The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-12-2020, 07:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
He has to pretend he knew nothing to keep his throne.
Accusing a person of complicity in a crime is another crime.:Oh mi:: eek:

Old 06-12-2020, 08:24 PM
Gentry

Where is the info that HM queen sofia sued the greek gvt in the 90’s?

Old 06-12-2020, 08:28 PM
Courtier

Some more articles with further details of the allegations around the ex king:

https://www.web24.news/u/2020/06/the...-to-mecca.html

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_n...ck-scheme.html

https://www.web24.news/u/2020/05/thi...phic-year.html

There’s also been some less than reliable reports about JC planning to hide out in the Dominican Republic to avoid criminal charges. Sounds far fetched but nonetheless I would not put it past the old boy.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

The lawyers are de graveding the Congressional investigation of Juan Carlos I that Asked for Podemos.

They oppose a parliamentary investigation even for the post-abdication period. PSOE and PP have already announced their rejection of the investigation.
https://www.abc.es/espana/casa-real/...ZJ_aOZXplzxfz0
Old 06-16-2020, 05:34 AM
Courtier

Bigger article from vanity fair Spain (needs google translate) about JC wanting to possibly abscond to the Dominican Republic:

https://www.revistavanityfair.es/rea...a-felipe/44754
Old 06-16-2020, 05:59 AM
Nobility

King Juan Carlos cannot be investigated by parliament, because it is the legislature power, he can only be investigated by judges. Podemos, they know of this but it is a political party of republican. The Prosecutor of Spain, is investigating to King Juan carlos by a possible delict of tax fraud, for having accounts abroad and not having it declared in the Spanish public treasury, from 2014 to the present day, because from 2006 to 2014, he was Head of State and he was immune, it is a prerogation of Constitution. However of this investigation by the prosecution, it is presumed that Prosecution will have to call King Juan Carlos to take a statement of the alleged tax crimes, of it, the justice could open a new cause againt Corinna .
Many Spaniards who think that Corinna is looking for a way to avoid having to answer for the Spanish justice. This investigation of tax fraud against the King is the door to investigate King Juan Carlos' lover
and King Juan Carlos by their business. It was obvious that she is also worried.
Old 06-16-2020, 06:21 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't believe King Juan Carlos is going to live outside Spain or something like being arrested. He must pay a fine or at most give the money to the state.
Obviously, the government at the time knew what was going on, so the main political parties didn't even want this investigation.
This process should be filed soon and then will be forgotten.
Corina may have problems, as she helps King Juan Carlos hide the money and knew everything. Who knows what this woman hides and what shady business she had/has with other people. She thinks she's very smart.

Breaking News: PSOE, PP and Vox have rejected at the of Congress the commission of inquiry on the actions of Juan Carlos I after his abdication requested by Unidas Podemos and other formations, such as ERC, JxCat or Más País. They say that the inviolability of the emeritus king is permanent.

https://elpais.com/espana/2020-06-16...box=1592302701
Old 06-21-2020, 10:17 AM
Majesty

https://www.elmundo.es/espana/2020/0...05c8b4648.html

the telegraph reported that Josep Cusí, racing partner of JC, paid more than half of the honeymoon trip that Don Juan Carlos gave F&L and that took them to Cambodia, Samoa, Mexico, Fiji Islands, USA (including California). the businessman paid $ 269,000 (240,000 euros at the current exchange rate) of the total of 467,500 (418,000 euros).
Old 06-21-2020, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Felipe and Letizia got married 16 years ago, why are they revealing it now? Who is behind this attempt to tarnish the monarchy and the present Kings of Spain?
This is all very strange and I even have my suspicions about who might be behind this.
It's very sad....
Old 06-21-2020, 10:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post

Felipe and Letizia got married 16 years ago, why are they revealing it now? Who is behind this attempt to tarnish the monarchy and the present Kings of Spain?
This is all very strange and I even have my suspicions about who might be behind this.
It's very sad....
what is your view on this Blog Real?

my thinking is that this is part of the ongoing instruction/investigation of JC's corruption allegations, so it is getting reported as info becomes available.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Juan Carlos met Corinna in February 2014, at that time she worked in a company that was dedicated to organizing luxury hunts around the world ... he decided to hire Corinna to organize the Prince of Asturias' honeymoon, which was his gift. She probably took a good amount of money for organizing it, but that does not leak to the press.

Corinna has legal problems because of her financial affairs with Juan Carlos, she tried to get the Royal House to stop the investigations about her ... but since they have not done so, she continues to leak information to the press that may somehow involve Felipe.

In Spain, Podemos and the independentists (the British journalist who publishes this information is known for his tweets supporting these groups), use this information in their campaign against the Crown.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Juan Carlos met Corinna in February 2014, at that time she worked in a company that was dedicated to organizing luxury hunts around the world ... he decided to hire Corinna to organize the Prince of Asturias' honeymoon, which was his gift. She probably took a good amount of money for organizing it, but that does not leak to the press.

Corinna has legal problems because of her financial affairs with Juan Carlos, she tried to get the Royal House to stop the investigations about her ... but since they have not done so, she continues to leak information to the press that may somehow involve Felipe.

In Spain, Podemos and the independentists (the British journalist who publishes this information is known for his tweets supporting these groups), use this information in their campaign against the Crown.
Exactly. This is all a campaign to discredit the crown. How do you think this situation is going to end?
Old 06-21-2020, 12:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post

You mean the couple met in 2004, not 2014.

What is known and is undisputed is that since Juan Carlos and Corinna got involved there has been some shady, illegal, and illegitimate financial transactions.

It is only in just the past few years that the King's shady business dealings have come to light. It is not surprising for people to wonder or inquire who else has benefitted from that- and that includes the Felipe and Letizia.
They too could have very well benefitted (let's hope unknowingly) from Juan Carlo's dealings. It is an honest question given light of the inquiries.
Old 06-21-2020, 01:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Juan Carlos and his relationship with money has always been complicated.

He was a king who came from a family in exile, with few resources to be a Royal Family and that when his reign began he had a very doubtful future.
Their financial endowment from the State has never been large and they do not have a large patrimony (all the patrimony of their ancestors belongs to the State). So it is normal that he has been concerned with accumulating a certain fortune.

On the other hand, I think that in a way, Juan Carlos could not have made many of his economic movements, if the successive governments had not looked the other way ... because probably everyone, politicians and businessmen, were also interested.

Nor does the attitude of Juan Carlos seem very different from that of other royal families, who frequently accept gifts or invitations from businessmen.
Old 06-21-2020, 01:48 PM
Nobility

This is true that the economic endowment of King Juan Carlos is low, compared to other monarchies. But, he can perfectly do business, it is legal, he can have a personal fortune. He can invest in the stock market, be a shareholder, business owner ... What's more, he has an administrator of his fortune. For me, it is normal that he has made a private fortune, it is not illegal. He has had a relationship with Spanish businessmen, and he could perfectly have done business or investments in these companies, this is totally legal. It is logical that he has increased his fortune, because he has met important entrepreneurs, and this has given him the possibility of investing his fortune. The king is free to invest his money.

The important thing: Corinna is being investigated in London, and in Switzerland where she has an open case in justice, she is even investigated by Spain, for having created an alleged business , I do not know exactly what is the word in English, It would be that she has favored taking money from important Arab, even Spanish, businessmen to tax havens.

She defends herself by trying to say that this is not true, and for this she tries to justify that the money she received was legal. How? saying that King Juan Carlos donated it legally through an account he had in Switzerland.

In Spain this bank account is being investigated, because it was not declarated in Spain. Saying that the money came from commissions charged to the Saudi King of Arabia for public works awards in favor of Spanish companies, is an accusation that has been launched by Corinna, the Spanish Supreme Court itself, says that Corinna's claims are not valid because she was the King's mistress (and we all know that she aspired to be queen of Spain), the King left her, because of the scandal that was created in Spain when it was discovered that she was his lover, and she acts in a vengeful way by it. Her testimony has no probative value of the facts. She has not provided any evidence on her claims.

It does not seem correct to me that this is trying to put under suspicion everything that King Juan Carlos has done, her investments, the entrepreneurs with whom he has done business, none of this is illegal.

I believe that King Juan Carlos is being the victim of a lynching of the media. He can have business, and he can have a private fortune. This is legal. What is being investigated in a specific case that goes from 2006 to almost today, and is that bank account in Switzerland.
Old 06-21-2020, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

And this swiss bank account may probably no longer exist.
Corinna's having a vengeful attitude. She took advantage of the King to make money and now wants to ruin his life.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Juan Carlos is a man of the past and his dealings reflect what was perfectly normal at the time. Of course today, most of those dealings would be labelled shady or even criminal/illegal. Makes sense that both main parties don't want to support any investigation, Juan Carlos companions along the years will have been involved or done the same.

They had a country to build up and of course you don't do that for free at the end.

But it's a perfect topic to annoy the man of the future, Felipe because the topic has the potential to drag on for years, especially when Juan Carlos passes.
By the way, Corinna was also 'hired' to find Inaki a job and she offered him a post at Laureus organisation, but Inaki thought it was not paid well enough.
They all posed at 2006 Barcelona Laureus awards:
https://www.alamy.de/stockfoto-datei...134030145.html
Old 07-05-2020, 07:58 AM
Courtier

https://elpais.com/espana/2020-07-04...el-dinero.html

Corina claims that the 65mil euros was a gift as a thank you after her relationship with Juan Carlos ended - needs google translate

English language article on same subject - less detailed than el Pais one though

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2020/...r#.XwHBOi14Ygo
Old 07-05-2020, 08:45 AM
Majesty

""

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Juan Carlos is a man of the past and his dealings reflect what was perfectly normal at the time. Of course today, most of those dealings would be labelled shady or even criminal/illegal. Makes sense that both main parties don't want to support any investigation, Juan Carlos companions along the years will have been involved or done the same.

They had a country to build up and of course you don't do that for free at the end.

But it's a perfect topic to annoy the man of the future, Felipe because the topic has the potential to drag on for years, especially when Juan Carlos passes.
By the way, Corinna was also 'hired' to find Inaki a job and she offered him a post at Laureus organisation, but Inaki thought it was not paid well enough.
They all posed at 2006 Barcelona Laureus awards:
https://www.alamy.de/stockfoto-datei...134030145.html

You make several different points and, since I am not following the case closely, I cannot really comment in any substantive way, but allow me to raise only a few issues for discussion.

1. Accepting kickbacks (i.e. bribes) from companies or foreign nations to give them some unfair advantage is not "perfectly normal", not now and not "at the time", much less for a Head of State and a King. Neither is "perfectly normal" to set up secret (undeclared) accounts with the specific intention to evade taxes which would otherwise be due for residents of a particular country. I am not saying that JC did any of those things, as that has not been conclusively proven IMHO, but, if he did, again it was not nomal (and, furthermore, I doubt that Felipe, as the beneficiary of those overseas accounts or at least the one in Panama, didn't know anything about it as he claims).
  2. Nothing of what JC allegedly did in this case had anything to do with what he "had to do" to "rebuild the country". All of those allegations refer to private benefits for himself, his lover and his family (including his son) and have no connection with the welfare of Spain.
  3. The allegations notwithstanding, it is undeniable that JC played a major role in rebuilding Spain post Franco and, especially, in rebuilding the Spanish monarchy which, in my most humble opinion, is the ideal model of monarchy for the 21st century, i.e. a perfect blend/balance of historical tradition/institutions and modern constititutional elements (not only with respect to the Royal House properly, but also to the nobility and the broader honors system). In that sense, I think JC will always be one of the most important historic figures of Spain or even Western Europe in the late 20th century, regardless of his private and possibly shady businesses.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:31 PM
Courtier

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_n...box=1594047776

The official English version of the el pais article I posted earlier

Claims from Mexico that Juan Carlos and ex president Salinas were involved in similar property deals

https://www.lapoliticaonline.com.mx/...ming-to-light/

Tags
abu dhabi, corruption, dubai, juan carlos, spain, uae customs