Swedish State Visit to Italy: March 24-26, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Silvia released an interview with the Italian TV news programme TG2:

Videoclip

Marengo, Mara Carfagna posed topless for a calendar at her start of her modelling career, later she became a showgirl in a few family oriented TV shows. Then she became involved with politics and quitted the showbiz. She was elected a MP before she became the Minister for Equal Opportunities. She has a university degree and is a lawyer. She's also a good pianist.
Although I'm not a supporter of her or her party, I think she's doing a great job for women and children. She also talked to the Queen in English, which is quite unusual with our politicians...

One more gallery from Olycom

And another gallery still from Olycom

Last edited by a moderator:
Dagospia reported that Ms Emma Marcegaglia and some other people who were present at the confidustria event with the king was very nervous about the manners to use with a king

I wonder why the Prince of Pontecorvo never visits the town of Pontecorvo, that is not so far from Rome! Isn't the King curious to see the bridge that is in his family's Coat of Arms?
Queen Silvia released an interview with the Italian TV news programme TG2:

Videoclip
Thanks for the video, Tosca!
Queen Silvia looks very nice and sweet! She says that she comes often to Italy and that her brother lives here. I didn't know that. Does anybody have more infos about Queen Silvia's brother?

As far as it regards Mara Carfagna
Although I'm not a supporter of her or her party, I think she's doing a great job for women and children.
I totally agree!

uthieviews

Where did Queen Silvia get that aqua outfit she wore to the formal dinner in Italy? It looks like she was hit by a flying mermaid. Please, please get some fashion advice from your daughters.

Thanks for the nice pics Boris and Ursulajohanna!:flowers:

I like this pic of Queen Silvia loking at the fresh tortellini in a window shop (tortellini are typical of Bologna and Modena)
Belga

and this pic of the King carrying his own briefcase/ hand-luggage, on his arrival at the airport of Bologna. Very unusual for a king, but very nice of him.
Pic

I like that the Queen now frequently wears the ruby tiara, it´s growing on me. I don´t like the dress though... looks like the Queen has wrapt herself in a pink sheet :nonono:
On which other events did she wear the ruby tiara? Sorry, I must have missed those. :ermm:
You are right about the "sheet". She ususally has more style.

On which other events did she wear the ruby tiara? Sorry, I must have missed those. :ermm:
You are right about the "sheet". She ususally has more style.

The first time she wore it as necklace at the Return Banquet which was hosted by Queen Beatrix and Prince Claus at their State Visit to Sweden in the 80's. Then at the Wedding of Joachim and Alexandra in 1995. Nrxt time was at the State Visit to japan in 2007, Return Dinner at the State Visit to Portugal 2008, State Visit from Greece in 2008.

Thank you for your detailed answer. I wasn't aware that she wore it so often.

Thank you for your detailed answer. I wasn't aware that she wore it so often.

Yes but as you can see see only started recently to wear it on a regulär basis.

Yes but as you can see see only started recently to wear it on a regulär basis.
I had heard that there was a dispute about the ownership of this tiara and that this was the reason why the queen didn’t wear it anymore. But maybe this information was wrong or the maybe the conflict was solved. It's nice to see it, anyway:flowers:

I had heard that there was a dispute about the ownership of this tiara and that this was the reason why the queen didn’t wear it anymore. But maybe this information was wrong or the maybe the conflict was solved. It's nice to see it, anyway:flowers:

Yes there was a long dispute. The tiara once was a Wedding gift from King Edward VII. to his niece Margaret when she married the future Gustaf VI. Adolf. After her early death it was inherited by her second son Sigvard who lost his succession rights and titles due to unequal marriage. He sold the tiara in the 1940's in the US but the Family managed to buy it back. When King Gustaf VI. Adolf died the tiara was inherited by Sigvards son Count Michael Bernadotte. Later King Carl XVI. Gustaf bought it back from him.
The relationshp between Sigvard and the Royal family was not good because Sigvard wanted his Royal itile back but the King said he could not change a decision by one of his predecessors. Every time when the Queen whore the tiara the medis brought stories about the dubious ownership of the tiara as Sigvard wanted it also back. No since Sigvard died a few years ago this seems not so much an issue anymore.

I'm again impressed by your knowledge, Stefan! You've made my day!!

Here is a link to a german videoclip of the german tv-magazine "mittagsmagazin".
I think it is quite nice. The report is after 28:30 minutes.

"mittagsmagazin" vom 25. März 2009

First you have to klick on "Zur ZDFmediathek". Then you will see the mediaplayer.

I wonder who is regent in Sweden since the crown princess is in Brazil and the kings are in Italy?

Forget it! I didn't pay attetion this state visit ALREADY happened. :s

yes they stayed in italy and they met italian president : Giorgio Napolitano.
and they saw the villa borghese,
they are so beautiful .(swedish royal family)

Back
Top Bottom