King Carl XVI Gustaf's Jubilee Year: 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kingen

Serene Highness
City
Kristianstad
Country
Sweden
Today the Royal Court announced some of the plans celebrating the His Majesty's 40th Jubilee in 2013.

The King and Queen will make one-day visits to all (21) counties in Sweden during 2013.

More information and activities about the Jubilee Year will be announced in the beginning of 2013.

Press release from Royal Court:
Jubileumsår 2013 - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Today the Royal Court announced the plans for the one-day visits to all (21) counties in Sweden.

The planning for the visits have just started in cooperation with the County Governors.

The visits in 2013:
Tuesday, March 5th - Kalmar County
Wednesday, March 6th - Kronoberg County
Thursday, March 7th - Jönköping County

Thursday, April 4th - Halland County
Friday, April 5th - Scania (Skåne) County
Saturday, April 6th - Blekinge County

Friday, May 3rd - Uppsala County
Saturday, May 4th - Stockholm County

Wednesday, August 14th - Västernorrland County
Thursday, August 15th - Västerbotten County
Friday, August 16th - Norrbotten County

Tuesday, August 20th - Örebro County
Wednesday, August 21st - Västra Götaland County
Thursday, August 22nd - Värmland County

Thursday, August 29th - Gävleborg County
Friday, August 30th - Västmanland County

Tuesday, September 3rd - Östergötland County
Wednesday, September 4th - Södermanland County

Saturday, September 7th - Gotland County

Tuesday, September 10th - Dalarna County
Wednesday, September 11th - Jämtland County

I guess Scandivanians keep the celebrations low-key.
Otherwise I wish the King and Queen visited atleast nearby countries like Denmark as part of the celebrations.
And arent the Crown Princessly couple taking any tours? I guess people will like them more..

I just love it that when he became King, Daniel was born ;D

vkrish, have you seen the ruby anniversary celebrations of QMargarethe of Denmark? With several gala dinners and concerts, they were certainly not low-key.
Also surely more plans will be revealed soon enough.

vkrish, have you seen the ruby anniversary celebrations of QMargarethe of Denmark? With several gala dinners and concerts, they were certainly not low-key.
Also surely more plans will be revealed soon enough.

Low Key compared to the British Royal family perhaps that's what vkrish meant?

well but QEII celebration was a Diamond one, and Margrethe was a ruby, total diferent in a context of celebration magnitude.
as for a ruby, Denmark sure was very festive, glamorous and with a great scale.
i hope to see the Swedish celebration like Margrethe had hers.

well but QEII celebration was a Diamond one, and Margrethe was a ruby, total diferent in a context of celebration magnitude.
as for a ruby, Denmark sure was very festive, glamorous and with a great scale.
i hope to see the Swedish celebration like Margrethe had hers.

The original post mentioned neither just that the Scandivanians keep the celebrations low-key.Each monarchy has a different way of celebrating jubilee's but the British do them on a bigger scale than most others!

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the King has planned for 2013.

The original post mentioned neither just that the Scandivanians keep the celebrations low-key.Each monarchy has a different way of celebrating jubilee's but the British do them on a bigger scale than most others!

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the King has planned for 2013.
Yes we do things on a bigger scale but the Danish jubilee was much more glittering although foreign royal attendance was minimal.

Press release from the royal court:

New form of official dinner introduced
2013 is the 40th anniversary of the King ascended the throne and became Sweden's head of state. Due to this of a new form of the yearly official dinners will be introduced. The first dinner will be on Friday 1 February 2013.
Ny form av representationsmiddag införs - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

Last edited:
Press release from the royal court:

New form of official dinner introduced
2013 is the 40th anniversary of the King ascended the throne and became Sweden's head of state. Due to this of a new form of the yearly official dinners will be introduced. The first dinner will be on Friday 1 February 2013.
Ny form av representationsmiddag införs - Sveriges Kungahus
Translation

As the court informed in a press release last year, the first official dinner, now with a new name "Sverigemiddag" is on 1st February.
At the moment the king, the queen and the crown princess couple are attending.
H.K.H. Kronprinsessan Victoria - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

Yes we do things on a bigger scale but the Danish jubilee was much more glittering although foreign royal attendance was minimal.

