King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia Picture Thread, Part 1 (November 2002 - August 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
iceflower said:
Sofia with her brother in 1996, I'm not quite sure about the royal event, as I only cut out that single pic, maybe someone else remembers :)

(FIS)
Really good, indeed!
You're a star, K! ;) Thank you very much!!

I was wondering, if anyone has a photo of Queen Sofia pregnant..?
I've seen many photos of her but i didn't see any of her pregnant.. :rolleyes:

I found these while searching on polfoto.dk. They are from the Princess Sofia regatta in 2002 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You are totaly right, Crisi~~naki,this pic is specially charming, very attractive one.

iceflower said:
Sofia with her brother in 1996, I'm not quite sure about the royal event, as I only cut out that single pic, maybe someone else remembers :)
(FIS)

I believe it was at 50th anniversary of King Carl Gustav of Sweden

maybe she wear glasses to see far away or near. I don't know.
In the second pic, maybe she is telling "they are together" or "they are dating".

rchainho said:
In the second pic, maybe she is telling "they are together" or "they are dating".
:D :D Yeah... this caption is very hilarious! :D

Queen Sophia is much humour and happy his good older!!! She is much beautiful dress near she flying to Thailand june 2006. Queen Sophia is perfect blue dress and with princess of Thailand. Queen Sophia is good wife to King Juan Carlos many marriage over 40th anniversary.!!!!

lula said:
FROM HOLA
Thank you, lula!

Just wondering, why the Queen don't use the first tiara no more?
I mean we don't see the Queen with the first tiara since 1988 (i think...)
And other thing, she didn't use the Prussian Tiara for all these years and she appeared with that tiara in Thailand :rolleyes:

FROM HOLA

King Juan Carlos with Rocío Jurado (Spanish recently deceased singer)

tdarlene said:
I believe it was at 50th anniversary of King Carl Gustav of Sweden
Thank you, tdarlene for trying to help :)
And thanks to all for the great pics, I especially like the HOLA pic of Sofia in silver, lula posted. Simply wonderful :)

The couple in Germany in 1997:

15mlo4l.jpg
15mlogh.jpg
15mlq14.jpg

(ullstein)

salma said:
with Felipe and Elena:

If you cut Felipes hair it is Juan Valentin, the son of Infanta Christina!!!

iceflower said:
The couple in Germany in 1997:
http://i3.tinypic.com/15mlo4l.jpg
(ullstein)
This photo seems to be in the Royal Palace of Madrid..... :confused: Is it?
It really semms the Palacio de Oriente but the other pictures aren't from Spain, i'm almost sure!

...JuAnItA... said:
This photo seems to be in the Royal Palace of Madrid..... :confused: Is it?

Yes, Juanita..I guess you are right. It looks like the Throne's Room in the Palacio de Oriente (Royal Palace) to me. Only there is Helmut Kohl in the photo...:confused:

Vanesa.

Searching through the net I found some real treasures:

with Princess Grace

with Frank Sinatra

beards aren't just Felipe's thing...;)

at the United States, in a gala with Nixon

Source: APL

more...

with the astronauts of the Apollo 11

at his Zarzuela office

The kings of Spain and Belgium

Parliament Opening 1979

with Pope John Paul II in 1979

at the State Visit of HM QEII to Spain in 1988

with Valery Giscard dEstaing (french president) in 1979

Source: APL

wow, the Queen really does an awesome work!
She's an exemplary woman and I admire her a lot:)

crisiñaki said:
She's an exemplary woman and I admire her a lot
Yes, she is a very serious woman with high standards. Unfortunately, she is living in a world today with increasingly low standards and morals. I'm happy that she has not succumbed to these low standards and she continues to be a positive role model and professional.

I'm sure this has been asked already so I apologize for my ignorance, but what are their summer plans? Will they be in Spain working or will they be vacationing elsewhere?

Wallis said:
Yes, she is a very serious woman with high standards. Unfortunately, she is living in a world today with increasingly low standards and morals. I'm happy that she has not succumbed to these low standards and she continues to be a positive role model and professional.

I'm sure this has been asked already so I apologize for my ignorance, but what are their summer plans? Will they be in Spain working or will they be vacationing elsewhere?
I'm glad you think so highly of her!
And for the holidays, the SRF will stay at Marivent Palace in Mallorca, a beautiful Spanish Island in the Mediterranean Sea.;)

You also know my opinion about Queen Sofia, for I post it here more than once. Of course, I share Wallis and Crisiñaki opinion. Sofia is a worth, intelligent, and beatiful Queen. Too good for nowadays, I think! :)

Vanesa.

There are some photos of this lovely couple... :)
(source: cover)

(Source: Hola magazine)
  • In the week before her second grandchild was born Queen Sofia travelled Poland to attend a World Meeting for the children with other Queens and Head of State's wives.

• And Paris to attend a Ballet presentation from Visctor Ullate, where she met Carmen Martínez-Bordíu.

At the end of Ballet Performance the Queen excused herself to Victor saying that she needed to leave immediately because her second grandchild was about to be born.

Enjoy :)!

mtbcm

Thank you very much, mtbcm! :) ;)
Just a question... the Ballet in Paris was in the same week that the trip to Poland? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom