King Juan Carlos's Health Issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally Posted by LadyFinn
I would find it extremely odd if the closest family members don't visit the patient at the hospital, if he/she stays there longer than a day. In Finland it is a normal custom to visit their loved ones. But of course Cristina didn't have to make such a show of her visit, she could have arrived discreetly.

Zonk,
Given the situation in Spain and the financial mess(the stealing of money that was to go to help the people of Spain) that it seems (from what is being reported around the world about her and her husband) that a bit of discretion on her part would have been in order. There really is no need for her to be seen in public doing anything at this time. Yes this is the royal family and even they should not be above the law of the land, there is always something said about being discreet. I am of the old school that honesty is the best policy and there seems to be a lot of dishonesty in this royal family with the exception of CPF/CPL and their family. I know that nobody is perfect yet the way that some people think that just because your royal (being born royal is just an accident of birth no more no less) your entitled to anything you want in life when in all sense of the word *royal* there should come a great sense of responsibility towards the position, and not to take advantage of that position while others suffer.

Yes, I understand the situation and Spain as well as what is going on with Cristina and her husband. And I would agree that, some sort of discretion should be used. However, let's be real.

Cristina is out and about because she is visiting her father in the hospital who just had surgery. Its not like she was was photographed at a club, or shopping in an expensive store. Those are examples to me of not showing discretion or being not being mindful of the situation.

There is a stark difference IMO.

Cataract surgery is common among senior citizens so I'm not surprised. Thank you for the update Lady Finn.

Well, I'm not surprised by this... He is aging and nto the other way round

Yes, but he's relatively young for a cane. Someone once told me getting old is not for the weak. I can see why.

I wish Don Juan Carlos well. After the hip surgery, now comes the revalidation, the training, the conditioning.

Yes, but he's relatively young for a cane. Someone once told me getting old is not for the weak. I can see why.

Yes, in one of her interviews after having a massive stroke, actress Bette Davis remarked that "Getting old is not for sissies". She was a great one that also told people to "stop whining about your problems and pull up your big girl pants and just get on with it. We all have problems!" As I am now old, it is true.

Prayers to a speedy recovery for King JC.

Wishing king Juan Carlos a speedy recovery :flowers:

Question was it hip or knee? I have seen both said :ermm:

Anyways wishing him a good recovery and rehab from the surgery. Surgery never easy at an older age. Seems the week for surgery, with Philip having the same earlier this week.

Nice seeing his wife, Felipe and Letizia visiting him.

The King,Queen and Queen Mother visit King Juan Carlos at the Hospital Universitario Sanitas La Moraleja.

I cannot unerstand why the King who had a prothesis in 2011 must have a new one 7 years later. Substituing a Prothesis must be more difficult than to have a new one. Lucky he has the best Doctors of Spain.
I have to undergo 2 knee prothesis Operations . I hope I will be more lucky !!

I cannot unerstand why the King who had a prothesis in 2011 must have a new one 7 years later. Substituing a Prothesis must be more difficult than to have a new one. Lucky he has the best Doctors of Spain.

Do we know it was the same knee? Maybe it was his other one.

I read that JC's first knee replacement had some problems and didn't heal well, thus the 2nd replacement. My good friend had a knee replacement last year. There's a laundry list of variables that could make the replacement go wrong. JC probably was among the unlucky who had something not heel correctly.

Pffft it is all a stir in a tea cup. In a year we will look back to this in bewilderment. Life goes on. With Doña Sofía and with Letizia.

Back
Top Bottom