Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-27-2013, 06:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Medical Part 3 - September 27

http://www.casareal.es/ES/Documents/...e_medico_3.pdf

Old 09-27-2013, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

King Juan Carlos will be 40 years on the throne in November 2015,a pretty significant date for him and Spain,I'd imagine that by hook or by crook (no pun intended), His Majesty will hang on in there to mark that anniversary. What happens after than,Lord knows!

Old 09-27-2013, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Latest from Hola

HM The Queen.
La Reina dice que el Rey está dando pasos, muy animado y sin dolores

HRH The Infanta Elena
http://www.hola.com/noticias-de-actu...6/casasreales/
Old 09-27-2013, 07:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
Yes..my point of bias is sooooo clear here..
You believe the King knows everything about Noos scandal, and at the same time you believe Queen Juliana doesnt know anything about Lockheed scandal..IT IS JUST YOUR BELIEF..In both cases..
Except that we DO KNOW that the King found out about Noos several years back, demanded that Inaki leave and when he did not found him a job in D.C.

And we have NO evidence that Juliana knew. I asked you for some evidence, none was provided and you are assuming she did know. I am not assuming that the king knew - we know he did.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From Hello

Infanta Cristina flew in from Switzerland to visit Spain's King Juan Carlos in hospital - hellomagazine.com
Old 09-27-2013, 10:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
And we have NO evidence that Juliana knew. I asked you for some evidence, none was provided and you are assuming she did know. I am not assuming that the king knew - we know he did.
OK since you dont wanna leave this..
Please check Wiki on Lockheed scandal..
"Queen Juliana has threatened to abdicate if her husband was prosecuted"..
Do you need anything more?
Old 09-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
OK since you dont wanna leave this..
Please check Wiki on Lockheed scandal..
"Queen Juliana has threatened to abdicate if her husband was prosecuted"..
Do you need anything more?
She did yes,after PM Den Uyl informed her as to the findings of the research.Not before,not ever before!!She was utterly and visibly shocked when she found out...Be sure to be well informed before reactions...!..And,in that case Princess Beatrix would have refused to be the next Monarch.So much for love of pappie as Bernhard was called at home.
Yes,so?What's so special and why is it necessary for others to bring this up in a totally inappropiate thread concerning the health of the King.Not the old out in the open history of the 70's.Big deal...Bernhard stepped down from all his functions and that was that and we all lived happily ever after.Next!

And as for spain and it's rags & rumours!!It is Notorious for just that...No proof for anything except pages one with an extra grey cell doesn't read.
Untill anything is proven:It's just crap for crapule.Nada mas!
Old 09-27-2013, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Don't think you can compare JC to some 'young' 'healthy' men in a wheelchair. Had JC sat on the wheelchair, all those surgeries would have been avoided (doubt it) ? With the lifestyle he led all these years and bad genes in the family, his whole body is falling apart, if not hip, it would be knees, disk, lung, who knows what is next.
Neither were young nor were they both men. They were people "of a certain age" who were more or less permanently wheelchair bound. Being in a wheelchair did not mean they could not lead productive lives and carry out the functions of their vice regal offices. Being in a wheel chair did not in any way hamper their mental capacity.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Sofia visits King Juan Carlos in hospital

http://www.que.es/archivos/201309/20...8-672xXx80.jpg

Prince Felipe and family

Video

http://www.atlas-news.com/agencia-in...380991936.html

Photos

http://estaticos02.cache.el-mundo.ne...dillos_2_0.jpg

http://www.lecturas.com/articulo/ult...buelo_rey.html

http://www.semana.es/leonor-y-sofia-...0927-00110365/
Old 09-27-2013, 01:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh my those girls have gotten so tall! And of course beautiful. So glad they are going to see their grandfather.
And I have to say this, but gracious how HOT is Felipe these days. That man just keeps getting better with age.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wheelchair?

In the US, President Franklin Roosevelt managed to win 4 elections, end the Depression, and prosecute WWII while in a wheelchair. I do believe that was a bit more difficult than being a King, so surely JC shouldn't have to abdicate just because he might not be able to walk.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Family leaves the hospital

Video

Las nietas del Rey han acompañado a los Príncipes a visitarle

Photos

http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Listas...vencion_06.jpg
Old 09-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
Oh my those girls have gotten so tall! And of course beautiful. So glad they are going to see their grandfather.
And I have to say this, but gracious how HOT is Felipe these days. That man just keeps getting better with age.
I agree with both of the highlighted comments! I imagine that Sofia will end up being taller than Leonor; in this photo they look like they're the same hight, but in others Sofia looks a little smaller. On another note, I like their outfits. Their tops are cute. In the photo I linked, there's a woman in the crowds wearing a bright blue top and white trousers who I think looks a lot like Infanta Cristina; but I'm guessing it's not her.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

King Juan Carlos of Spain Receives Visits at Hospital

Buscar - Getty Images ES: ESP: King Juan Carlos of Spain Receives Visits at Hospital
Old 09-28-2013, 02:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

An article about the king, his health and the regency
La Regencia Opinión EL PAÍS
Translation
Old 09-28-2013, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Infanta Leonor and Sofia visit the King

Las infantas Leonor y Sofía visitan al Rey: 'Está muy bien el abuelito'
Old 09-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Infanta Elena today

Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Picture details
Old 09-29-2013, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

From Hola

New medical King: Progressing quickly and has walked twice

Nuevo parte médico del Rey: Progresa rápidamente y*ha caminado el doble | Realeza | Noticias hola.com
Old 09-30-2013, 03:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Neither were young nor were they both men. They were people "of a certain age" who were more or less permanently wheelchair bound. Being in a wheelchair did not mean they could not lead productive lives and carry out the functions of their vice regal offices. Being in a wheel chair did not in any way hamper their mental capacity.
I know they were people of a certain age, that's why I said 'young' with ''. They were young compared to JC who is 75, most importantly they didn't have 8 operations during a period of 2 1/2 years while holding their office. Any high politician or minister who is 75 with 8 surgeries the last 2 1/2 years likely would have asked to retire or resign.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Any high politician or minister who is 75 with 8 surgeries the last 2 1/2 years likely would have asked to retire or resign.
If people want a politician as a head of state who can be asked to resign because he or she has had 8 surgeries at the age of 75 then why don't they get one. Juan Carlos is a monarch, not a politician.

Tags
king juan carlos, king juan carlos health, spains king