

As for descendants of Cleopatra VII, her son, Caesarion, in full Ptolemy Philopator Philometor Caesar, also called Ptolemy XV Caesar, (born June 47 BCE—died 30 BCE), king of Egypt (reigned 44–30 BCE), son of Julius Caesar and Cleopatra VII. Ptolemy was his mother’s co-ruler, killed by Octavian, later the emperor Augustus, after Cleopatra’s death. With Caesarion as pharaoh, if the line would have continued, Egypt would then have been part of the Roman Empire.

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Caesarion

The opening of a 4,400 year old Wah-Tye tomb at Saqqara in Egypt back in 2018.The tomb was built for a royal official 'Wahtye' at the court of King Neferirkare and he was buried with his wife and mother.

Ancient Egyptian monarchs and the order and line of succession

Somewhere someone asked for opinions as to who should be the Pharaoh if Ancient Egyptian Monarchy is restored. It got me thinking about the order and line of succession in 343 BC at the time of death of Nectanebo II. Does anybody know anything about the order or the line of succession at that time (or at least in 30 BC when the Romans took over).

Somewhere someone asked for opinions as to who should be the Pharaoh if Ancient Egyptian Monarchy is restored. It got me thinking about the order and line of succession in 343 BC at the time of death of Nectanebo II. Does anybody know anything about the order or the line of succession at that time (or at least in 30 BC when the Romans took over).

I’d never heard of Nectanebo until now. I looked him up - he was the last native Pharaoh, but the last Pharaoh period was Cleopatra. Judging by what I found when I Googled him, Nectanebo didn’t have any heirs..and neither did Cleopatra

cleopatra did have descendants in mauretania and possibly zenobia

cleopatra did have descendants in mauretania and possibly zenobia

really? How so? And who might have been the father?

Augustus made sure that no one with a drop of Agypt royal blood survived.. :whistling:

Really, I don't get it, why people are so keen on believing every bullshit invented, but not in what's real and whats probable.

really? How so? And who might have been the father?

Augustus made sure that no one with a drop of Agypt royal blood survived.. :whistling:

Really, I don't get it, why people are so keen on believing every bullshit invented, but not in what's real and whats probable.
Cleopatra's three children with Mark Anthony were taken to be raised in Rome by Octavia. While her two brothers didn't have any children Cleopatra Selene married King Juba of Mauretania and had descendants. One of their descendants was the Emperor Elagabalus.

Also of the historians are sure, that those kids where killed! Show me one serious historian who thinks otherwise.

I didn't know there was a "bring back the Pharaohs" movement. As for the descendants from what I know it's like the British monarchy - houses died out and new houses were created.

Also of the historians are sure, that those kids where killed! Show me one serious historian who thinks otherwise.
That Cleopatra Selene lived to become Queen of Mauretania is a well known fact acknowledged by any reputable historian. If you don't want to believe it that's up to you but I suggest that you read up on Roman history.

Cleopatra's three children with Mark Anthony were taken to be raised in Rome by Octavia. While her two brothers didn't have any children Cleopatra Selene married King Juba of Mauretania and had descendants. One of their descendants was the Emperor Elagabalus.

Thank you for reminding me about her children with Mark Antony...!

I could not find how elagabalus was related. please elaborate

Everyone is talking about the descendants of Cleopatra but no one is talking about the order and/or the line of succession.

Everyone is talking about the descendants of Cleopatra but no one is talking about the order and/or the line of succession.
The Ptolemeis might have practiced agnatic primogeniture (as did most royal dynasties at the time) in theory but as their family history show any relative with a sharp dagger, some poison and a cunning mind had a chance to end up on the throne.

Last edited:
I could not find how elagabalus was related. please elaborate
Elagabalus grandmother Julia Maesa was the great-granddaughter of King Ptolemy of Mauretania who was the son of Cleopatra Selene of Mauretania, the daughter of Cleopatra and Mark Anthony.

For those interested in the family the brilliant podcast The Ancient World has a series (Episode B1 >>) called Bloodline on the subject.

I don't see the Egyptians bringing back the Pharaohs. The Egyptians are a very religious Muslim people. The Pharaohs were thought to be ancient deities.

There is not way restore pharaotic system to Egypt. Egypt has been strongly Muslim nation already centuries and before Arab conquest the country had been strongly Christian nation already couple centuries. Last Pharaoh dynasty was already died out long time before Constantine the Great.

And it is simply impossible find any descendants of ancient pharaohs. Last members of Ptolemaios died something like 2000 years ago. It is impossible find anyone modern living descendants of pharaohs. And probably there is thousands descednandts of pharaohs considering how many wives and children some pharaohs had.

Furthermore many dynasties hardly were even any related to each others. So question who would be rightful heir as pharaoh is quiet irrelevant.

fk: a person can declare himself king regardless of lineage

Back
Top Bottom