The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-26-2020, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
That's on national day, why not return on a day when you get maximal attention. Maybe he can even gatecrash the parade. I only believe that JC returns to Spain when I see it. Where should he stay without being chased by the paparazzi? That's something only the Arabs could do for him, total privacy in luxury.
The article was in vanitatis which is not the most reliable source.
I say lets wait and see if the old king does return.

Old 09-26-2020, 05:50 PM
Nobility

Honestly, all the Scandal that has been formed by his departure from Spain, and now he says that he is going to return, it does not make sense.I would say that the image of King Juan Carlos is now worse than before he left. I don't think he's going to come back right away.

Old 09-27-2020, 01:56 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The article was in vanitatis which is not the most reliable source.
I say lets wait and see if the old king does return.
Perhaps journalist/friend Carlos Herrera is putting out the possibility of a return just to be provocative, to see if there is any support whatsoever for JC's return to Spain.

There is still the business of the Catalonian Omnium Cultural apparent beef with JC, raising a big stink with the Swiss Government asking them to freeze his ill gotten gains still sitting in their banks. According to WreathofLaurels article several members of the Swiss Federal Assembly have requested further investigations, refusing to take "no" for an answer. https://www.omnium.cat/en/omnium-cul...ss-parliament/

JC is in so much hot water! There are so many layers to his ongoing messes. Sophia, Corinna, divorce/no divorce!
He is 82 years old, he needs to give it all a rest and stay put in Abu Dhabi.
Old 09-27-2020, 11:49 AM
Aristocracy

As I said in a previous post I can only foresee a return by JC in extremis ie. with a terminal illness and being allowed home to die in Spain. I think it is established that he has entered a kind of exile, no public duties on behalf of the country, no official assignation, he has to all intents and purposes "disappeared". A return to Spain would only provoke calls for some kind of investigation, trial etc. which will lose impetus the longer he stays away. Out of sight, out of mind.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:52 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRIS1983 View Post
Honestly, all the Scandal that has been formed by his departure from Spain, and now he says that he is going to return, it does not make sense.I would say that the image of King Juan Carlos is now worse than before he left. I don't think he's going to come back right away.
I agree, I doubt Juan Carlos will return to Spain and the article stating he would did surprise me (though not when I read it was from Vanitatis, which as I understand is more along the lines of the Daily Mail).

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-27-2020, 09:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Corinna wouldn't be the first disgruntled mistress who dislikes the wife of her lover. Neither would JC be the first lover who tells his mistress that he wants a divorce but that due to practicalities he can't. These kind of stories are as old as the road to Rome.

In how far there were actually plans for a divorce is open to question. I can't see the King -while in full possession of his mental capabilities- being naïve enough to think in the 2010s that he could get away with making Corinna Spain's queen. Although JC may have told Corinna that he wanted a divorce I think it does not necessarily mean that he was planning a divorce himself.
I think the only thing that made Corinna special was that she happened to be the woman JC was with when he finally got caught in a way that couldn’t be ignored.

I don’t know what JC may have told Corinna but if he told her how special she was and of course he’d marry her if only his wife wasn’t so difficult and so many people weren’t working against him, and she believed him then, IMO, she should feel pretty humiliated that she fell for the line men have been using to string their mistresses along since time out of mind. That’s something I would have kept to myself.

Who knows how many women heard the same story from JC over the decades? What should be clear after the Botswana debacle was that he was never going to divorce his wife and not because said wife was trapping him in the marriage. JC supposedly spent years with Corinna; she’s made a point of saying how much he loved her and adored her son, (whether that was true or not is anyone’s guess),
But when the choice came down to continuing to see Corinna vs continuing to be King of Spain he dropped her and never looked back.

JC and Sofia have been united by their common goal in life - the continuation of the Spanish monarchy. They may have wished many times over the years that there was a way to make that happen without the two of them having to stay together, but I doubt either of them ever seriously contemplated walking away.
Old 09-29-2020, 06:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Corinna keeps talking....
Ex-mistress of Spain's scandal-hit former King Juan Carlos claims his son Felipe VI was 'embarrassed' when they met - and admits she avoided contact with her lover's children because they made her feel 'uncomfortable'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-children.html
Old 09-29-2020, 12:12 PM
Aristocracy

Dear Corrina feels she was wronged, what a pity. This must be the pitfall if one hang's on the shirttail of a married man. Wow she felt uncomfortable, that works for me,did she ever ask herself how Q Sofia and their children felt??
Old 10-02-2020, 03:01 AM
Courtier

The police cheif who recorded corinna’s statements about JCs business dealings claims that he was made to at the behest of Spain’s intelligence services

https://amp.elmundo.es/espana/2020/1...2308b4624.html
Old 10-02-2020, 05:42 AM
Majesty

Does that mean that He had to abdicate ?
After the Abdication of our King Albert II , we have now a new Princess!
Old 10-03-2020, 10:44 PM
Courtier

Profile on Shahpari Azam Zanganeh, Ex wife of Adnan Khasoggi and Business associate of King Juan Carlos in Saudi Arabia. She’s the one who did most of the actual leg work in SA for the king not Corinna, according to this article.

https://www.lavanguardia.com/politic...html?facet=amp
Old 10-06-2020, 04:26 AM
Courtier

Corinna is giving another interview this time with OKDiario - here’s part one, I’m not sure when part two is happening.

https://okdiario.com/investigacion/c...dinero-6232699

More info about the above https://www.magacin.com/personajes/n...uiza-y-madrid/
Old 10-06-2020, 05:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Does that mean that He had to abdicate ?
After the Abdication of our King Albert II , we have now a new Princess!
I think he had to abdicate. His financial dealings were catching up iwth him....
Old 10-06-2020, 06:36 AM
Courtier

And here’s part two

https://okdiario.com/investigacion/c...os-6238204/amp
Old 10-06-2020, 07:19 AM
Commoner

Corinna lies, because she was the one who said that the Juan Carlos money, 2008, was from the AVE commission, however, a month ago, the consortium of companies that made the AVe said that this was not possible, because that work was awarded in 2011, and Shahpari Azam Zanganeh confirms this. In addition Shahpari Azam Zanganeh says that she was the intermediary for the management of the award of the work, and that she was hired by the Spanish consortium (she is an intermediary, she works on it) Corinna was not the intermediary as she said and as she has led to believe to the Swiss justice, it even seems that it was going to be her version before the Spanish judge. This is curious, Corinna has granted this interview, after the Consortium declared it, now in the new interview given to OK Diario, she says that it is not a commission of the AVE.
Old 10-06-2020, 01:33 PM
Aristocracy

It seems Darling Corrina is giving the former king and her lover a kick in the rear,so he gets rolled over by a Bus. Well isn't she s sweetheart , she has the need to look good. Me calling her a Darling and sweetheart is not an endearment, but something different.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:12 PM
Courtier

This link has more clips of the interview

https://okdiario.com/tag/corinna-sayn-wittgenstein/
Old 10-07-2020, 03:18 PM
Commoner

Oh my goodness, is there are monarch left, Sweden, GB, Spain and Monaco is through, more mistresses to come out with stories?
I wonder how the younger generation will deal or be dealt with possibly committed adultery concerning social media and the more and more transparency in our modern societies-if they remain being monarchs, though it is as old as the road to Rome.

I wonder a lot why miss Larsen talks so much, I mean does she still need money?
her son will feel humilated, I cannot understand how a mother can risk this.
she used to run a business, too and her rather exclusive partners will not appreciate her delicate news in the press every now and then.
is she just getting too old and bored in normal life and seeks attention?
or is there more and she has to fear getting into and being left the victim in the fiscal investigations?
Dios mio!
Old 10-13-2020, 07:45 AM
Courtier

Excellent synopsis of all this From the telegraph:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/luxury/s...e_AwCn1xNrt5Yw
Old 10-19-2020, 12:42 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-Simpson.html
Corinna keeps talking to the telegraph, comparing herself to Wallis S.

Tags
abu dhabi, corruption, dubai, juan carlos, spain, uae customs