King Juan Carlos's Health Issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pffft it is all a stir in a tea cup. In a year we will look back to this in bewilderment. Life goes on. With Doña Sofía and with Letizia.

Is Q.Letizia not a Doña?

The Spanish Royal Family is trying to appease things and correct the error. All families have their problems and the mothers-in-law and daughters-in-law do not have to be the best friends only if they have to respect.
I hope that from now on, those scenes will not be repeated.

I wish Juan Carlos a speedy recovery. He's had so many ops but they don't seem to much of an apparent difference to his mobility.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure Juan Carlos is pleased to receive so many visitors today. Probably more than on a regular Sunday.

I hope Juan Carlos recovers soon. There were indeed a lot of visitors for him so I hope his operation wasn't too serious.

Is it known how long he will have to stay in hospital (hope it's not a dumb question, but i don't have a clue what would be "normal" for an operation like this?

He'll be sometime in recovery post operation at the palace of Zarzuela .

Nice of him to pull over to talk to the press he can be quite jovial at times.

Who of the family was with JC to welcome him home? Is that not a custom in Spain like here? Not that it is incorrect, just wondering. Usually spouse or children here after an operation no matter who the driver is.

Queen Sofia usually travels to Greece for orthodox Easter, not sure but if she sticks with this custom she's not even at home.

Maybe she's gone there now ,I'm sure king Juan Carlos will be well looked after at home in Zarzuela.

It's good to hear that Juan Carlos is out of hospital already; judging by the amount of relatives who came to see him I had imagined that he would be in a worse condition but it's nice to hear that he can relax and recover at home.

Normally you stay 4 at 5 days in Hospital and then 4 months strong revalidation. The King should loose some weight.

King Juan Carlos will be operated from the heart this Saturday.
The Royal House has announced this intervention after the monarch was subjected to a review that determined that it was necessary to take this step.

I can't recall if he visted his sister the Infanta Pilar in hospital earlier this year?

Juan Carlos went to the sailboat world championship and his ship won. This operation is scheduled since June, so it seems to be nothing serious

Juan Carlos went to the sailboat world championship and his ship won. This operation is scheduled since June, so it seems to be nothing serious

They wouldn't do heart surgery if it wasn't something serious. Anything related to the heart is serious and can turn out ugly, so I hope for a full and speedy recovery after his surgery.

:previous: Agree. Coming from a family with serious heart issues as well as work, I fully agree.

It may not be emergent, wasn't needed right away. But heart surgery can be a great strain. For someone of his age in poor health, if it wasn't a serious need, they wouldn't risk unnecessary surgery.

Let's just hope this surgery will make him better. It feels sad that both King Emeritus Juan Carlos and Empress Emeritus Michiko are sick.

I admire King Juan Carlos and I think your last sentence is inappropriate. You wish for him not to have visitors?
?? I did not mean it in an inappropriate way, of course he will have visitors and in the past there usually was some choreography about it, Sofia first then Felipe with his family and very often they talk to the press on such occasions.
It's a minor issue but you never know therefore I hope he can leave the hospital soon.

I'm sure we'll see photos from the hospital visits as at the kings age nothing can be taken for granted.

Surely, your children and some of your grandchildren will visit you in the hospital. Felipe and Letizia must have already arrived from their vacation destination and will visit King Juan Carlos in the hospital.
I hope everything goes well and can recover soon. You are at a sensitive age, so all care is a little.

Don Juan Carlos has already entered the hospital

The King arrived shortly before ten at night at the Quirón de Pozuelo de Alarcón clinic.
https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_espanola/20190823148043/rey-juan-carlos-ingresa-hospital/
https://www.abc.es/espana/casa-real...ara-operado-corazon-201908232209_noticia.html

Specifically, the operation to which the former King of Spain will be submitted this Saturday, as explained by El Mundo newspaper medical sources, will be the placement of three bypasses. It is, therefore, an open heart operation and must remain a minimum of 10-11 days.

Back
Top Bottom