The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-01-2020, 12:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf had today a video meeting with Fredrik Persson, the chairman of Svenskt Näringsliv (The Confederation of Swedish Enterprise).

Old 04-02-2020, 10:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Today the king had a video meeting with Ibrahim Baylan, the Minister for Business, Industry and Innovation. TT's photographer was invited to the Palace to take some photos of the meetings.

The court about yesterday's and today's meetings:
On Wednesday, April 1 and Thursday, April 2, the King held digital meetings with the chairman of The Confederation of Swedish Enterprise Fredrik Persson and Minister Ibrahim Baylan.
During the digital meetings, the King was informed about the effects of the corona pandemic on the Swedish business community, and what challenges they face.
Ibrahim Baylan, the Minister for Business, Industry and Innovation, outlined at the meeting the government's measures to support the business sector, including in the form of short-term permits.
The Confederation of Swedish Enterprise's Chairman Fredrik Persson emphasized in particular how quickly companies have been affected in terms of sales and order intake, among other things.
Kungen höll digitala sammanträden om coronavirusets effekter på näringslivet - Sveriges Kungahus

Court Facebook
With Stefan Persson
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...41&oe=5EAB18B3

Gallery, also The Marshal of the Realm Fredrik Wersäll and First Marshal of the Court Mats Nilsson attended at the meeting.
Belga Image

With Ibrahim Baylan
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...c9&oe=5EAB4D60

Gallery
Belga Image

Old 04-03-2020, 08:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Press release from the court

H.M. The King speaks in Sweden's Television
On Sunday, April 5, H.M. The King speaks in Sweden's Television.
On the occasion of the covid-19 pandemic, Sweden's Television broadcasts "The King's greeting to Sweden" on Sunday, April 5 at. 19.20 in SVT1.
The speech comes from Stenhammar Castle in Södermanland, where the King and Queen have been for some time.
H.M. Konungen talar i Sveriges Television - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 04-05-2020, 01:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf's speech at the website of the Royal Court:

The week leading up to Easter is commonly called Holy Week.
Today, Palm Sunday, marks the beginning of this solemn week. And in many places the mood is more solemn than ever.
COVID-19 has Sweden and the world in its grip. Streets and squares are empty and quiet.
The pandemic has dealt a major blow to our businesses, workers and the Swedish economy – to Swedish society as a whole.
At the same time, in other parts of our society, the week ahead will be all but quiet.
Civic mobilisation is taking place. I am thinking in particular of the health care sector. There, employees and volunteers are now working – together – to save as many lives as they can.
This is a huge task. It requires courage. And it will require endurance. To all of you involved in this vital work, I offer my heartfelt thanks.
Let us turn our thoughts to everyone who is working to ensure that the rest of Sweden continues to function – despite the constraints of the situation and despite the risks to their own health.
And to those of You making sure that older people receive the care they need, that we can buy food, that public transport continues to operate, and everything else we so easily take for granted – my warmest thanks to You all.
As I mentioned, Holy Week leads us to Easter. For me, and for many people in our country, this is an important celebration and one we look forward to.
It is a time when we are keen to travel and perhaps spend time with family and friends. Many go to church.
But, this Easter, some of this will not be possible. We have to accept this. We have to rethink, prepare ourselves for staying home.
We might feel sad about this. But there will be more Easter holidays. After all, for most us, this will require relatively minor sacrifices – especially if we compare this to falling seriously ill or losing a friend or member of our family.
Today, I am thinking especially of all the children in our country who are now at risk of losing grandparents. Of missing out on the security and wisdom they can offer.
For their sake, we must act responsibly and selflessly. Everyone in our country has this obligation. Each and every one of us.
There is still a great deal of uncertainty. But one thing is certain: we will remember these times and look back on them.
Did I think about other people? Or did I put myself first? We will have to live with the choices we make today, for a long time to come. They will impact many.
Easter will soon be here. And whether or not we celebrate it, I believe that we can embrace its message:
The journey is long and arduous. But in the end, light triumphs over darkness, and we will be able to feel hope again.
In a few weeks’ time, I will be 74. That’s quite an age. But this also means that I have experienced many of the crises that our country has endured.
I have seen how crises help us to re-evaluate, to distinguish between important and unimportant. How fear turns into an understanding of the seriousness of the problem and how it can be solved.
And one thing I have learned is this: however deep or protracted a crisis becomes, it will ultimately come to an end.
And when this one does, we will all benefit from the consideration and strength that the Swedish people are now demonstrating.
This strength will be an asset to our country – in the future that we are longing for.
It remains for me now to wish You and everyone in Sweden an enjoyable Easter – in spite of everything.
And though it might be hard, remember: You are not alone.
HM The King's Address to Sweden, 5 april 2020 - Sveriges Kungahus
H.M. Konungens hälsning till Sverige, söndagen den 5 april 2020 - Sveriges Kungahus

Photos from the speech from Stenhammar Castle by Sven-Åke Visén/SVT, the king with his new glasses
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/200...-Visen-SVT.JPG
https://www.kungahuset.se/images/200...-Visen-SVT.JPG

Old 04-05-2020, 09:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

A nice speech, especially the way in which he gave credit to the contributions of private citizens across the country.

The address to the nation was delivered much later than those of most of the king's fellow European monarchs, and I wonder if that is due to the lower amount of government intervention in Sweden in response to the pandemic and/or the uniquely Swedish requirement that the King maintain his distance from the government.

Interesting that Easter and Holy Week are given a great deal of meaning in his speech, though most Swedes are not regular churchgoers.

Quote:
In a few weeks’ time, I will be 74. That’s quite an age. But this also means that I have experienced many of the crises that our country has endured.
I have seen how crises help us to re-evaluate, to distinguish between important and unimportant. How fear turns into an understanding of the seriousness of the problem and how it can be solved.
And one thing I have learned is this: however deep or protracted a crisis becomes, it will ultimately come to an end.
And when this one does, we will all benefit from the consideration and strength that the Swedish people are now demonstrating.
I would be interested to know which crises from the past 74 years were in the King's thoughts.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post

I would be interested to know which crises from the past 74 years were in the King's thoughts.
The economic ones, perhaps? Assassination of Palme? I probably shouldn't presume to guess.

I haven't listened, but on paper it was a nice address from CG as well.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
A nice speech, especially the way in which he gave credit to the contributions of private citizens across the country.

The address to the nation was delivered much later than those of most of the king's fellow European monarchs, and I wonder if that is due to the lower amount of government intervention in Sweden in response to the pandemic and/or the uniquely Swedish requirement that the King maintain his distance from the government.
The king gave a statement in Sweden's Television already on 18th March in connection with the extra Council of State.
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ml#post2301889
About the crisis, I think the king thought at least M / S Estonia's sinking (551 Swedes were killed), the Tsunami (543 Swedes were killed) and The Stockholm Terror Attack in 2017, the assassinations of prime minister Olof Palme and the Minister for Foreign Affairs Anna Lindh and the economic crisis in the 1990s.

The king appeals to the Swedish people to stay at home.
In his greeting to the people he talked about - and to the children.
- For their sake we must act responsibly and unselfishly. We all have that obligation in our country, each of us, said Carl XVI Gustaf and wished everyone a nice Easter weekend - after all.
Kungens ord till svenska folket_ Du är inte ensam _ Aftonbladet

Covid-19 has Sweden and the world in its grip and now we must act responsibly and selflessly. It is an obligation we all have to our country. That's what Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf says in a television greeting to the Swedish people.
Kung Carl XVI Gustaf_ Vi måste ställa in oss på att stanna hemma _ SVT Nyheter

King Carl Gustaf tells Sweden every crisis comes to an end - Radio Sweden _ Sveriges Radio

During the evening, the King spoke on the telephone with the prime minister to get the latest information on the government's work on the covid 19 pandemic.
According to the form of government, the prime minister is responsible for keeping the head of state informed of the affairs of the state. Due to the extraordinary situation that Sweden is in right now, the King and the Prime Minister have closer contacts than normal.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-ph5F-gLK3/

Margareta Thorgren said to Svensk Damtidning about the king's and prime minister's phone meeting:

- During the evening, the king spoke on the telephone with the prime minister to get the latest information about the government's work on the covid 19 pandemic.
What caused this meeting?
- It is the government's duty to inform the Head of State of important events.
Was it the king who invited the prime minister? Or was it the opposite?
- It was a joint initiative.
Margareta Thorgren also says that during the days leading up to Easter, the king will have a series of digital meetings, and the same applies to the Crown Princess couple.
JUST NU_ Kungen i krissamtal med Stefan Löfven _ Svensk Dam
Old 04-27-2020, 08:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

On Monday, April 27, the King held a video audience for Mikael Tofvesson from The Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (MSB).
During the digital representation, the King received information about the activities carried out at the MSB's unit for protection against informational influence.
Mikael Tofvesson, head of the unit, told especially how the authority is working to identify different types of information impact during the covid-19 pandemic.
Mikael Tofvesson emphasized the importance of citizens being always source-critical in connection with information retrieval online.
In conclusion, Mikael Tofvesson gave a description of the situation with regard to the influence of information directed towards Sweden and disinformation from foreign power.
Kungen gav företräde gällande informationspåverkan - Sveriges Kungahus

Photo at court Facebook
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...1f&oe=5ECE3538
Old 05-05-2020, 03:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

On Tuesday, May 5, the King gave a digital audience to Andreas Norlén, the Speaker of the Riksdag.
The Speaker presented the Parliament's work on the occasion of the covid-19 pandemic.
Kungen och talmannen i videomöte - Sveriges Kungahus

Photo at court Facebook
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...2a&oe=5ED890EB
Old 05-08-2020, 09:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

On Friday, May 8, the King gave a digital audience to Eva Nordmark, the Minister for Employment.
The Minister began by presenting the latest unemployment statistics, the development regarding notice and how many who have registered as job seekers at the Employment Service.
The unemployment continues to rise.
The minister concluded by presenting the measures the government has taken in the labor market area to mitigate the consequences.
Kungen gav företräde för statsrådet Eva Nordmark - Sveriges Kungahus

Photo at court Facebook by Jonas Ekströmer/TT
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e3&oe=5ED9F539
Old 05-11-2020, 10:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

On Monday, May 11, the King held a video meeting with Prime Minister Stefan Löfven to get the latest information about the government's work on the covid 19 pandemic.
According to the form of government, the prime minister is responsible for keeping the head of state informed of the affairs of the state. Due to the extraordinary situation that Sweden is in right now, the King and the Prime Minister have closer contacts than normally.
Kungen i videomöte med*statsministern - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 05-13-2020, 11:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yesterday evening king Carl Gustaf took digitally part in the spring meeting of The Swedish Gastronomic Academy.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf had a video meeting with Director General Dan Eliasson and operational manager Anneli Bergholm Söder fron The Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (MSB).
The King received information about the Swedish emergency preparedness during the ongoing pandemic and what measures have been taken so far by the authority. Furthermore, the King was informed of the communication efforts MSB is carrying out in order for the public to continue to follow the authorities' recommendations.
Kungen höll digitalt möte med MSB_s generaldirektör - Sveriges Kungahus

Photos at court Facebook
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...1d&oe=5EEB27C7
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...62&oe=5EE8CE42
Old 05-27-2020, 02:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

King Carl Gustaf had today a video meeting held before the WWF's annual meeting.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

On Thursday, May 28, the King gave digital audience to Johan Carlson, Director-General of the Public Health Agency.
At the meeting, the King received an update on the work of the Public Health Agency in connection with the covid-19 pandemic and on the latest developments in the spread of infection in the country. Director-General Johan Carlson also presented the Swedish strategy in comparison with other countries.
Kungen gav digitalt företräde för Folkhälsomyndighetens generaldirektör - Sveriges Kungahus

Photos at court Facebook
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...5b&oe=5EF54633
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...46&oe=5EF696C0

Victoria and Daniel had a video meeting with Johan Carlson on 29th April.
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ml#post2311010
Old 06-15-2020, 07:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

The King attended the Council of State, which was today held at Lovisa Ulrika's Dining Hall, not at the Cabinet Room, in order to keep the distance between the participants.
https://www.kungahuset.se/kungafamil...84ac12fd2.html

Photos at court Facebook by Jonas Ekströmer/TT
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e9&oe=5F0D6E23
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ab&oe=5F0C7AD4
Old 06-16-2020, 10:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

On Tuesday, June 16, the King granted a digital audience to the Federation of Swedish Farmers' (LRF) president Palle Borgström and the CEO Anna-Karin Hatt.
The King received information about how LRF's members have been affected by the covid-19 pandemic and how they have been adjusted to secure operations in agriculture and forestry, the horticultural industry and Swedish food production.
President Palle Borgström and Anna-Karin Hatt, CEO, reported on the problems that have arisen in the industry following the outbreak of the pandemic, including: labor shortages, shutdowns due to closed schools and preschools, barriers to trade due to closed borders and labor shortages disease.
The king was also informed about the situation in the forest industry and that the risks of bark beetle attacks are expected to increase as the forest industry also has a labor shortage.
Kungen gav digitalt företräde för Lantbrukarnas riksförbund - Sveriges Kungahus

Court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBf9RtuDnGA/
Old 06-16-2020, 11:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
On Tuesday, June 16, the King granted a digital audience to the Federation of Swedish Farmers' (LRF) president Palle Borgström and the CEO Anna-Karin Hatt.
The King received information about how LRF's members have been affected by the covid-19 pandemic and how they have been adjusted to secure operations in agriculture and forestry, the horticultural industry and Swedish food production.
President Palle Borgström and Anna-Karin Hatt, CEO, reported on the problems that have arisen in the industry following the outbreak of the pandemic, including: labor shortages, shutdowns due to closed schools and preschools, barriers to trade due to closed borders and labor shortages disease.
The king was also informed about the situation in the forest industry and that the risks of bark beetle attacks are expected to increase as the forest industry also has a labor shortage.
Kungen gav digitalt företräde för Lantbrukarnas riksförbund - Sveriges Kungahus

Court Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBf9RtuDnGA/
Based on the background of the photo, I think the King and Queen are back at Drottningholm.
Old 06-25-2020, 10:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

On Thursday, June 25, the King had a digital meeting with Johan Carlson, Director-General of the Public Health Agency.
At the meeting, the King was informed about the continued work of the Public Health Agency regarding the development of the covid-19 pandemic in Sweden.
Kungen i digitalt möte med Folkhälso_myndighetens generaldirektör - Sveriges Kungahus

The royal family is regularly informed about the work of the Public Health Agency. The king had a meeting with Johan Carlson on 28th May and Victoria and Daniel on 29th April.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

On Wednesday, September 9, the King gave an audience to Governor Maria Arnholm of Kronoberg County in Princess Sibylla's apartment at the Royal Palace.
Maria Arnholm has been the Governor of Kronoberg County since 1 February 2020.
Kungen gav företräde för landshövding Maria Arnholm - Sveriges Kungahus

Photo at court Facebook by Victor Ericsson/The Royal Court
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...86&oe=5F7D8764