King Carl XVI Gustaf, Current Events Part 1: July 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
King Carl Gustaf attended today the WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) Council meeting and excursion.
He said at his speech in Häringe Castle among other things:
It has been a great privilege to follow WWF's work for more than half a century.
From the time I joined as an honorary member of the then board in 1971, and thereafter as honorary chairman and later chairman of the Council.
Then, in the early 1970s, the environmental issue was a relatively new element in the debate. Today, it permeates almost every part of the public discourse. (...)
It has been both instructive and fun to lead the Council. And I have especially appreciated participating in the exciting excursions that have been organized, as well as all our council meetings and other activities and gatherings.
For all this, I would like to express my warm thanks to the Council.
Now it's time for me to pass on the baton to new forces. But I look forward to continuing to follow the WWF in the future as well.
H.M. Konungens anföranden i samband med WWF_s rådsmöte och exkursion _ Kungahuset

Victoria is a member of the Council.

Court website
On June 15, the King participated in the World Wide Fund for Nature WWF's annual meeting which was held at Häringe Castle, with a subsequent excursion in Hansviken.
The meeting ended with the King being thanked as WWF's chairman of the Council. The King got, among other things, a pair of boots as a gift from WWF.
Kungen vid WWFs årsmöte i Häringe och Hansviken _ Kungahuset

Last edited:
King Carl Gustaf attended today the WWF (World Wide Fund for Nature) Council meeting and excursion.
He said at his speech in Häringe Castle among other things:
It has been a great privilege to follow WWF's work for more than half a century.
From the time I joined as an honorary member of the then board in 1971, and thereafter as honorary chairman and later chairman of the Council.
Then, in the early 1970s, the environmental issue was a relatively new element in the debate. Today, it permeates almost every part of the public discourse. (...)
It has been both instructive and fun to lead the Council. And I have especially appreciated participating in the exciting excursions that have been organized, as well as all our council meetings and other activities and gatherings.
For all this, I would like to express my warm thanks to the Council.
Now it's time for me to pass on the baton to new forces. But I look forward to continuing to follow the WWF in the future as well.
H.M. Konungens anföranden i samband med WWF_s rådsmöte och exkursion _ Kungahuset

Victoria is a member of the Council.

Court website
On June 15, the King participated in the World Wide Fund for Nature WWF's annual meeting which was held at Häringe Castle, with a subsequent excursion in Hansviken.
The meeting ended with the King being thanked as WWF's chairman of the Council. The King got, among other things, a pair of boots as a gift from WWF.
Kungen vid WWFs årsmöte i Häringe och Hansviken _ Kungahuset

Is the King stepping down as council chairman?

Is the King stepping down as council chairman?

Yes, he stepped down yesterday. Today the website has been updated and the King's name has been taken away also from the individually elected council members, Victoria continues as an individually elected council member.
Maria Norrfalk, the vice chairman of the Council, is now also the the interim chairman.
The Council has maximum of 50 members. Half of the council members are representatives of organizations, institutions and authorities, and are appointed by them themselves. The remaining part is proposed by a special election committee.
Styrelse & förtroenderåd - Världsnaturfonden WWF

Yes, he stepped down yesterday. Today the website has been updated and the King's name has been taken away also from the individually elected council members, Victoria continues as an individually elected council member.
Maria Norrfalk, the vice chairman of the Council, is now also the the interim chairman.
The Council has maximum of 50 members. Half of the council members are representatives of organizations, institutions and authorities, and are appointed by them themselves. The remaining part is proposed by a special election committee.
Styrelse & förtroenderåd - Världsnaturfonden WWF

Thanks! Do you know how the chairperson is appointed? Is the Crown Princess likely to replace her father (I hope)?

King Carl Gustaf attended today Svenskt Grand National. The races were held in the nature reserve Österängarna near Strömsholm Palace.
The Royal House has a close connection to the sport of galloping and a long history in the sport. Crown Prince Gustaf Adolf was a prominent racer over obstacles and belonged to the elite among amateur riders around 1930.

Photos by SPA
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Photos of the King's car in front of Strömsholm Palace.

Court website
Kungen vid Svenskt Grand National _ Kungahuset

Last edited:
King Carl Gustaf arrived to Umeå with Director of the Information Department Margareta Thorgen and Marshal of the Court Göran Lithell.
Kungen har landat i*Umeå – staden firar 400 år - P4 Västerbotten _ Sveriges Radio

The King visited Umeå Institute of Design
https://vkmedia.imgix.net/7puhO7B4n...,compress&fm=pjpg&w=1280&rect=0,163,2560,1441

King Carl Gustaf said to SVT News:
- I have been here many times before in different contexts, of course. When the city turns 400 years, it's quite powerful indeed.
Kungen om Umeås 400-årsfirande_ ”Ganska mäktigt” _ SVT Nyheter

Court website
After lunch at the host of the visit, governor Helene Hellmark Knutsson's residence, the King visited Umeå University. He met students at the Umeå Institute of Design who showed the exhibition Speculative Mobility and various design concepts in the form of products, services and systems. The King visited the Science Center Curiosum, which was inaugurated in 2020 with the aim of increasing interest in science and technology among children, young people and the general public. The King saw the exhibition To humanity's greatest benefit, produced by the Nobel Museum.
In the evening, the King attended a jubilee concert with the Norrland Opera on Rådhustorget in Umeå.
Kungen firade Umeås 400-årsjubileum _ Kungahuset

Video of king Carl Gustaf at Svenskt Grand National on Sunday 18th June.

Last edited:
King Carl Gustaf met prime minister Magdalena Andersson today at the Royal Palace. The King was informed, among other things, about the process around Sweden's NATO membership.
Kungen gav företräde för statsministern _ Kungahuset

Joining NATO after more than 200 years of official Swedish neutrality qualifies as a "foreign policy matter of major significance" in my opinion. Would it meet the criteria then, under Chapter 10, Article 11 of the Instrument of Government, to convene a meeting of the Advisory Council on Foreign Affairs? Meetings of the Council, when held, are presided by the King.

Joining NATO after more than 200 years of official Swedish neutrality qualifies as a "foreign policy matter of major significance" in my opinion. Would it meet the criteria then, under Chapter 10, Article 11 of the Instrument of Government, to convene a meeting of the Advisory Council on Foreign Affairs? Meetings of the Council, when held, are presided by the King.

The Government has to keep the Advisory Council on Foreign Affairs informed of foreign policy matters that can have an impact on Sweden and shall hold deliberations with the Council when necessary.
The Government convenes the meetings of the Advisory Council on Foreign Affairs. The Government must convene a meeting if at least four of the Council's members request discussions on a specific matter.
The Advisory Council on Foreign Affairs - Riksdagen

The meeting of the Advisory Council on Foreign Affairs was held on 16th May. Finland and Sweden simultaneously handed in their official letters of application to join NATO on 18th May.

Last edited:
Today, September 12, King Carl Gustaf had a meeting with the Speaker of the Parliament in connection with the parliamentary elections on Sunday:

** Pic ** instagram post **

Last edited:
King Carl Gustaf met today The Speaker of the Riksdag, Andreas Norlén.
The Speaker informed that, following the Prime Minister's request for dismissal, he has started the process to produce a proposal for a new Prime Minister.
Kungen tog emot riksdagens talman _ Kungahuset

King Carl Gustaf gave today formal audiences to new ambassadors
Ambassador Kristina Miskowiak Beckvard from Denmark
Ambassador Toomas Lukk from Estonia
Ambassador Liliana Gutan from Moldova
Kungen gav högtidliga audienser _ Kungahuset

Later today the King attended the meeting of the Advisory Council on Foreign Affairs. Usually Victoria attends at this meeting too, but today she was in Kalmar and Öland.
Utrikesnämnd på Kungl.*Slottet _ Kungahuset

Last edited:
King Carl Gustaf handed over a new flag to Skaraborg Regiment P4 in Skövde today.
ANP Foto

Lieutenant general Jan Salestrand, the Chief of H.M.The King's Military Staff, accompanied the King also today.
Photos from Facebook of Skaraborg Regiment.
Pic 1 ** Pic 2

Court website
After the ceremony, the King visited the Armor Day on the regimental grounds. Finally, the king signed his name on a memorial stone at the regiment.
Kungen överlämnade ny fana till*P 4 _ Kungahuset

The King's speech
H.M. Konungens tal vid fanöverlämning vid Skaraborgs regemente _ Kungahuset

Last edited:
The King was welcomed to Muskö by rear admiral Ewa Skoog Haslum, the Chief of Navy. She was Victoria's aide-de-camp 2010-2017.
The purpose of the King's visit was to learn about the Navy's activities, the development of Muskö and the establishment of the Naval Staff on the island. Victoria visited Muskö on 13th September as part of her training at the Armed Forces this year.
At his visit the King saw also the royal barge Vasaorden, which is currently being renovated at Muskö.
Photos from Facebook of the Swedish Navy.

Last edited:
King Carl Gustaf attended yesterday Steering group meeting of the Stenhammar Estate Management.

Yesterday evening the king attended the Assembly Evening.
The Royal Court Parish is a parish within the Church of Sweden, and is made up of the Royal Family, those who work or have worked at the Royal Court or the Royal Staff, and their families. The parish church for the members is the Royal Chapel.
An assembly evening is held twice a year in the Bernadotte Library, which is regularly attended by The King and Queen (now the queen was in Jordan) who host the evening. A talk on a topical subject is always given on these occasions, and Court Organist Mary Ljungquist Hén arranges the music.

Today King Carl Gustaf received four new ambassadors in formal audiences at the Royal Palace.
The foreign envoys that the King received in the audiences were:
Ambassador Sekhulumi Ntsoaole of the Kingdom of Lesotho
Ambassador Moussa Dourfaye of the Republic of Niger
Ambassador Leopoldo Guardigli of the Republic of San Marino
Ambassador Mihael Zupančič from the Republic of Slovenia
Kungen gav högtidliga audienser _ Kungahuset

The King at the Assembly evening of the Royal Parish at Bernadotte Library on Wednesday 26 October. Photo from Instagram of the Royal Parish.
Pic

King Carl Gustaf spoke today at a symposium at the Royal Palaces arranged by the Gastronomic Academy on the occasion of the project Stockholm - Europe's gastronomic capital in 2023.
The Minister for Culture Parisa Liljestrand attended the symposium.
Kungen talade vid symposium med Gastronomiska akademien _ Kungahuset

The King's speech
H.M. Konungens välkomstord vid Gastronomiska Akademiens presentation av ”Stockholm – Europas gastronomiska huvudstad 2023” _ Kungahuset
Translation

The King gave a farewell audience to Ambassador Martina Balunová from Slovakia.
Avskeds_audiens för Slovakiens ambassadör _ Kungahuset

This evening the King attends the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences' formal gathering at Stockholm City Hall.
Profimedia gallery
TT Nyhetsbyrån gallery

The King, the patron of the the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences, delivered the Acacemy's gold medals at the gathering.
Kungen vid Kungl. Ingenjörsvetenskapsakademiens högtidssammankomst _ Kungahuset

Last edited:
Today, November 21, King Carl Gustaf presented the King Carl XVI Gustaf's Prize of the Year. "The purpose of the award is to pay tribute to and raise the visibility of entrepreneurs with a foreign background":

** rex gallery ** anp gallery ** profimedia gallery **

The royal court about the delivery of The New Entrepreneur of the Year Awards at the Bernadotte Library.
The King awarded the 2022 New Entrepreneur of the Year award in the following categories: New Start of the Year, Pioneer of the Year and Young Pioneer of the Year.
The awards are delivered every year to entrepreneurs with a foreign background who have achieved success in their business.
Kungen delade ut pris till Årets nybyggare _ Kungahuset

The King's speech
H.M. Konungens tal vid Årets nybyggare _ Kungahuset

Later today the King met at the Royal Palace prime minister Ulf Kristersson. This meeting was the first individual meeting between the head of state and the new head of government.
Kungen gav företräde för statsministern _ Kungahuset

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom