Juan Carlos and Sofia's Relationships with their Children-in-law?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ellene

How is Inki perceived to get along with his inlaws ie King Juan Carlos, Queen Sofia & Felipe as opposed to Jaime's relationship with them

I am not a hundred per cent certain of course, but from what I've read, Inaki is the more easy-going of the brother-in-laws. And of course, since Jaime has had his stroke, his personality has become more difficult. But Inaki is more affable and sociable of the two, like Cristina, and because he is fairly athletic, he fits in more with the King and Felipe, who are both quite athletic themselves.

Attachments

• 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 609
  • 0003.jpg
    0003.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 651
  • 0005.jpg
    0005.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 698
  • 0004.jpg
    0004.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 664
  • 0006.jpg
    0006.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 726
  • 0007.jpg
    0007.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 717
  • 0008.jpg
    0008.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 647
  • 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 723
Last edited by a moderator:
Despite the initial reservations about her son's relationship with Letizia, Queen Sofia seems to have warmed up to her daughter-in-law a lot. Letizia seems to look to Queen Sofia for guidance a lot and Queen Sofia seems to be recipircral in that guidance and support. And it looks like the guidance, support and closeness is true, rather than just for show.

See i don't get that feeling from see photos on getty images. Sofia in some looks iritated with Letizia. IMO

Letizia curtesying to the Queen before the memorial for the Pope

(curtesying always looks strange in short skirts IMO)

www.fotobank.com

Attachments

• letizia.jpg
    letizia.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,487
  • letizia 2.jpg
    letizia 2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,376
  • letizia 3.jpg
    letizia 3.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,386
Sofia was very affectionate towards Letizia on that day. She took off her foulard and gave it to Letizia, as it was very cold at night. This gesture is giving rise again to speculations of Letizia being pregnant... ;)

Attachments

• zzzzzzzd63.JPG
    zzzzzzzd63.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 879
  • zzzzzzzd64.JPG
    zzzzzzzd64.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,188
Last edited:
Elsa M. said:
Sofia was very affectionate towards Letizia on that day. She took off her foulard and gave it to Letizia, as it was very cold at night. This gesture is giving rise again to speculations of Letizia being pregnant... ;)

I think Sofia is a very affectionate person, whether it's with her daughters, her grandchildren, her daughter-in-law, other heads of state or their spouses (I am thinking of how she linked arms with Lalla Salma when she last visited Morocco with the King). I think all the stories and comments about Sofia being more royal than royal and being a cold and distant person are a major disservice to the Queen as she seems to be anything but cold and distant. I think one can be mindful of protocol and formalities but also be a warm and affectionate individual.

When they were in Madrid signing a condolense book after the Pope's death.

Attachments

• 71f92d41d0c05g.jpg
    71f92d41d0c05g.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 493
Arriving at the Royal Theatre in January 2004.

Attachments

• tosca01g.jpg
    tosca01g.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 505
I think Sofia is very happy and relieved that her son has chosen a wife that the Spanish people like. Sofia knows importance of keeping up the royal family's popularity in Spain. Since her marriage, she has seen throne her husband sits on was only restored, while her family's throne in Greece has been toppled.

i think they seem very close how often does Sofia and Letzia make offical duties togather? or has it only happned once

Elsa M. said:

Yes, I heard that and it turned out to be true, as Letizia must have been at least two months pregnant at the time. They announced the pregnancy in May, at the beggining of the month, and the Pope died at the beggining of April...

Thanks for the photos. They do seem to have a good relationship when we see them out together. Whether or not they really do get on behind closed doors we will never know. But as long as they put on a good show in public that's ok...I mean not everybody get along with their in-laws all of the time! :kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom