Luxembourg State Visit to Portugal: May 11 - 12, 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
On the invitation of the President of Portugal Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa will pay a state visit to Portugal on May 11 and 12, 2022, it was announced today.

** twitter post **

No hat, no gloves, in pantalon, and that for a State Visit, the highest protocollary level possible.

I can't recall the last time I saw Grand Duchess Maria Teresa wearing a hat and not even for her late father in laws funeral.

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa is trying look more cool ,hip and trendy now ;)

It must be a very special visit for the large Portuguese population of Luxembourg.

GD Maria Teresa:

"In full preparation for the state visit to Portugal which begins tomorrow. Signing of official photos with Liam."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdVVaeWNKZE/

I wonder why Prince Liam is involved as it is unlikely he will ever play an official role for the monarchy.

Was there a state banquet in Lisbon this evening?

Was there a state banquet in Lisbon this evening?

Yes was thinking the same,or maybe as its so lowkey they all went for pizza with trendy GDMT instead ;)

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Was there any reason as to why Grand Duchess Maria Teresa was not wearing any orders last night or was HRH not given a Portuguese order?

Was there any reason as to why Grand Duchess Maria Teresa was not wearing any orders last night or was HRH not given a Portuguese order?
Wondering, too. Even if she didn´t (what I do not believe) she would have worn her own luxembourg decorations!

I think she had a small ribbon and order on her right side.

The Grand Duchess has an portugese order as she wore on at the portugese State Visit to Luxembourg in 2017

Seems she did herown thing like not wearing an Hat for the funeral of her father-in-law for example.

GDMT is too hip and cool for orders and protocol it seems :whistling:

She always followed protocol, at least that's my perception. She probably didn't use orders for some reason we don't know.

In Luxembourg She wore the Sash from right to left perhaps she could not fix it on her black Dress ?
The Duchess of Braganza was the only one to wear a pink Sash

Looks to me like she received the Order of Merit. The arrival video shows both her and the Grand Duke receiving orders.

When you receive an Order , you have to wear it ! A great faux pas !

In Luxembourg She wore the Sash from right to left perhaps she could not fix it on her black Dress ?
The Duchess of Braganza was the only one to wear a pink Sash

I think the pink sash is the Order of Saint Isabel, which is a female order of the House of Braganza. It is not an order of the Portuguese Republic.

The Duchess of Braganza is the Grand Mistress of the order.

Back
Top Bottom