King Juan Carlos - Fiscal Investigations, Inheritance and Exile : 2018-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh boy! This is not good at all!

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/king...amily-investigation-credit-card-misuse-746927

dig and you shall find.
no surprise that the family used secret accounts to finance their lifestyle
you can't settle everything with a suitcase full of money so you need a construct that works with credit cards.

The good thing is that, once again, Felipe, Letizia and their daughers were not implicated.

But apparently "unnamed grandchildren" of Juan Carlos and Sofia might be. Elena's or Cristina's children possibly.

King Juan Carlos presents a proposal for a fiscal regularization.
The Treasury must respond in the next few days if it accepts the request of the emeritus or asks for more clarifications and what is the amount that should be paid.

https://elpais.com/espana/2020-12-0...ion-para-regularizar-su-situacion-fiscal.html

https://elpais.com/espana/2020-12-0...r-mas-de-500000-euros-de-ingresos-opacos.html

https://elpais.com/espana/2020-12-06/una-confesion-que-evita-un-delito.html

A sensible move by the emeritus king which can ease the pressure on him or even get him off the hook.

List of Spanish consorts

EDIT: Based on the list linked above, Mercedes de Orléans, the first wife of Alfonso XII, was born in Spain even though her father was French. So I must rectify my previous statement from "all queens consort" to "almost all queens consort".

Not only was she born and raised in Spain, she was born as an Infanta of Spain.

The good thing is that, once again, Felipe, Letizia and their daughers were not implicated.

But apparently "unnamed grandchildren" of Juan Carlos and Sofia might be. Elena's or Cristina's children possibly.

A sensible move by the emeritus king which can ease the pressure on him or even get him off the hook.

Yes, definitely a first step in the right direction. Next move by the treasury to accept or request more information.

The King emeritus pays 678,000 euros to catch up with the Treasury.
His defense states in a statement that King Juan Carlos is "at the disposal" of the Prosecutor's Office for any "procedure or action".

https://www.larazon.es/espana/20201209/3kjpuq57erfi3h7ybbhxitmjdy.html

It appears the payment of €678,393.72 to the Treasury is just the beginning.

This is one of the three investigations the Supreme Court Prosecutor's Office has open in relation to Juan Carlo's credit card scheme.

"In addition to these events, the Supreme Court Prosecutor's Office is also investigating the one hundred million dollars (64.8 million euros) that Don Juan Carlos received in 2008 from the then King of Saudi Arabia, Abdalá bin Abdulaziz al-Saúd, supposedly as a commission for his intermediation work in the award of the construction works of the AVE from Medina to Mecca. An amount that he transferred to Corinna Larsen in 2012".

"Finally, the Supreme Prosecutor Ignacio Campos also investigates the King Emeritus after alerting the Money Laundering Prevention Service (Sepblac) of the existence of a financial trust on the island of Jersey, a traditional tax haven in the English Channel , of which the King emeritus would be the beneficiary, and in which, according to La Sexta, almost ten million euros would have been deposited and from which a suspicious transfer would have been detected."

It seems like Emeritus King Juan Carlos won't be returning to Spain anytime soon.

It seems like Emeritus King Juan Carlos won't be returning to Spain anytime soon.

I think it will be a very long time before we see Juan Carlos back in Spain.

I'm stunned how much money it is. The payments look like bribes.

€678,393.72 is nothing! It is barely 1% of the €64 million the King received.

What a farce!

I can't begin to imagine what the people in Spain (especially those being hit financially by the virus) can think !

:previous:The €678,393.72 is just the beginning, a drop in the bucket, of what's ahead for Juan Carlos.

Yes it's nothing.
I wonder if he sends christmas greetings from Abu Dhabi this year to the Spanish people.

Goodness knows what 2021 will bring for the former monarch ,he won't have his family around him this Christmas and will be his 1st in exile since his childhood.

Several Speculative posts and replies have been removed, as per the TRF rules on speculation:

Quote:
Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The Moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.

:previous:

An article on the same topic but in English, from El Pais:

Spain’s former King Juan Carlos I makes second payment in a bid to regularize his tax affairs

After paying more than €678,000 to the Spanish authorities in December, he has now handed over more than €4 million to cover undeclared payments in kind totaling €8 million

Spain’s emeritus king Juan Carlos I has made a second payment to the country’s Tax Agency in a bid to regularize his fiscal situation after he received undeclared income over a number of years. The former monarch, who abdicated from the throne in 2014 and has been mired by accusations of wrongdoing regarding his finances in recent years, has handed over more than €4 million to the tax authorities to cover up to €8 million he received in payments in kind, sources with knowledge of the situation have told EL PAÍS.

