American Royalty

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think women in general are sexualized, marginalized and then slammed for exerting control over their own sexuality for whatever reason, either to make a living or to engage in pursuits they find fulfilling and enjoyable.

It is a person's overall character, upbringing and behavior that matters, regardless of so-called 'racy' pictures that are out there. Misogyny and misogynoir abound in our culture.

What isn't widely known is that misogyny has its opposite. Misandry. It's out there and alive and well in all kinds of societies in the 21st century. ;)

I think women in general are sexualized, marginalized and then slammed for exerting control over their own sexuality for whatever reason, either to make a living or to engage in pursuits they find fulfilling and enjoyable.

It is a person's overall character, upbringing and behavior that matters, regardless of so-called 'racy' pictures that are out there. Misogyny and misogynoir abound in our culture.

I agree that it is a person's character and behaviour that matters most and that many "unsuitable" royal brides of the last decade have proven themselves hardworking and dedicated in the face of a lot of judgement. Slow and steady wins the race.

However making a lot of fuss over "racy" pictures is hardly the preserve of people marrying in to royal families. There have been plenty of young American actresses and celebrities who've talked about not being able to find work after their naked pictures were leaked or because they said or did something stupid once that followed them around forever.

And since we don't know these people it's often easier to go with first impressions. Even after a long time we can't see their true character we can only judge on their public behaviour over a period of time.

I will point out that this isn't entirely just about women in royal circles either. Prince Daniel got a huge amount of criticism and innuendo for "just being a personal trainer sleeping with the rich girl" and some farm boy. He has also proven himself publicly over 10 years.

Kei Komuro and his family's character has been picked clean by both the IHA, Japanese Government and the media.

To get back on topic American Chris O'Neill married Princess Madeleine and has faced a lot of criticism. It seems that Svensk Damtidning publishes trivial nit picks and attacks on him weekly.

Last edited:

Ah yes, being a slag is "empowering" to women.

Chris doesn't exactly count as royalty, though, does he? Since he deliberately turned the prince (or even duke) thing down. Americans married to royals are not necessarily royal themselves (see Wallis).

For that matter, there's Jim O'Hare, Princess Delphine of Belgium's partner. Newly royal "wife" and kids, but not him.

Leonore, Nicholas, Adrienne, Josephine and Oscar all are by virtue of having one royal and one American parent, but not their fathers.

Last edited:
Chris doesn't exactly count as royalty, though, does he? Since he deliberately turned the prince (or even duke) thing down. Americans married to royals are not necessarily royal themselves (see Wallis).

For that matter, there's Jim O'Hare, Princess Delphine of Belgium's partner. Newly royal "wife" and kids, but not him.

I know Chris is not technically "royal" but I counted him because A) his wife and in laws are all royal and B) his children were HRH until 18 months ago and still hold "Prince/ss" titles. He's part of the Swedish royal family if not the Royal House.

He still gets endlessly criticised even though he made it clear from the outset that he didn't want a title or be involved in royal duties. Despite being a successful, good looking white man.

I am not sure how many other royals talk like Americans.

Well, this surely counts. It's amazing, both because Harald also has a very posh British English and because he must have picked this up as a young child in the US during the war. And nobody thought to tell him he sounds like a gangster, see? :lol:

Princess Ariana Austin (wife of Prince Joel David Makonnen of Ethiopia) and Queen Hope Cooke (wife of King Palden Thondup Namgyal of Sikkim) are also Americans.

And Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor is American.

Princess Rita: The Wedding of Rita Hayworth and Prince Aly Khan

Consuelo Vanderbilt as a child was sometimes strapped to a steel rod for posture.

Consuelo Vanderbilt as a child was sometimes strapped to a steel rod for posture.

The former duchess of Marlborough is buried beside her son Lord Ivor Charles Spencer-Churchill who predeceased her.
Also buried at the picturesque St Martin's Church, Bladon

Lord Randolph Churchill (father of Sir Winston)
Lady Randolph Churchill (mother of Sir Winston)
Major Jack Churchill
Diana Spencer-Churchill
Major Randolph Churchill
Sarah Churchill
Lady Soames
Lord Soames
Winston Spencer-Churchill +2010
Sir Winston and Lady Clementine Churchill
10th Duke of Marlborough & First wife,Lady Alexandra Mary Cadogan

Back
Top Bottom