Yeah, I think the British royals has lost their glittering days. The foreign royals make sure they get down with the glittering events.

Yeah, I think the British royals has lost their glittering days. The foreign royals make sure they get down with the glittering events.

Glittering is the least important thing for Royals, Dman..The success of an event is judged by the involvement of public in those events..Not endless live programs showing men and women walking down aisles sporting their sashes, fake medals, tiaras..Except for some fashionistas, no one will identify with those people, let alone appreciating them and celebrating those events.

Glittering is the least important thing for Royals, Dman..The success of an event is judged by the involvement of public in those events..Not endless live programs showing men and women walking down aisles sporting their sashes, fake medals, tiaras..Except for some fashionistas, no one will identify with those people, let alone appreciating them and celebrating those events.

Everyone is allowed a party to celebrate such an amazing event. It was quite dissappointing that for The Queen's Diamond Jubilee we only got a luncheon with foreign heads of state and no dinner. "Glittering" might not be important, but it's certainly fascinating to watch. The Scandanavian royals celebrate in style, as they should.

You yourself mentioned that scandanavian royals do things "low key", isn't visiting 21 counties of Sweden enough for the people to see and appreciate them? :lol:

There are very little "fake medals" going around, i'll tell you that.

Has there been any official announcement for festivities surrounding the actual date of the jubilee?? I'd love to be in Stockholm for the celebrations - there's sure to be a festive mood and fun stuff going on!!!

Has there been any official announcement for festivities surrounding the actual date of the jubilee?? I'd love to be in Stockholm for the celebrations - there's sure to be a festive mood and fun stuff going on!!!

Same! Please inform when someone knows!

Seven guests from Gotland have been invited to when King Carl XVI Gustaf will have a "Sweden Dinner" at the Royal Palace on the occasion of his forty years on the throne.
The guest list of 200 people is composed of selected county representatives and all governors. Governor Cecilia Schelin Seidegård has suggested the names to the Royal Court and based on these, the guests from Gotland have been selected.
- The guests are supposed to represent the whole island of Gotland, that was the main starting point of my suggestions, and they do that really, says Seidegård, who looks forward to Sweden Dinner on the 1st February.
Sju gotlänningar får middag på Stockholms slott - Gotlandsnytt

Seven guests from Gotland have been invited to when King Carl XVI Gustaf will have a "Sweden Dinner" at the Royal Palace on the occasion of his forty years on the throne.
The guest list of 200 people is composed of selected county representatives and all governors. Governor Cecilia Schelin Seidegård has suggested the names to the Royal Court and based on these, the guests from Gotland have been selected.
- The guests are supposed to represent the whole island of Gotland, that was the main starting point of my suggestions, and they do that really, says Seidegård, who looks forward to Sweden Dinner on the 1st February.
Sju gotlänningar får middag på Stockholms slott - Gotlandsnytt

Those lucky guests! I wonder when the "Sweden Dinner" at the Royal Palace will take place?

Those lucky guests! I wonder when the "Sweden Dinner" at the Royal Palace will take place?

Like I wrote at my post, the dinner will be held at the Royal Palace on 1st February, the court hasn't told the exact time yet. The king, queen, Victoria, Daniel and Carl Philip are attending.

Last edited:
Like I wrote at my post, the dinner will be held at the Royal Palace on 1st February, the court hasn't told the exact time yet. The king, queen, Victoria, Daniel and Carl Philip are attending.

Sorry just saw that now,thanks :flowers:

Thanks LadyFinn for the information about the guest list. If 200 persons are invited to the dinner, it can't be held in Karl XI:s Galleri, which is tje usually dinner room. Maybe it will be held in the White Sea Room.

Will there be any Live Coverage of the arrivals?

Strange that Prince Carl Philip was down to attend but didn't.

Maybe he had to do something or go somewhere at the last minute. Or he could be ill.

Back
Top Bottom