General News about King Carl Gustaf & Queen Silvia 1: February 2016 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Margareta Thorgren confirmed yesterday to Svensk Damtidning that Queen Silvia will remain in the US for a few more days after Monday's events with the World Childhood Foundation. She flies home in the end of the week, which means she'll be able to enjoy a few days with Madeleine.
- The Queen has a private stay, which the court therefore doesn't comment on, Margareta Thorgren says.
Thorgren tells to Svensk Damtidning that the King is not with the Queen at this trip.
Hovet bekräftar_ Silvia blir kvar i USA med Madeleine _*Svensk Dam

Queen Silvia's childhood home in Düsseldorf for sale

The house has a historic past. Queen Silvia of Sweden lived in this special house with her family from 1958 to 1968.
Einfamilienhaus in Stockum _ Jugendwohnsitz der Königin Silvia von Schweden

Drottning Silvias barndomshem i Düsseldorf till salu - DN.se
Silvias sorg_ Barndomshemmet till salu _*Svensk Dam

Queen Silvia's former family home is lovely. It appears to have been well taken care of over the years. In the 1990's the Swedish Royals reached out to the owners requesting to view the home. The owner (mother of current owner) denied the royals access. Now as the home is being sold the daughter has contacted the Queen but has not received a reply. This home has quite a history.

King Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia attended today the funeral of their friend, count Hans-Gabriel Trolle-Wachtmeister. Also princess Benedikte attended. The funeral ceremony took place in the castle church next to the count's castle Trolle Ljungby in Skåne. The count passed away on November 9 at the age of 100 years.
Count Hans-Gabriel was since 2017 the widower of countess Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister, the Mistress of the Robes at the Royal Court.
Margareta Thorgren said:
- Count Hans-Gabriel Trolle-Wachtmeister was a close and dear friend of the royal family. We miss his warmth, humor and wisdom.
Drottning Silvias tårar – tar farväl av nära vännen _*Svensk Dam

The royal couple was among the approximately 70 guests. The service followed exactly the same program as when his wife Alice Trolle-Wachtmeister was buried in 2017.
- He wanted it just as Alice wanted it. The same arrangement, the same hymns, the same music, says priest Göran Mellander.
There was a single exception: Ten students from Trolle Ljungby school sang "Tryggare kan ingen vara" led by Sallie Jönsson and principal Jessika Müller - a special wish from the count.
He was always present at the school graduations and the school was also included in his will. A few years ago, the school was threatened by savings. Then Alice and Hans Gabriel stepped in and saved it. Now that school is a jewel for the village, says priest Göran Mellander.
Drottning Silvias tårar efter grevens död •*”En epok”

Imago gallery

Last edited:
The board of the King Carl XVI Gustaf's 50th Anniversary Fund for Science, Technology and the Environment decided at its meeting on November 22 with H.M The King as Chairman to appoint Professor Amit Rawal for the year 2024/25 as the twenty-ninth holder of the King Carl XVI Gustaf Professorship in Environmental Science. Professor Rawal is Professor in the Department of Textile and Fiber Technology at the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi, India.
Innehavare av H.M. Konungens professur i miljövetenskap utsedd _ Kungahuset

Queen Silvia and her Care About the Children Foundation arranged a Glögg (mulled wine) event yesterday.
So far I haven't found any photos of the queen, but some Instagram posts of the event:
"An evening a little out of the ordinary. Amanda and I on glögg with Her Majesty the Queen, and thank you for the support her foundation has given Yennenga over the years! The queen herself is not in the picture but a few other lovely people and of course my outfit, the blouse sewn and designed by the remake designer Stina Löving! What is a ball at the palace - if not wonderful!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/C0wxPL9s5_8/?img_index=1

"Today me and @stinamberge drank glögg in the palace together with Queen Silvia. Her foundation @careaboutthechildren is closing after 10 years after helping a bunch of NGOs including @yennegaprogress. No pictures were taken of the queen, unfortunately."
https://www.instagram.com/p/C0wwcb7s8cf/?img_index=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom