Queen Sofia's Visit to New York: September 9-10, 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Sofia of Spain (3-L) shakes hands with Annette Lantos (3-R), chairperson of the Lantos Foundation for Human Rights and Justice, as David Roosevelt (4-R), grandson of President Franklin D. Roosevelt, looks on, prior to Queen Sofia accepting the Franklin Delano Roosevelt International Disability Rights Award at the United Nations in New York, 09 September 2013. Others are not identified. Spain was awarded for 'its efforts to implement the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities' an earlier press release citing the UN Secretary-General's office said.

ANP pictures

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

According to EFE Queen Sofia is attending Rafa Nadal and Novak Djokovic match this evenning in NY
ãáßÉ ÅÓÈÇäíÇ ÊÍÖÑ äåÇÆí ÈØæáÉ ÃãÑíßÇ ÇáãÝÊæÍÉ Èíä äÇÏÇá æÏíæßæÝíÊÔ

1. I'm used to seeing Royals at the French and Wimbledon. Seeing one at the US Open is a wee bit odd, but a good odd. :)

2. So very envious of HM, as she and everyone else there at Arthur Ashe Stadium tonight saw one heck of an amazing match. I know kept thinking watching it here at home, "How on Earth are they topping this!?!" And the next point and/or set, Rafa and Novak did just that!! HM looked to be right on the edge of her seat along w//the rest of us watching the match and was so thrilled for Rafa winning.

As was I. Considering this time last year it was looking like Rafa's career was in real danger of ending prematurely due to his knees and he was watching the US Open at home on TV...Wow!! Between Andy Murray winning Wimbledon and Rafa winning the US Open tonight, I can't remember the last time I've cried happy tears after biggie tennis matches like I have this year. Queen Sofia looked like she had tears in her eyes during the Award Ceremony too.

Sigh...So envious of her right now!! :D

I was watching the match and saw a camera shot of the Queen with her hands to her face in disbelief after one of those phenomenal points. What a way to top off her trip to NY!

I was really envious of her as well for being at that match.

Last edited:
I reckon she went to watch the tennis :).

Who is the woman in red jacket accompanying the Queen? Looks a bit like the disgraced Infanta..Is she a lady-in-waiting or a Minister?

Who is the woman in red jacket accompanying the Queen? Looks a bit like the disgraced Infanta..Is she a lady-in-waiting or a Minister?

No that's not Infanta Cristina (Cristina is very tall) but I don't know who this women is.

She is Ana Mata, the Minister of Health. She traveled with the Queen to attend several events at the UN.

Spain' s Queen Sofia (C), the Secretary- General of the United Nations, Ban Ki- Moon (L) and Spain' s Health, Social Services and Equality Minister Ana Mato (R) pose as they arrive for a working breakfast on 'Water and Cooperation. Spain' s commitment to the Millennium Development Goals' at the UN headquarters in New York, United States, 10 September 2103.

APA

Back
Top Bottom