King Juan Carlos - Fiscal Investigations, Inheritance and Exile : 2018-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Corinna's testimony is contradictory, and it is prepared by her lawyers. She hints that her relationship had been broken since 2009, but she came to his aid when he was ill.
This does not correspond to reality, because curiously the account of the bank of King Juan Carlos empties between 2011 and 2012, and the hunt in Botswana is 2012. But also, she lived in a house near the Palacio de la Zarzuela, until 2013.
And the Spanish press in 2013 rumored that King Juan Carlos wanted to marry Corinna Larsen, she wanted to be Queen of Spain.

It is obvious that seems quite prepared by her lawyers.

Regarding the donation, if it were a gift, King Juan Carlos would never have claimed it.

She speaks of a family structure, 40 years ago, no, that is not possible, only a businesswoman like Corinna, could create that infrastructure. She was dedicated to investment funds in tax havens. She is who created the infrastructure. It was not 40 years ago, it was from 2004 when It began to create that infrastructure.
It is prepared, she lies, the dates do not correspond with the facts

Exactly, there are many flaws in Corinna's story.
In fact, I venture to say that King Juan Carlos' friendship with Corinna was the worst thing that ever happened to Juan Carlos.
None of JC's other friends came to give interviews or created problems.
Corinna, who claimed to be JC's friend, has only created problems and helped ruin the life of King Juan Carlos.
I believe that those who work in the royal house will have begun to realize that JC and Corinna's relationship could bring problems and this may have been one of the reasons for JC's abdication.
This woman is vengeful and dangerous.

I’m just starting following this... is Queen Sofia in the UAE with Juan Carlos, or is she still in Spain (or somewhere else?)

No, she is not. They haven't had a real relationship (other than a professional one) for decades. She mostly spends time with her sister - who also lives at Zarzuela. She is currently on Mallorca with her sister and cousin/best friend and her family (see the Holiday topic).

I’m just starting following this... is Queen Sofia in the UAE with Juan Carlos, or is she still in Spain (or somewhere else?)

She still lives at the Zarzuela Palace in Madrid and she is currently spending the summer at the Marivent Palace in Mallorca as she always does.

She and Juan Carlos are de facto separated now. Before that, they already lived separate lives (see Corinna's interview), but at least officially they still lived together.

Just when you thought it was safe to head off to exile... it’s the return of the ex! And this time she’s getting interviewed by the beeb!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/stories-53749630?__twitter_impression=true

It surprises me that King Juan Carlos proposed marriage, according to the interview. Assuming that meant a legal marriage, it would have required him to first divorce Queen Sofía, which would have been a major disruption to the monarchy, depriving it of its most respected royal family member.

It surprises me that King Juan Carlos proposed marriage, according to the interview. Assuming that meant a legal marriage, it would have required him to first divorce Queen Sofía, which would have been a major disruption to the monarchy, depriving it of its most respected royal family member.

It surprises me too. I have not followed the SRF closely for a while but it seems according to people’s comments that JC and Sofía have been essentially separated for many years now, but seeing as they also seem to pretty devout Catholics it comes as a surprise that he would be willing to divorce and marry this Corinna. Perhaps he was hoping for an annulment?

For what its worth, is it just me who things the photo in that bbc article of the King & Corinna looks fake? JC looks like he's almost been photoshopped in to me.

Quite honesty, I doubt very much King Juan Carlos would have contemplated marriage - and certainly not proposed it - considering he was allegedly having another affair with someone else at the same time as having an affair with this one.

I would like to think that any agreement he had with Queen Sofia would have included a promise not to divorce her - that would be the very least of respect he could show her.

Queen Sofia continues to smile and act queenly and gracious in Palma de Mallorca and all this going on behind the scenes.

I don't know... I think Corinna is definitely a schemer but it does sound like she was fond of JC. It's a sincere-sounding interview. Can we trust some of it? Any of it? Is there a bunch of stuff omitted? I just don't know.

Who was her 20-year predecessor? Not Marta, then? (No clue who else he had on the side, but JC seems to have serial monogamist tendencies...)

Quite honesty, I doubt very much King Juan Carlos would have contemplated marriage - and certainly not proposed it - considering he was allegedly having another affair with someone else at the same time as having an affair with this one.

I would like to think that any agreement he had with Queen Sofia would have included a promise not to divorce her - that would be the very least of respect he could show her.

I agree, I would be surprised if J-C would have contemplated marriage with Corrine. I think he had a perfectly working model: a Queen, who does the work, and a mistress, for companionship.

I agree, I would be surprised if J-C would have contemplated marriage with Corrine. I think he had a perfectly working model: a Queen, who does the work, and a mistress, for companionship.

Something can't have been working, or he wouldn't have wanted to change it. (Unless Corinna is flat-out lying, which is still a possibility.)

Something can't have been working, or he wouldn't have wanted to change it. (Unless Corinna is flat-out lying, which is still a possibility.)

I dont think that his marriage was working on any level other than the formal for a long time. Had they not been royal and Catholic they probably would have divorced... He might have talked to Corinna about a possible marriage but he knew it was impossible...

I think it was/is out of the question that JC as King of Spain would get divorced, and surly no annullment - as there are 3 kids; and his son heir/ now king.

An annulment does not effect the children; for example, the count of Paris' parents also got an annulment.

I think it was/is out of the question that JC as King of Spain would get divorced, and surly no annullment - as there are 3 kids; and his son heir/ now king.

I read an interesting perspective on JC's exit and how this was the closest to a divorce that Queen Sofia would have. Apparently her parting words to JC were to ask him which of his mistresses he would take with him, the millionaire or the "paleta", literally bumpkin or uncouth... Touché!

I read an interesting perspective on JC's exit and how this was the closest to a divorce that Queen Sofia would have. Apparently her parting words to JC were to ask him which of his mistresses he would take with him, the millionaire or the "paleta", literally bumpkin or uncouth... Touché!

While I wouldn't rule that one out, is it really likely anybody knows what was said?

An annulment does not effect the children; for example, the count of Paris' parents also got an annulment.

No, it wouldn't but for the Catholic King, and queen to split up, just wasn't on.. But I think that the marriage was really over years ago, and they only kept up appearances for the sake of the Monarchy...and possibl Juan wished he could formally end the marriage and mgiht have toyed with an idea of marrying whoever was the favoured mistress at the time...

King Juan Carlos confirmed in writing in 2018 that the transfer of 65 million to Corinna was a gift.

He sent a letter to his lawyer in Switzerland, in the midst of the storm for Villarejo's audios, to deny that she was his testimonafer.

"I confirm once again, as indicated at the time during our discussions, that the donation I made in 2012 to Ms. Corinna Zu Sayn Wittgenstein was irrevocable. Since the donation, he has never handled the transferred assets on my behalf," says the letter to which ABC has had access.

"Mrs. Corinna Zu Sayn Wittgenstein never "carried" money in my name, contrary to what may have been indicated in the Spanish press," he says.

https://www.abc.es/espana/abci-juan...ones-corinna-regalo-202008201630_noticia.html

I'd be surprised if JC would ever truly feel like he could divorce Sofia, while he might on a personal level as "king" he would have seen this was out the question. That said I guess if Felipe was onside could Sofia have been granted or kept her titles and status anyway? I can't really see any of the children accepting a divorce and much less their mother having no roles and titles in Spain.

I would assume any marriage to Corinna would have to be morganatic at the very least to pull it off. Poor Sofia, carrying on as before while her husband leaves the country with one of his many mistresses and this silly interview shows how little JC cared for her. As for Corinna being upset JC was seeing another woman - how funny!

Count me in among those who think that contemplating marriage is something in the imagination of Corinna ... why would he have wanted to marry her? He almost lived and traveled with her, it seems the arrangement worked for everybody at the time, Sofia, his children appeared with Corinna at official events, Felipe had no problem Corinna arranging his honeymoon, you don't do this if you resent your father having a mistress who causes hurt to your mother.
A divorce and marriage would have destroyed JC's intact image at the time, I don't see any reason for him to do something like this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...veals-warning-end-dead-tunnel-like-Diana.html

Last edited:

annulment is possible, it does not depend on the number of children a couple has

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if JC would ever truly feel like he could divorce Sofia, while he might on a personal level as "king" he would have seen this was out the question. That said I guess if Felipe was onside could Sofia have been granted or kept her titles and status anyway? I can't really see any of the children accepting a divorce and much less their mother having no roles and titles in Spain.

I would assume any marriage to Corinna would have to be morganatic at the very least to pull it off. Poor Sofia, carrying on as before while her husband leaves the country with one of his many mistresses and this silly interview shows how little JC cared for her. As for Corinna being upset JC was seeing another woman - how funny!

Indeed made me laugh, too. always a problem when the mistress turns out to behave like your wife :D
But like always no one knows what happens in a marriage, there is always two who are responsable and the children openly interacting with at least one mistress tells a lot.
Sofia managed to keep a good reputation though nowadays women and feminists would see things differently.

Poor Sofia, carrying on as before while her husband leaves the country with one of his many mistresses and this silly interview shows how little JC cared for her. As for Corinna being upset JC was seeing another woman - how funny!

I wouldn't feel too badly for Sofia. Her cheating so-and-so of a husband is gone; she's free. Unless and until we find out what she knew about potential bribes and money laundering (and hey, being his legal spouse finally comes in handy...), she looks blameless. And she's still Queen and esteemed. I really think she's fine. Maybe even better since he left (unlike her son and his family).

If Corinna had discussed (and not just assumed) exclusivity with JC then she had a right to be upset, whatever his track record. Mistresses are people with human relationships and feelings, too.

I listened to Corinna's interview, and I had to wonder if she's preparing to suggest that Juan Carlos is her son's father. She mentioned his fondness for the boy multiple times, as well as his determination that the kid inherit guns, money, and other things.

I listened to Corinna's interview, and I had to wonder if she's preparing to suggest that Juan Carlos is her son's father. She mentioned his fondness for the boy multiple times, as well as his determination that the kid inherit guns, money, and other things.

He would suggest guns for a kid after what happened to him? :ohmy: :argh:

Even if the kid was inheriting as an adult. Yuck.

I wouldn't feel too badly for Sofia. Her cheating so-and-so of a husband is gone; she's free. Unless and until we find out what she knew about potential bribes and money laundering (and hey, being his legal spouse finally comes in handy...), she looks blameless. And she's still Queen and esteemed. I really think she's fine. Maybe even better since he left (unlike her son and his family).

If Corinna had discussed (and not just assumed) exclusivity with JC then she had a right to be upset, whatever his track record. Mistresses are people with human relationships and feelings, too.

Of course she has the right to be upset, I meant I found it funny she though JC was capable of being "exclusive to her" given he was cheating on Sofia with her. Maybe its better they didn't marry, as Oscar Wilde once said" a man who marries his mistress leaves a vacancy in that position". I don't see why she would expect him to change his ways having known he was cheating for much of his married life.

I can no longer believe it, because her youngest son was born in 2002 from her marriage to Prince Casimir zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn.
But we also don't know when Corinna met King Juan Carlos. The only thing we know is that she already knew Juan Carlos in 2004, because she organized Felipe and Letizia's honeymoon.
But I want to believe that Corinna's son is not the result of her betrayal with JC, it would be too bad.

He would suggest guns for a kid after what happened to him? :ohmy: :argh:

Even if the kid was inheriting as an adult. Yuck.

This also would have been around the time Frolain shot himself in the foot!

Her youngest son? Isn't Alexander her only child?

Back
Top Bottom