Queen Silvia and the Silvia Home & Foundation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ursulajohanna

Serene Highness
Will be make up the 10years-celebration of "Silviahemmet" from 14th February 2006 at next weeks?
The queen was at this time by his brother Jörg in Aachen and the event was canceled!

I hope we will see than a nice official picture from the celebration.

Who has hear a message from royalcourt?

At 26th/27th September 2006 the queen was attend by "Silviahemmet" conference at Öland.

Who can give my a link to website I can see article/pictures from the conference/press meeting?

A few quotes from the interview improvised "on the run":
- "Daniel is a man with a lot of warmth. Much warmth. Very big heart. Great sympathy for others."
- "I am very happy for the Crown Princess’s and Daniel’s sake."
How does it feel, now that the Crown Princess is engaged?
- "It feels wonderful."

Thank you very much for the pics - Queen Silvia looks great, relaxed and happy here indeed.
It might have something to do with also feeling very contented, as this was a very special hospital visit.

In Cologne, she opened the first facility in a hospital abroad which follows the dementia care concept developed in the ‘Silviahemmet / Silvia Homes’ founded by the Queen. In 1996, the Silvia Home Foundation was also set up, which supports the Cologne facility.
The Silvia Home has assembled specific patient care rules, offers training programs for nurses specializing in dementia care as well as support programs for the patients' relatives, and it participates in the research of the illness.

It’s planned to take the Silviahemmet concept, which appears to be taken very seriously by medical experts, well beyond Sweden; the Cologne ‘Silvia Station’ is the first attempt to execute it within an existing hospital’s facilities, focusing on dementia patients with other health issues which require their hospital stay.

Along with the World Childhood Foundation, the progress of dementia care is certainly part of Queen Silvia's lasting legacy, and today's event was a small milestone in the field, so I believe you can see her happiness about this in the pictures.

Apart from the IMHO very doubtful benefit of creating yet another sub-topic (the TRF are becoming more and more confused due to this habit, instead of giving preference to easy navigation), why is the Queen called 'patron'?
A patron is someone who accepts a patronage for an existing organization. In this case, Queen Silvia is the original founder and head of the organization.
Thanks a lot to everybody for the great links and pictures.

According to RTL Silvia arrived 17 minutes too late. She was very sorry and explained that her convoy first drove to the wrong hospital - the University hospital. ;)

Thank you very much for changing this topic's title for the better!
In Cologne, Silvia was accompanied by her niece Vivien Sommerlath, daughter of her late brother Jörg; aunt and niece appear to be close, and Vivien has frequently been present at events Silvia attends in germany.
Here she is with her mother Simone, Jörg Sommerlath's widow, on her way to the 'Silvia Station' opening on Saturday:

APA Picturedesk

I'm a new member but a long time Swedish royal watcher, and I've always been struck by how down to earth and kind the Queen Silvia seems to be :).

Please excuse my spelling, I have dislexiya

Yesterday the queen attend the meeting "Silviahemmet" in Queen Victoria Vilohem, Öland.
Unfortunately (the same like last year) without pics!

Last edited:
Just came across this today - Queen Silvia on September 3, welcoming 113 new trainees (the largest number ever) who start education to become 'Silvia Caretakers' specialized in dementia care, at the 'Silvia Home' she founded.
Link to homepage with pic:
Vilken härlig vecka! | Silviahemmet

On Monday queen Silvia attended at the Silviahemmet's (Silvia Home) Inspiration Day at Hotel Hilton in Stockholm.
http://distilleryimage4.s3.amazonaws.com/966bf7e8cee111e3a9080002c9d6e478_8.jpg

Scholarschips and prizes were delivered: Research and Educational Scholarship, Prize to the 2013 best dementia team in home care. A prize from Swedish Dementia Centre and Dementia Association. The newly established prize 'Queen Silvia Nursing Award "as well as Alzheimer's Fund's newly instituted awards to "Young Alzheimer's researcher" was awarded for the first time.
Program of the day
http://www.silviahemmet.se/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Inbjudan-Inspirationsdag-2014_web.pdf

Drottningen vid Silviahemmets Stora Inspirationsdag - Sveriges Kungahus

Photos
APA-PictureDesk

http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2014/04/JohannaLejon.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom