Swedish State Visit to Canada: October 24-28, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These pics are great :cool: you can see a lot of details you can´t see in another photoagencies :)
Btw: I love queen's color of coat, but how about her hat? :neutral:

King Carl XVI Gustaf examines a hockey puck given to him by Canada's Prime Minister Stephen Harper as Queen Silvia and Harper's wife, Laureen Harper look on during a meeting in Harper's office on Parliament Hill in Ottawa, Tuesday, Oct. 24, 2006.

Photos from Polfoto

From Reuters
#1: Canada's Governor General Michaelle Jean (R) speaks with Sweden's King Carl XVI Gustaf at Rideau Hall in Ottawa October 24, 2006.
#2: Sweden's Queen Silvia (R) receives flowers from Hannah Sjostedt-Eriksson during an official welcoming ceremony at Rideau Hall in Ottawa October 24, 2006.
#4: Sweden's King Carl XVl Gustaf (R) and Queen Silvia (C) look at an exhibit during a tour of the National Gallery in Ottawa October 24, 2006.
#5: Sweden's King Carl XVl Gustaf (L) and Queen Silvia (C) walk with Chief of Protocol of Canada Malcolm Mckechnie (R) during a tour of the National Gallery in Ottawa October 24, 2006.

bweir..thanks for the pictures. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. And while I love the Queen's coat (the color is divine)...I am still not sure about that hat. But they both look great and appear to be in good spirits. Whats the weather like?

Wow great outfit of Queen Silvia! Purple looks perfect on her! I really like her hat-piece!

Nice, some snow/rain but not that cold.

I love the King's reaction to the hockey puck. The should have him drop the puck at a Leafs game.

Nice pictures bweir, I wish I could have gone out to see them. However I am in the middle of moving and it is going like this --->:bang: (why are you posting then Oppie ? ....cause I don't want to pack anymore)

It's a pity that their are no more pics of this state visit?
What's the reason?
I see plenty photo's from Willem Alexander and Maxima, but no more from Queen Silvia.

I had the pleasure today to meet Queen Silvia at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Montreal and suprisingly, I was the ONLY one present there as public (except the hotel staff). There were also no media present to cover this event. I think that there wasn't alot of publicity done around this visit.

I find that Queen Silvia looks a lot prettier when you see her in reality then photos.

Thanks for the photos Bweir! I was going to go downtown today but i had to work :bang: My lunch break is not long enough to make the trip and be back in time :sad: . I didn't have any classes today at the university either so I couldn't give my camera to a friend to snap some photos for me.

I didnt expect much coverage of this visit. Royal visits don't tend to get much reaction in Canada, unless ofcourse we're talking about British royals, and even then its the senior royals of that family who are considered more newsworthy.

bubbles said:
Thanks for the photos Bweir! I was going to go downtown today but i had to work :bang: My lunch break is not long enough to make the trip and be back in time :sad: . I didn't have any classes today at the university either so I couldn't give my camera to a friend to snap some photos for me.

The Queen's visit at the Ritz Carlton Hotel was really quick. The motorcade arrived, she step out and was greeted by a staff member, Protocol member of the government and then went in. What I didn't like was that the State Visit events were by invitation only. There was also no one from the govrenment, municipal government and provincial government. I think that there should of been someone from these governments there to welcome her, certainly the city of montreal.

I just still can't believe I saw The Queen of Sweden. LOL:ROFLMAO: :)

How wonderful sirmax! What was Her Majesty like?

from Reuters
#1: Sweden's Queen Silvia walks into a news conference in Montreal October 25, 2006.
#2: Sweden's Queen Silvia speaks during a news conference in Montreal October 25, 2006.
#3: Sweden's King Carl XVl Gustaf (C) is shown a nano-satellite Micro-Link 1 by Fredrik Bruhn (L) during a tour of Montreal-based aerospace company Caneus NPS Inc., October 25, 2006.
#4: Sweden's King Carl XVl Gustaf (C) looks at a model of a Bombardier Q300 Turboprop aircraft with Pierre Beaudoin (L), president and chief operating officer of Bombardier Aerospace and Joseph Farrell (R), president and chief executive officer of Field Aviation Company Inc., in Montreal October 25, 2006.

Mandyy,
thanks for the nice pictures of yesterday in Montreal.

What are the royal couple doing yesterday? Do you have the complete program ot the visit yesterday, no Gala at the evening?

Last edited:
Her Excellency the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean
Speech on the Occasion of the Arrival of Their Majesties Carl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden, and Queen Silvia
http://www.gg.ca/media/doc.asp?lang=e&DocID=4892

Her Excellency the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean
Speech on the Occasion of a State Dinner in Honour of Their Majesties Carl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden, and Queen Silvia
http://www.gg.ca/media/doc.asp?lang=e&DocID=4893

The Governor General's web site has some pictures from the King and Queen's visit, including pics from the state dinner:

http://www.gg.ca/media/pho/index_e.a...257&Sequence=1 .

photos from the State dinner from the site above
http://img97.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1304qg3.jpg
1304qg3.jpg

Do State Dinners in Canada take place in Rideau Hall? I love the interior of the rooms in those pictures and wanted to know if that is Rideau Hall

Yes that was at Rideau Hall, I saw a clip of the King's speech and in it it talked about the special immigration that was happening between Canada and Sweden, Hockey Players, (two Canadian teams have Sweds as there captains).

It's to bad that there isn't more coverage, but (for me at least) I find it hard to get good information about where they are. The only foriegn vistor I ever saw was the President of Afgainistan, just because I happend to be at the right place at the right time.

Pictures

Sirmax
Did you take any pictures at the Ritz Hotel?? thanks

Last edited:
How good to see Silvia in her tiara. She looks elegant. But I think that this gown could be little longer.

King Carl XVI Gustaf (C) and Queen Silvia of Sweden look at the NHL's Stanley Cup with their host, former NHL hockey star Darryl Sittler (L), during their visit to the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto October 26, 2006. REUTERS/Mike Cassese (CANADA)

Queen Silvia (R) tastes some grapes as she and King Carl XVI Gustaf tour a winery in Ontario's Niagara wine region during their visit to Canada in Niagara-On-The-Lake October 26, 2006. REUTERS/J.P. Moczulski (CANADA)

King Carl XVI Gustaf (L) and Queen Silvia of Sweden (2nd L) walks past the Horseshoe Falls with city mayor Ted Salci (2nd R) during their visit to Canada in Niagara Falls October 26, 2006. REUTERS/J.P. Moczulski (CANADA)

I like dress that the Queen wore to the state dinner. Am I wrong or is it new?

It seems like this visit has had a very interesting program with lots of variety. Visits to the hockey Hall of Fame, a winery, Niagra Falls, lots of very interesting stuff to visit.

robby86 said:
I like dress that the Queen wore to the state dinner. Am I wrong or is it new?
It's an old dress. I think she wore it in Thailand before!

What Tiara did Queen Sylvia wear to the banquet?

Back
Top Bottom