Amid the investigations into his financial affairs last year, Juan Carlos I – who is the father of the current king, Felipe VI – opted to leave Spain and has been living in the United Arab Emirates since the summer. In December 2020, he made a first payment to the Tax Agency of €678,393 to pay off a debt that corresponded to the tax years of 2016 to 2018 – after he abdicated the throne, he lost the full immunity from prosecution that he had enjoyed up until that point. When he made this payment, he was admitting that he had committed fraud, but by regularizing the outstanding amount before being informed of the opening of an official probe he avoided facing the courts for the offenses.

This voluntary declaration of €8 million relates to flights from a private jet company that he used and that were paid for until 2018 by a foundation called Zagatka, owned by his distant cousin Álvaro de Orleans, sources close to the case have told EL PAÍS. The use of these flights is considered to be a payment in kind and is subject to income tax (known as IRPF) in Spain.

The Zagatka foundation was created in Liechtenstein on October 1, 2003. Its main beneficiary is Orleans, a 73-year-old engineer and entrepreneur. According to the foundation’s statutes, it was created to help the then-king of Spain in recognition of his contribution to democracy in Spain. Juan Carlos I played a key role in the Transition, when Spanish society moved from the end of the dictatorship of Francisco Franco to a full democracy in the late 1970s. The second beneficiary of the foundation was a son of De Orleans, followed by Juan Carlos I and then Felipe VI, in the case of the death of the Orleans. In fifth place were Juan Carlos’s daughters, Elena and Cristina de Borbón.

Read more here.

:previous:

An article on the same topic but in English, from El Pais:

Read more here.

Interesting. What else is known about this Zagatka foundation, for example, where did its funds come from? Were the Orléans cousins used as front to hide JC's secret funds and are Felipe VI and his sisters still among the beneficiaries of the Foundation?

I believe they are talking about a son of D. Alvaro d'Orleans Borbon (of the Galliera line), a great-grandson of the Infanta Eulalia and a great-great-grandson of the Duke of Montpensier. His two sons are called Andrea and Alois.

A Son of the Orleans certainly the Duc of Anjou and Cadaval ?

No. The person who speaks the article is Álvaro de Orleans-Borbón.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infante_Álvaro,_Duke_of_Galliera

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...-primo-rey-juan-carlos-corinna-suiza_2477775/

Sánchez translates his "deep rejection" to the "uncivic behaviors" of Don Juan Carlos

The President of the Government conveys to Felipe VI all his support: "People are judged, not institutions".

The President of the Government today reiterated the "feeling of disruption and discomfort for the Government" involved in the information on don Juan Carlos' tax adjustments for representing "unciable conduct".

In an extraordinary appearance before the Press since La Moncloa, the President of the Government has expressed a "feeling of rejection of this information", pointing out that "if anyone has committed irregulars what he has to do is repair them".

In turn, the President of the Government has argued that "the current Royal House has marked a before and after in exemplaryness", and has assured that "the present King has my full support". In this sense, he has again insisted that "institutions are not being judged".

However, with regard to his ability to benefit from tax adjustments, Sánchez has denied that Don Juan Carlos is receiving favor treatment - "not at all"- And in this sense he has asked "not to question the autonomy and professionalism of the Tax Agency", when he has been asked for the reasons why the Treasury has not opened an inspection to Don Juan Carlos.

Sanchez has defended the need to "repair" these conduct through tax adjustments, stressing that it falls within "the rights of all taxpayers". Another thing, he said, is "the reproach of the social majority" he has said he has said to share.

What Pedro Sánchez has avoided is whether the Government prefers Don Juan Carlos to remain outside Spain, that his coalition partner considers a "flight from justice", or whether the Executive argues that he should return to Spain. The President referred to it as "personal decisions" in which I do not enter.

https://www.abc.es/espana/abci-sanc...civicas-juan-carlos-202102261434_noticia.html

Last edited by a moderator:
King Juan Carlos does not consider any other regularization

Whether by spontaneous will to order your situation, as a strategy to avoid a tax crime in the face of informal knowledge that you are being investigated or to pave the way for a future return, the point is that Don Juan Carlos has paid exactly 4,395,901.96 euros to the Treasury in a second regularization of tax debt. The sources in your environment consulted by ABC take it for example that it is the last. There's no need for anything else to come out.
https://www.abc.es/espana/abci-juan...otra-regularizacion-202102261933_noticia.html

There's nothing new in that article from what I gather just rehashing the entire sordid affair .

King Juan Carlos could be preparing his final retirement in Abu Dhabi

King Juan Carlos I is scheduled to return to Spain in June. Apparently, as they have revealed in 'Vozpópuli', the monarch plans to spend several days staying at the La Zarzuela Palace, which was his official residence for almost 60 years. However, it seems that this will be a fleeting visit, as after this he will return to the United Arab Emirates. As reported by the aforementioned media, Felipe VI's father has begun to build a house in Abu Dhabi to settle there permanently.
https://www.diezminutos.es/familia-real/monarquia-espanola/a36530281/rey-juan-carlos-planes-futuro/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom