Queen Silvia as President of the Mentor Foundation International

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrandDuchess

Heir Apparent
City
Somwhere
Country
Sweden
Yesterday the King and Queen attended a performance of Mamma Mia for the benefit of Mentor Sweden at Cirkus on Royal Djurgården in Stockholm. Here are some pictures from Face to Face (of the Queen speaking on the stage, together with a girl who has received help from the foundation's work).

Attachments

• Mentor Foundation Mamma Mia Cirkus 22 sept 2005_2.jpg
    Mentor Foundation Mamma Mia Cirkus 22 sept 2005_2.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 387
  • Mentor Foundation Mamma Mia Cirkus 22 sept 2005_3.jpg
    Mentor Foundation Mamma Mia Cirkus 22 sept 2005_3.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 523
  • Mentor Foundation Mamma Mia Cirkus 22 sept 2005_4.jpg
    Mentor Foundation Mamma Mia Cirkus 22 sept 2005_4.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 417
  • Mentor Foundation Mamma Mia Cirkus 22 sept 2005_5.jpg
    Mentor Foundation Mamma Mia Cirkus 22 sept 2005_5.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 409
  • Mentor Foundation Mamma Mia Cirkus 22 sept 2005_1.jpg
    Mentor Foundation Mamma Mia Cirkus 22 sept 2005_1.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 435
Here are two more pictures of the Queen together with the President of Lithuania, Valdas Adamkus, at a dinner for the Mentor Foundation in Vilnius this past week on Tuesday 4 October. From Isifa.

More pictures of the Queen and Prince Talal bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud together with the President of Lithuania and wife this past week on Tuesday 4 October. The pictures are from the official website of the President of Lithuania.

Attachments

• Mentor dinner 4 October 2005 Vilnius_1.jpg
    Mentor dinner 4 October 2005 Vilnius_1.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,623
  • Mentor dinner 4 October 2005 Vilnius_2.jpg
    Mentor dinner 4 October 2005 Vilnius_2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,654
  • Pr Adamkus & drottningen, Vilnius 4 okt 2005_3.jpg
    Pr Adamkus & drottningen, Vilnius 4 okt 2005_3.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 370
  • Pr Adamkus & drottningen, Vilnius 4 okt 2005_5.jpg
    Pr Adamkus & drottningen, Vilnius 4 okt 2005_5.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 487
  • Pr Adamkus & drottningen, Vilnius 4 okt 2005_4.jpg
    Pr Adamkus & drottningen, Vilnius 4 okt 2005_4.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 461
  • Pr Adamkus & drottningen, Vilnius 4 okt 2005_2.jpg
    Pr Adamkus & drottningen, Vilnius 4 okt 2005_2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 470
  • Pr Adamkus & drottningen, Vilnius 4 okt 2005_1.jpg
    Pr Adamkus & drottningen, Vilnius 4 okt 2005_1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 508
Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Silvia of Sweden stands with Queen Noor of Jordan, as they prepare to greet guests at a Royal Gala for the charity Mentor, at the Natural History Museum in central London.

from brunopress and ukpress

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 535
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 460
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 478
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 551
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 358
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 350
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 576
Last edited:
What I can say more about Silvia - she is still beautiful lady. I want like like she when I'll have her age.

fanletizia, thanks for posting the lovely pictures from charity-gala in London.

The queen works very much last days/week and I hope she and the king will have a couple of quiet days before they state visit next week in Turkey.

I just have to aks again for the Princess Reuss! :rolleyes:
I heard she attended the Charity Gala in London ,too.
Sadly I didn't see any pictures of Anni-Frid Lyngstad Reuss yet.
Does anyone know?

Queen Silvia and the Mentor Foundation

The Meeting and Gala Mentor Foundation was next week in Kuwait, information from royalcourt!

ursulajohanna said:
fanletizia, thanks for the links of the pictures of yesterday!]

Pics 22.4.2007

President of Mentor International, Queen Silvia of Sweden, smiles during a press conference in Kuwait City 22 April 2007.
Mentor Arabia, the Middle East and North Africa chapter of the Mentor Foundation, an international organization focused on preventing drug abuse among youth, announced today the signing of Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) that mark the start of its operational initiatives in the Arab world. The MoUs will be signed at the Mentor Arabia royal gala dinner to be held 23 April 2007 at Kuwait's newly opened The Avenues mall. AFP PHOTO/YASSER AL-ZAYYAT

Pic 1
Pic 2

Iceflower, thanks for the information and links to Mentor press conference in Kuwait.

Yesterday evening, the queen attend the Gala for Mentor Foundation in Kuwait. Do you know information about this event and links to pictures?

Hermine, thanks for the great links to articles and picture of the queen in Kuwait.

But it is pitty for us to see NO pictures of the Gala at Monday evening in Kuwait for Mentor Foundation!

Last edited:
Thank you very much Madeleine for the pics of Queen Silvia in Lund.
I am really puzzled too by the lack of coverage of the Kuwait Mentor gala. Thanks to ursulajohanna, we have a link to one article and at least one pic - but this was a rather important occasion, effectually introducing the Mentor charity to Arab countries and supported by the Kuwait Royal Family. It's weird that even the Royal Court's website only mentions the gala in the Court Calendar while the 'Daily Star' newspaper states that The Queen spent a total of four days in Kuwait, filled with meetings, press conference etc.
In contrast to some other Queen consorts, Queen Silvia has really established quite a range when it comes to charity work, founding new charities, using her status for good causes - I admire her for that.
I hope coverage about her visit to Germany this weekend will be more extensive.
On a more superficial note: As unclear as the one pic from the Kuweit gala is, what about the gold jewelry, a long chain necklace it seems, that Queen Silvia is wearing - it seems to be new. Ideas, anybody?

Boris, I agree with you. I hope that will be more extensive on her visit in Germany this weekend!

The dress she wear in Kuwait, I think it is the dress she wear it Gala at castle Stockholm February 2005 and many times before, also not new!

Yes ursulajohanna, we die-heart fans know about the Queen's clothes & you are correct: It looks like the white dress (designed by English couturier Franka, by the way) which Queen Silvia has worn since the mid-eighties.
I am still wondering about that necklace she wore with it - 'old' dress but new jewels?
I also hope that press coverage will improve regarding the German visit & I guess it will. Germans still like to think of Queen Silvia as 'their own' in a way as she remains the only (half-)German among all present Queen consorts.

Pic 15.6.2007

Queen Silvia of Sweden smiles with a bouquet at the congress 'Intoxication as a risk and challenge' in Karlsruhe,
Germany, 15 June 2007. The Queen is presiding the organising Mentor foundation and demanded 'new ways' in
prevention and cooperation with juveniles. EPA/Ronald Wittek
----> Pic

Queen Silvia and former airline SAS Ceo Jan Carlzon during the annual meeting of the mentor organization at Grand Hotel in Stockholm, Sweden October 16, 2007. Queen Silvia is the founder and President of the Mentor foundation which mission is to Mission to prevent drug misuse and promote the health and well-being of young people.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Princess Christina was also there:
ANP Beeldbank
And also Princess Anni-Frid Reuss (Anni-Frid Lyngstad from Abba)
ANP Beeldbank

Thanks for the pictures, Lady Finn!

I'm not sure about her outfit, but the colour is great on her. I think it is from the same designer, who created her dress from nobel 2007.

Today was a yacht trip in St. Tropez. Picture by BegaPictures. Keyword -St Tropez mentor

Many more pictures on several pages at
http://www.brunopress.nl/fotoweb/ (type in ‘Queen Silvia’ under ‘Zoeken’):
Photos from the gala, the charity polo match, and also from various guests, among them Prince Carl Christian of Austria, Prince Alexander of Schaumburg-Lippe and wife, Princess Anni Frid Reuss etc.
Queen Silvia’s dress is indeed yet another Yuki (=Gnyuki Torimaru) creation, like her 06 and 07 Nobel gowns, among others.

Some more photos from the Mentor International Prevention Awards 2008
Mentor Foundation

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Silvia and the Mentor Foundation

Queen Silvia attends the Royal Gala Auction Premiere to benefit Mentor Foundation at Phillips de Pury & Company on November 19, 2008 in New York City
Getty Images

Back
Top Bottom