King Juan Carlos's Military Service

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

Gentry
Does anyone have any history about HM King Juan Carlos military service, his ranks and the military unifroms he is wearing, etc ?

Are the Spainish Royals like their british counterparts in term of military service?

oh its seems like not much people had the information!!

Hi Duke,

Here's the little I know about the King's military service.

In December 1955 he entered the General Military Academy at Saragossa as a cadet. He attended there until July 1957 & graduated with the rank of Infantry Second Lieutenant.

In August 1957 he began attending the Naval School in Marin as a midshipman & graduated in the summer of 1960 with honours. I do not know his rank upon graduating but in 1958, he held the rank of Naval Sub-Lieutenant.

Somewhere in this time, he also trained with the Air Force & held the rank of Air Force Flying-Officer.

I've also read that by 1958, he held all 3 ranks & that he began attending university in Madrid in the Spring of 1960. Others may have some additional information.

Currently he is the Supreme Commander of the Spanish Armed Forces.

Hope this helps,
Mia

I thought that the King attended all military schools!!!That its a tradition to do so!!!Or only Prince Fellipe did that??

Photo from Agencia File

Photo from Topham

Attachments

• airforce.jpg
    airforce.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 311
  • navy.jpg
    navy.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 294
Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Lia@Jan 6th, 2004 - 4:08 pm
I thought that the King attended all military schools!!!That its a tradition to do so!!!Or only Prince Fellipe did that??
I believe he did - I just don't have the dates or location where he took his Air Force training.

Mia

Originally posted by mirabella+Jan 6th, 2004 - 4:15 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mirabella @ Jan 6th, 2004 - 4:15 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lia@Jan 6th, 2004 - 4:08 pm
I believe he did - I just don't have the dates or location where he took his Air Force training.

Mia [/b][/quote]
Ok thanks :flower:

Thanks for your participation!!
Well i guess it is also hard to know more as even though such informations had been posted, they are usually in spainish!!!! :)
But does anyone know are they like their british counterparts, in which they serve as colonels in some unit or something like that!!! Personally i also happen to like their uniforms. I think even though they are simplier in design and decorations as compare to the british, but it still project a smart image!! B)

Your estimated Juan Carlos loved dictador Franco...

Juan Carlos is king because Franco wanted...

Juan Carlos haven't criticated Franco...so million of spanish hate him

Well, as Electrivicky has stated, King Juan Carlos was designed by the fascist General Franco, who was an allied of Hitler during the Spanish Civil War and was responsible for the death of about 500,000 people. After Franco died in 1975, the Spanish fascist regime began to lose control of the political situation and at the beginning of 1976, events in Spain captured world public opinion. There were strikes and demonstrations to demand democracy and freedom, and Franco’s heir, King Juan Carlos, was obliged very cautiously to introduce some liberalisation in order to calm down the social agitation. But he denied Spanish people to choose either Monarchy or Republic. The Monarchy was imposed in an authoritarian way, with the Army on the background. And so we are today.

Here's an interesting picture of King Juan Carlos having a cup of tea with the fascist dictators Franco (in the middle) and Stroessner (on the right).

http://www.payer.de/entwicklung/entw18107.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, Juan Carlos has never been a Prince of Spain, simply as they don't have Princes of Spain. The only Prince would be the Prince of Asturias, which Juan Carlos never was.

Thank you,yes,my avatar is divine :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .You're very good-looking too.

This new photo is divine,divine.

It's difficult to believe someone admires Juan Carlos :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: .

¡What a fiend!...the fascist Franquito Franco :cry: :cry: .

I adore your pics....and ypur avatar.You can write your signature too.¡Try it! :innocent: :shock: :ninja:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom