King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia Picture Thread, Part 1 (November 2002 - August 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some from cover.es:
In Thailand:

In Nepal:

In Chile:

In New Zeland:

Here is another lovely one of Their Majesties toasting King Hussein, in Jordan. From magnum photos. :)

And another from magnum photos at Saragossa Military Academy in 1982...to me the Queen looks really different here:

Last edited by a moderator:
In Polonia:

In China:

In Bolivia:

In Australia:

In Nepal:

In Paraguay:

In Oman:

(source: cover)

In New Zeland:

(source: cover)

In Australia:

In Taiwan:

In Zaire:

It's great to see Their Majesties interact with children. I can see why the have such great relationships with their grandchildren.

What did the Queen do to her hair (color) in the 80's?
It looks different depending the angle you are looking at:confused:

Has this been posted before? King Juan Carlos with Empress Farah and the Begum Inaara at the Aga Khan's palace outside Paris, in 1998.
Picture from http://www.ismaili.net

A picture of the Queen in Egypt (2002), visiting her old school and meeting with her classmates. Picture from Al-Ahram weekly newspaper. http://weekly.ahram.org.eg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is one of Queen Sofia.
(source: eastnews)

A very special royal photographer in Turkey 1993 ;)

suvr76.jpg

(Point de Vue)

Thanks for the pics K!
Queen Sofia is known to be a very keen photographer, I would kill for the opportunity to check out her personal album:rolleyes: ;)

For some minutes I thought I was crazy as I could not refind my pic at the place I had put it first, but in this part of the forums, the Moderators work very fine :) So I take the opputunity and say: thank you for your work!

Crisinaki, you are so right, we need to see her albums!!!! :p

For her 50th birthday in 1988 Sofia gave an interview to Royalty Monthly. Asked about the later partners of their children she said:
"I would not mind if Felipe chose a wife who did not come from a noble family, but I would like her to love her work. My children must choose who they will marry, but it is advisable they have a similar education" :)
Here are some pics of that:
v46lg9.jpg
v46ljo.jpg
v46mh1.jpg

(Royalty Monthly)

Thanks K!:)
Not my favourite outfit but still very fashionable for the 80's:rolleyes: :D

Many many thanks K!!! I like the photos! Specially the first and the last one! :)

And I adore the first one, she is so classically beautiful! And I love black and white pictures.:)

Some pics from Bruno Press

With President Jimmy Carter

Last edited:
Thank you soo much, Paty!! The photos are beautiful!! ;)

Beautiful photos! OT, I've always wondered what Jaime, Inaki, and Letizia call the King and Queen in private. Do you think they call them Mama and Papa? Here in the US you can call your parents-in law by their first names and it's fine.

...JuAnItA... said:
Many many thanks K!!! I like the photos! Specially the first and the last one! :)
Me too, she looks so fresh and happy :)
And M, great pics, especially number 1 and 5!

Some Pics from Getty Images.
I hope you like it!

Last edited:
More, Getty

Last edited:
A selectinons of Images of Queen Sofia And King Juan Carlos

segre108uq.th.jpg

Last edited:
More from Seeger Press, the photo 2 and 3 with Gloria Estefan

Last edited:
Mere From Seeger Press

Last edited:
Many thanks, Paty!! Wonderful photos... the Queen really enjoys animals... the photo with the koala is beautiful! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom