Spanish Official Visit to the Republic of India: October 24-27, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
King Juan Carlos will visit the Republic of India

October 25 - Bombay

Reception to the Spanish community

Lunch between Spanish and Indian businessmen

Meeting with the Chief Minister of Maharashtra State

October 26 - Delhi

Meeting with President of the Republic of India, Pranab Mukherjee, at the Presidential Palace

Visit the memorial in honor of Mahatma Gandhi

Meeting with the Prime Minister of India, Manmohan Singh, at the residence of the Indian leader

Closing of the Business Forum Spain - India

Meeting with the president of the Congress Party, Sonjia Gandhi

Meeting with the leader of the opposition in the lower house of Parliament Sushma Swaraj

Meeting with the Vice President of India, Hamid Hansari

Dinner hosted by the President of India

His Majesty looks well,I haven't seen him look that good in a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey The King made a State Visit to India a few months ago, well after the storm of elephant hunting.
Was that covered well in Spanish media? Perhaps that coverage and reporting will give an idea of the regard media holds for the King.
In India I dont think any mentions were made about the 'embarassments'... But then it was not also glorified, though. They religiously reported about it..

Hey The King made a State Visit to India a few months ago, well after the storm of elephant hunting.
Was that covered well in Spanish media? Perhaps that coverage and reporting will give an idea of the regard media holds for the King.
In India I dont think any mentions were made about the 'embarassments'... But then it was not also glorified, though. They religiously reported about it..

It wasn't a state visit. It was an official visit concentrating on business/economic issues.

However there are various instances where the terms "State visit" and "official vist" are used interchangeably.
Ceremonial heads of state always bring a huge delegation with economic/business/diplomatic interests.
Ok lets not go into that debate as it out of this topic.
I am just posting this vid, which shows the full blown State Visit Reception given to the King by the President and Prime Minister of India, on the forecourts of Rashtrapathi Bhawan, The Presidential Palace.
Ceremonial Reception of the King of Spain- 26-10-12 - YouTube
And this video is the one of the reception inside the Rashtrapathi Bhawan, and preceding the State Banquet.
King of Spain calls-on the President of India - 26-10-12 - YouTube
The videos are pretty amateur, though.
Spain's King Juan Carlos I arrives today on a four-day state visit : India, News - India Today
I hope the moderators will excuse me for all this..

Last edited by a moderator:
Above post has nothing to do with the 'Future of the Spanish Monarchy' and was moved to correct thread.

I understand, AnArdRi, thank u. I just wanted to put my view with NGalitzine regarding the StateVisit/OfficialVisit question he raised. Thats all..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom