King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia Picture Thread, Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elsa M.

Heir Apparent , TRF Author
City
--
Country
Portugal
Welcome to the new picture thread for King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia.

The old thread can be found here

Please keep in mind our
Posting Rules & Guidelines:
*this thread is for pictures of older events;
*do not forget providing sources for all images and articles;
*don’t forget to use a photo host account; pictures attached to the forum may be deleted by the moderators without warning to the poster.

Have fun!

I'll open this new thread with a picture of Sofia and Vaclav Havel in 1990 :) :

23h6161.jpg

(Bunte)

K, you're........ a True Star! :lol: :flowers: Thank you very much!

BTW, pardon my ignorance but who is Vaclav Havel? :blush: :mellow:

He is or was.. (don't know for sure) the President of the Czech Republic

Mari_* said:
He is or was.. (don't know for sure) the President of the Czech Republic
He was:). He is not the president any more for 2-3 years, I think. Moreover, he is a very good playwriter.

Last edited:
...JuAnItA... said:
K, you're........ a True Star! :lol: :flowers: Thank you very much!

BTW, pardon my ignorance but who is Vaclav Havel? :blush: :mellow:

And thank you as well for that, J :) I had to smile about your little discussion about Mr Havel :) He was president from 1989 till 2003, at first of Czechoslovakia and later of the Czech Republic.

A very nice pic from 1988:

23rmtsl.jpg

(RM)

Here are several pics I have not seen here before.
My favourite pics of these are the one with Diana and the one with the blue dress - what great colours!

256y4q9.jpg
256y58g.jpg
256y5c0.jpg
256y6op.jpg
256y712.jpg
256y73k.jpg
256y79f.jpg
256y7f9.jpg
256y7he.jpg

(cover)

Lovely pictures! :) I like the one with Princess Diana. Gosh I miss Princess Diana. May Allah have mercy on her soul.

A picture together with Queen Fabiola and King Baudouin of Belgium, they all look so young..:)
25evfr6.jpg

(Bunte)

Queen Sofia is so beautiful & classy! thanks for those pictures iceflower! :flowers:

Love that first pic Iceflower! It looks a little uncomfortable though but she seems to like it!:in_love:

Pictures

I have never seen those pictures before Queen Sonja looks beautiful in the photos, she is so elegant, I like her a lot.:flowers:

From their engagement period. By Hola:

Elsa, thanks for those pics!:flowers:
One question: the young man with them in the first picture is Prince Charles, right? he looked sooooooooooo young! ;)

Queen Sofia is elegant and married over 40 to King Juan Carlos. She is love royal family of Spain and she is sister to King Constantine of Greece.

crisiñaki said:
the young man with them in the first picture is Prince Charles, right? he looked sooooooooooo young!
Yes, he is... and I agree, he looks funnily young...:D

Thanks for all the amazing pictures. Queen Sofia is so elegant!
A quick question: Does anybody have any pics of her when she was a little girl? I've seen the ones from photo agencies such as 'corbis', but wondered if you had any old books or magazines with pictures in!

I hope somebody will be kind enough to help!
Sofia :flowers:

...sOfIa.... said:
Thanks for all the amazing pictures. Queen Sofia is so elegant!
A quick question: Does anybody have any pics of her when she was a little girl? I've seen the ones from photo agencies such as 'corbis', but wondered if you had any old books or magazines with pictures in!

I hope somebody will be kind enough to help!
Sofia :flowers:

Queen Sofia was profiled at the November 2004 newsletter, and there are some pictures of her as a little girl there

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f52/nov-royal-month-queen-sofia-spain-3840.html

Queen Sofia could be wearing sport clothes and she'll still look wonderful. She is naturally elegant.

Vanesa.

Sofia with Queen Noor and King Hussein in 1993:

40bl288.jpg

(Semana)

wow K, thank you very much for the pic!
Two very stylish ladies: Noor and Sofia, very good friends!:flowers:

Some older pictures of the King and Queen of Spain that I'd like to share. all pictures from Farabola Foto, Italy.

1st picture: Infanta Cristina wedding in Barcelona
2nd picture: in Sweden
3rd picture: in Rome

crisiñaki said:
wow K, thank you very much for the pic!
Two very stylish ladies: Noor and Sofia, very good friends!:flowers:

I'm glad you liked the pic :flowers: Here is another one of Sofia and Noor, this time together with Queen Sonia, it was taken in Egypt in 1990:

4dx59x3.jpg

(FIS)

Mon and Zarzuela, thanks for the nice pics of the couple :)

Thank you very much for the photos, sis! :flowers:

I hate this watermarks!!! The other ones were better!! :mad: :mad:

And thank you very much for all the photos, my dear K! :flowers:
I've to say something: the style of Queen Sofia is much better now! Honnestilly i think fashion of the 80's and the 90's was...... terrible! I'm glad that fashion is better now... :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
You are most welcome dear J :flowers: :flowers:
And lula, that portrait from Hola is wonderful and the pics from the Fundación Reina Sofía do give a very good review on her social work all over the world. Thanks for posting!

The couple in Denmark in 1992:

2sbms5u.jpg

(FIS)

Here some beautiful photos of Queen Sofia :wub: A special gift from my sis :wub:

(source: Alpha Press)

Back
Top Bottom