Swedish Official Visit to the United States: October 22-23, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Caption: "Their Majesties King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden attend the Inaugural Reception of the House of Sweden,in Washington DC October 22 2006."

Photos by Olivier Douliery/ABACAUSA.COM

Lovely photos, iceflower:flowers:

US President George W. Bush will welcome Sweden's King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia to Washington on October 23rd, the White House has announced.
"The United States and Sweden share a long history of friendship and a strong commitment to democracy, human rights and freedom," the White House said in a statement.
"The visit of their majesties King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia is an opportunity to further strengthen the US-Swedish friendship," it added.

The Swedish monarch and his consort will then travel to Canada for four day visit from October 24th.

Source: http://www.thelocal.se/

Silvia looked great! Gorgeous dress!
Nice to see the Royal Couple working together again. :flowers:

President George W. Bush and first lady Laura Bush welcome King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden to the White House October 23, 2006 in Washington, DC. The Swedish royals are visiting in Washington following their state visit to Canada.

72243560.jpg
72243556.jpg

Photo by Win McNamee/Getty Images

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/so...|0|0|72218884|0|0|0|0|0|||0|0|0|0|0&p=7&tag=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much for pictures Avalon!
I love this coat! Queen looks so lovely in orange :wub:

HM looks lovely as usual! And totally appropriate wear for the weather. It was slightly chilly in DC today :) Fall has arrived.

LOL in the second pic it looks like Laura Bush is about to grab Silvia´s butt

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia attend the Inaugural Reception of the House of Sweden-DC on Oct. 22, 2006

Photos from Polfoto

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia meet with President Bush and First Lady on Oct. 23, 2006. Queen Silvia has warn the orange coat a couple of times (e.g 30.04.2006)

Photos from Polfoto

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia visit the House of Sweden in Washington DC.

Photos from Abacausa and Polfoto

Last edited:
What is Silvia's secret? She never seems to age and she always looks so polished and elegantly dressed. Love the strong bright reds and oranges she wears. She and Sofia are the pictures of elegance among Europe's current queens IMHO.:flowers:

Jackswife said:
What is Silvia's secret? She never seems to age and she always looks so polished and elegantly dressed. Love the strong bright reds and oranges she wears. She and Sofia are the pictures of elegance among Europe's current queens IMHO.:flowers:

You think¿ I think she looks older than she really is. The neck is terrible and she has many expression lines.

i think that she has aged great, but there seem to be the occasional picture that makes her worry lines more apparant and defined, but i think she always looks good!

Jackswife said:
her secret; a good plastic surgeon :) She does look great, but I think its mostly because of her amazing charisma

Does she really use a plastic surgeon? I've seen photos of her up close and she has plenty of bags and wrinkles. She strikes me as a woman who has taken good care of herself and doesn't look all that different from several 60 year olds I know, who have taken very good care of themselves but who certainly haven't had plastic surgery. Maybe you know otherwise. I do think she looks good but, really, my mother in law is 73 - eats a vegetarian, low sugar diet, walks and does yoga, looks almost as good as Silvia and wouldn't be caught dead in a plastic surgeon's office.

Last edited:
Emily said:
Does she really use a plastic surgeon? I've seen photos of her up close and she has plenty of bags and wrinkles. She strikes me as a woman who has taken good care of herself and doesn't look all that different from several 60 year olds I know, who have taken very good care of themselves but who certainly haven't had plastic surgery. Maybe you know otherwise. I do think she looks good but, really, my mother in law is 73 - eats a vegetarian, low sugar diet, walks and does yoga, looks almost as good as Silvia and wouldn't be caught dead in a plastic surgeon's office.
There has been many articles about Queen Silvias face and her operations. If they are true or not can we ofcourse not be 100 % sure of. But I think its true, about three years ago her face looked really bad and "tight". Now she looks better but there still are, imo, signs of plastic surgery.

Good genes and taking care of your body can ofcourse affect ones looks but I dont think that the Queen looks like she had only taking care of herself "the natural way"

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia during the opening of the Sweden House in Washington, USA, October 23, 2006. Queen Silvia is wearing a red dress. New dress? Unfortunately there is no better photo of this dress, you'll see only the upper part.

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=2&ShowPicture=3909587&pos=16

Queen Silvia is wearing red dress. Unfortunately there is no better photo of this dress, you'll see only the upper part.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tartucat said:
King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia during the opening of the Sweden House in Washington, USA, October 23, 2006. Queen Silvia is wearing a red dress. New dress? Unfortunately there is no better photo of this dress, you'll see only the upper part.

http://www.anp-photo.com/search.pp?page=2&ShowPicture=3909587&pos=16

Queen Silvia is wearing red dress. Unfortunately there is no better photo of this dress, you'll see only the upper part.
I LOVE her hair!! She comes up with beautiful styles.

Me too. She had smth similar (with tiara) on one of Nobel's gala.

HM looks great! I love the suit.

Back
Top Bottom