Pictures of Queen Silvia before her Marriage

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! There are so many similarities between Silvia and her daughters! It's harder to see how alike they are now that she's older and may have had some work done, but as a young woman, they're so alike!

What a Beauty!

Silvia is beautiful now. She was devestating back then. She was Rania-class drop dead gorgeous.

What was she doing for a living or with her life before her marriage?:)

gogm said:
What was she doing for a living or with her life before her marriage?:)
She was an interpreter and work at the embassy and was also a hostess at the Olympic games in 1972

And yes I agree with you, she was stunning back then! I wish she had kept her natural beauty....

Queen Silvia was such a beauty when she was young. And what a smile!

Yes, all pictures are wonderful. She was such a beauty! Maybe it's only me, but she (in her youth) has always remind me the main character of "Love Story";)

Queen Silvia truly was the greatest Royal beauty of them all in the past century, I'd say.
It's funny how timeless beauty can even overcome 1970's fashion desasters - just look at Post # 24! The 'psychedelic' print of the dress is sheer horror and she still manages to look great...
As for 'Love Story's Ali McGraw - there's a ressemblance there but I find Silvia Sommerlath to be much more beautiful.
Regarding the Queen's looks today, she seems to have given up on further facial 'enhancements' recently, and whatever she had done didn't change her face too drastically, IMO - age did as well, but for a woman age 62, she not only retains a beautiful face but a great figure too.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Yes, all pictures are wonderful. She was such a beauty! Maybe it's only me, but she (in her youth) has always remind me the main character of "Love Story";)

Yes, I just read this thread for the first time, and it struck me as soon as I looked at the first picture--Ali MacGraw, both in style (they're probably about the same age) and in features. I read through the thread to see if anyone else noticed, and you did!

Hello! I'm new to this thread! Nice to see those pictures!

Hello,I am new here.

I like Queen Silvia so elegant and a natural beauty when she was young.

dont you think queen Silvia looked a bit like the holly wood movie star hedy lamar

ooh

Seems to me, there is a new pciture every three years of Siliva.

Interesting ....

She looks great...

it´s an honor to be from the almost same city :)

I love that one of Silvia fishing! Does anyone know where that was taken?

About the fishing photo: King Carl Gustaf and Urho Kekkonen, the president of Finland, were very good friends. The King has told that he got a lot of good advices from the president, who was 46 years older than him. And both Kekkonen and the King liked fishing. I remember that Silvia was with them at one fishing trip, maybe it´s this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fishing photo is from Blekinge in southern Sweden, from Mörrumsån famous because of the salmons.... and I remember a photo of Silvia holding a salmon (and laughing v much) and that photo is taken at the samt time as this, so maybe she got one... :flowers: Soli Deo Gloria!

so when did the two get married? how did thewy meet?

The kind and queen married 19th June 1976.

They meet at first time 26th August 1972 (Opening the Games) by Olympic Games in Munich/Germany.

quote=cd_1;706856]so when did the two get married? how did thewy meet?[/quote]

She's very charming... Her face and her style somehow remind me of Princess Lilian of Belgium(Princess de Réthy)... But Silvia looks more amiable and brighter. Her smiles are really sweet, which could melt anyone... :)

Before their marriage, she reminded me of Ali McGraw (Love Story, anyone?).

Having had the opportunity to speak with some Swedish nobles close to the royal family they confessed that one of Silvias advantages was that everybody felt that the king had to settle down and him being rather common when it comes to enjoying life needed a strong and dedicated wife..So the old aristocracy was supportive of Silvia who they saw as perfect to H.M Carl Gustav despite lacking a noble family background.

:) So happy about these wonderful photos. Thank you.

great photos

at times victoria look so a like her mother

she was so beautoful and now she hasn't loseb her style and her beauty.
she is my favourite Queen.

I am so surprised that Queen Silvia is so beautiful in her previous life. She is a very charming person and she has a special charm in her beauty. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom