King Juan Carlos Hunting Accident & Trip To Africa: 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: It was good of you to reply. Thanks for that.

I don't follow felipe's activites and don't know all that much about him to be honest, but I quite like Letizia. I think she'd make a lovely Queen.

not to mention the amout of money he spends in times when Spain is suffering from financial termoil & unemployment.

It is a rather precarious situation to be caught in.

Last edited:
not to mention the amout of money he spends in times when Spain is suffering from financial termoil & unemployment. are two Queens': Calls for King Juan Carlos, 74, to abdicate over rumours he was on controversial elephant-hunt with 47-year-old lover | Mail Online

unemployment ??? you are joking ... in Spain just the 15 MAY Movement http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%932012_Spanish_protests are with out job ... who whants to works ... there is jobs everywhere ... of course I admit in certain regions will be more difficult than others ... but who wants to work have a job. About the mistress ... well ALL HAVE ONE, not just the royals, in Spain ... in UK, in Holand, in the Swedish, everywhere in all societies, and social strats ... are there. The phenomenon of fidelity in love, it's a total naive IN THE WORLD today.

Last edited:
Tonytex.
Your threads 278 /279 are unfair and uninteresting - a shame for spain !

I see nothing wrong with TonyTex's comments. They are his/her opinions and we are all able to spout off our opinions. Sometimes, the truth is a bit hard to swallow. I've never lived in Spain, so I know nothing about their matrimonial culture. I have no idea of the truth behind the country's financial problems and the factual availability of jobs. His/Her information is bound to be more on point than mine or that of anyone who does not live there.

the truth is a bit hard to swallow

The truth according to whom? It's an opinion, influenced by indavidual ideals and interpretations. Hence I find the above statement somewhat perculiar.

Much like yourself, I'm not overly familiar with the economic situation in Spain but as for fidelity and love (or lack there of), that can only be considered an opinion and not necessarily a global truth. People say love and fidelity go hand in hand while others suggest it does not. It's a very emotive topic that very often has little to no middle ground.

Last edited:
El viaje privado que la princesa tuvo que anular tras la cada del Rey

Letizia had to interrupt her long-planned weekend in Alicante with her journalist friends when the King had his accident and she had to show up with Felipe & the girls at the hospital. Now thats an additional explaination for the sour face.
http://www.que.es/archivos/201204/principes_asturias_infantas_hospital_2-640x640x80.jpg

I say she had the proper facial expression considering the situation. Not smiling does not equate to sour face.

El viaje privado que la princesa tuvo que anular tras la cada del Rey

Letizia had to interrupt her long-planned weekend in Alicante with her journalist friends when the King had his accident and she had to show up with Felipe & the girls at the hospital. Now thats an additional explaination for the sour face.
http://www.que.es/archivos/201204/principes_asturias_infantas_hospital_2-640x640x80.jpg

You know what? I can UNDERSTAND her. Accident under questionnable circumstances, more pressure to the reputaion of the Royal Family because of - yeah, what? Midlife Crisis, Attempt to deny age - of the Souveraign and you have to come back to officially show support .... whereas I am 150% convinced, that Letizia does not agree with the Kings behaviour at all. And on top of that she then have to interrupt her weekend with friends - which I assume is "holy" because it is a kind of "normality" which surely happenes seldom in her position.
BYe Bine

I cannot understand why the King left the hospital to early?

Because the faster he is back to work, the faster he can create positive headlines to replace chatter about elephants, mistresses and other extravaganzas...

With every negativ headline more bad feelings are created about the monarch.

It is not unusual for a hip replacement to dislocate. I had a friend that dislocated his 4 times that I know of. You have to learn to be careful.

Spanish town of Berga declares hunting King 'persona non grata'
Berga, a town in Spain's northeastern Catalonian region, has declared the Spanish king an unwelcome person over his recent elephant hunting trip in Botswana during a severe financial crisis. Berga, population 17,160, situated 67 miles north of Barcelona, approved a symbolic motion proposed by the pro-Catalan independence Popular Unity Candidature party declaring King Juan Carlos I ''persona non grata,'' the Associated Press reported.

El Rey viaj dos veces con la princesa Corinna en contra del criterio de sus mdicos
La princesa Corinna fue agasajada como consorte del Rey en un viaje a Emiratos rabes

The King traveled twice to Princess Corinna against the advice of his doctors.
Despite casareal confirming that Juan Carlos would need 7 to 10 weeks to regain full mobility on his achilles tendon, and that during that time period he would not participate in any official act outside Zarzuela, only three weeks after surgery, the King traveled privately to Monaco to spend the weekend with Corinna and assist in the Monte Carlo Boat Show.

Six weeks later Juan Carlos was scheduled to attend the opening of the Barcelona Boat Show as official event but shortly before the visit casareal announced that the visit was suspended because of replications of the tendon operation.

But the next day, ignoring the advice of physicians, the King launched a new private trip, also accompanied by Princess Corinna Sayn-Wittgenstein, to Kuwait and the UAE, where Corinna was labelled "consort to Juan Carlos" by the local authorities / royal house and attended the full Ladie's Programme alongside the other dignitaries' wives or compagnions.

It is utter mauvais ton to allow to present Princess Corinna as a consort. Such arrogance is most likely to irreparably mar King Juan Carlos' legacy.

Duke of Marmalade said:
El Rey viaj dos veces con la princesa Corinna en contra del criterio de sus mdicos
La princesa Corinna fue agasajada como consorte del Rey en un viaje a Emiratos rabes

Despite casareal confirming that Juan Carlos would need 7 to 10 weeks to regain full mobility on his achilles tendon, and that during that time period he would not participate in any official act outside Zarzuela, only three weeks after surgery, the King traveled privately to Monaco to spend the weekend with Corinna and assist in the Monte Carlo Boat Show.

Six weeks later Juan Carlos was scheduled to attend the opening of the Barcelona Boat Show as official event but shortly before the visit casareal announced that the visit was suspended because of replications of the tendon operation.

But the next day, ignoring the advice of physicians, the King launched a new private trip, also accompanied by Princess Corinna Sayn-Wittgenstein, to Kuwait and the UAE, where Corinna was labelled "consort to Juan Carlos" by the local authorities / royal house and attended the full Ladie's Programme alongside the other dignitaries' wives or compagnions.

Is this news that has just come out in Spain now ?

Not exactly new News. The Monaco trip was in September and the Middle East trip was in November. Both incidents before his April elephant hunt/hip break and Corinna's subsequent departure from Spain.

Ok boys and girls, if you want to see what it means to train wreck a monarchy at the Eurostar's speed, follow these people. The Windsors are saints next to these people, and yes I am American and I am a decendent of Phillip of Spain. The stuff this king is doing while his countries economy is as close to ruin as it probable has ever come in its history. Don't start with the cost of the Jubilee and the Summer Olympics. Britain is in an excellent position. The plans for both events started long before the world economy tanked. Spain could use the reason to have so much money to fall into there country. This is what an Out Of Touch monarch behaves like Britain, Commonwealth. Charles has done some dumb things, but he is not a stupid man. I would be hard pressed to find someone to say the same about Carlo. I don't know much about the Crown Prince except he married fairly recently, has started a family, and has a Huge New Palace. The two newest Windsor palace was purchased by Queen Victoria. Come to think of it, the Crown Prince does seem too in touch himself.

PI don't remember the British economy on the verge of ruin at the time and PC going to off Africa to slaughter endangered animals. That was a recorded private phone call and neither parties had any knowledge they were being recorded (illegal). Cell phones still had the presumption of privacy and there were no radios capable of that intersepting that spectrum Carlos if flaunting a mistress all over the world.

OH MY GOSH! HE DID NOT LEARN ANYTHING!!!!!
Simply forget his half-convincing excuse, he simply did not get the message! Is he so narcistic, or does he still mean, he is able to hover above everything and everybody......
I heard some rumors, that he split with Corinna shortly after the hunting incident -- well, that was a hoax then. Maybe he´s really madly in love with her. Ok. But - gosh - why it MUST be Monte Carlo then and Kuwait and UAE and "Consort" ins these difficult times, and also putting his health at risk?
Spain is in a larger economic crisis than ever. And: the rest of the RF really tried to make as much damage control as possible. And what about you, Sir?
BYe Bine

OH MY GOSH! HE DID NOT LEARN ANYTHING!!!!!
Simply forget his half-convincing excuse, he simply did not get the message! Is he so narcistic, or does he still mean, he is able to hover above everything and everybody......
I heard some rumors, that he split with Corinna shortly after the hunting incident -- well, that was a hoax then. Maybe he´s really madly in love with her. Ok. But - gosh - why it MUST be Monte Carlo then and Kuwait and UAE and "Consort" ins these difficult times, and also putting his health at risk?
Spain is in a larger economic crisis than ever. And: the rest of the RF really tried to make as much damage control as possible. And what about you, Sir?
BYe Bine

If you actually read the story, you will see as I posted above that both of these trips took place last fall well before the hunting trip/broken hip and Corrina later leaving Spain.

Back
Top Bottom