King Juan Carlos's 70th Birthday Celebrations: January 5, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lula

Imperial Majesty
Country
Spain
TVE conmemora el 70 cumpleaños del Rey emitiendo evocaciones de su figura

TVE commemorates 70 birthday of the King emitting evocations of his figure

The TVE will celebrate in January 70 birthday of the King expressing two documentaries on Don Juan Carlos, the first one of them, the night of next January 2, and numerous interventions of figures of the maximum relevancy evoking the figure of the monarch.

In addition, during the whole week, from January 1 to January 8, TVE will emit along programming ' 70 congratulations for the King ' formulated by relevant personalities of the Spanish society, close to international figures as Bill Clinton, Paul Preston y Woody Allen, in the special one directed by Elena Sanchez.

These messages of congratulation will be emitted distributed along the programming and in them journalists have taken part, writers, singers, actors and actresses, politicians, sportsmen and scientists.

Finally, on Saturday, the 5th of January, Weekly Report it includes the article ' The ages of the King ' - elaborated by Rosa Artal and Juan Jose Mardones - in whom representatives of different generations give their vision on the figure of the Monarca.
progress.gif

70 years old already.
and felipe will be 40 on the 30 or 31st
lets hope there will be alot of photos.

By using a translator I would understand that this paper says that the King will have a birthday reception for the first time:
El rey celebrará su 70 cumpleaños/Diari de tarragona
Could somebody tell what´s in the story, these translator machines are not so good. :flowers:

The king will celebrate his 70 birthday

For the first time, the King will celebrate his birthday with an official receipt. Don Juan Carlos has invited to the political forces and institutions of the State to feasting with the royal family his 70 birthday, anniversary that coincides with his thirty years of reign.

The Royal House has begun already to deal the invitations for the royal banquet. The members of the Government, leaders of the parties, speakers members of parliament, presidents and ex-presidents of the institutions of the State have been summoned, between others, to celebrate next January 9 the anniversary of the monarch in the Palace of the Zarzuela. It will be an informal dinner in which the guests must dress dark suit and the women of short dress.

Thank you, Lula! :flowers:
It´s great if this is true, a reception for the King´s birthday.

Will there be something like a Gala or Birthday Party foreign Royals will attend?

Will there be something like a Gala or Birthday Party foreign Royals will attend?

It would be great and well deserved but i don't think we can hope for it.

Photo of the session of photos of 60 birthday of the King. I wait that in few days they announce that this year we will have new photos on the occasion of 70 birthday.

http://i7.tinypic.com/8bpvc6q.jpg

I hope that too! if they do a photo session do you think the kids will be there? :wub:

Start of the New Year with a Kings Birthday reception, great news:clap: I also like the fact they have choosen it to be an informal dinner, sometimes its nice to see the ladies in shorter dresses becasue we get to see them in gala dresses all the times.

Any word if any member from other royal houses will be invited?

Yeah! another photoshoot
I was hoping there was a gala dinner for other royals, but I guess that's not what the SRF usually does :neutral:
anyway, great to see the celebration:flowers:

Don Juan Carlos se defiende · ELPAÍS.com

Hurt by you burn them of photos and the accusations to guarantee to the Government with his silence, single front to the attacks, the Monarch left to defend personally served by the institution to make the rules possible of game of the democracy,

Wow .. In 10 years, the king has "achieved" 8 granchildren !

Thanks for the informations.Really JC is a great king.

Happy new year 2008

Photo of the session of photos of 60 birthday of the King. I wait that in few days they announce that this year we will have new photos on the occasion of 70 birthday.

http://i7.tinypic.com/8bpvc6q.jpg

Inaki looks very innocent in this picture. :wub:

But I think I can see in him the combination of what his sons look like. I have frequently seen the Urdangarin kids (esp. Juan and Pablo) adopt a similar expression. :lol:

Also, I had a good laugh at this link: Diariocrítico - Especiales Especial <I>Diariocrítico</i> - 70 años del Rey - Vídeos

It lists the infamous ¿Por qué no te callas?" to Chávez among JC's greatest moments! :clap:

Viva el Rey!! :king: :spainflag: :lol:

Last edited:
Seventy moments in the life and reign of Juan Carlos I

The King expires seventy years next January 5, 32 of them at the head of the Headquarters of the Spanish State.

These are the seventy most important moments of his life and of his reign
Setenta momentos en la vida y reinado de Juan Carlos I

do we know whether the celebrations will include foreign royalty, just as carl gustav's or harald's? i highly doubt so, though... otherwise we would have known about it already.

do we know whether the celebrations will include foreign royalty, just as carl gustav's or harald's? i highly doubt so, though... otherwise we would have known about it already.

Not, there is not foreseen any celebration of this type, if there is any guest to any celebration it will be something strictly private. Only there will be a "public", simple enough celebration with the Spanish authorities.;)

Muchas gracias lula! Thank you for posting the articles and photos.

I believe this inviting of the members of the Government is nothing else than a usual New-Year-celebration mixed with his birthday. In other royal houses those New-year-celebrations are normal usus.
I find it quite unfair that some royals never really celebrate their (round) birthdays but go to any other birthday party they are invited to (f.i. Albert of Monaco) and never return the favour....
The same f.i. with Queen Beatrix. She never celebrates any of her birthdays by inviting foreign royals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom