The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-11-2021, 06:47 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

To me it seems she is mainly focussing on France and not on Luxembourg these days. So perhaps she is trying to make sure she can attend society events in Paris with her head high & make people forget about her public humiliation. Making amends in Luxembourg does not seem to belong to her priorities, far from it even.

These kind of self-glorifying articles are rather curious for a royal to participate in, I can not recall many others doing the same. It seems rather narcissistic. And it gets even more bizarre when the Grand Duchess is using outright lies, like her grand-mother-in-law being delighted with the marriage from the start.

Old 10-11-2021, 08:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post

To me it seems she is mainly focussing on France and not on Luxembourg these days. So perhaps she is trying to make sure she can attend society events in Paris with her head high & make people forget about her public humiliation. Making amends in Luxembourg does not seem to belong to her priorities, far from it even.

These kind of self-glorifying articles are rather curious for a royal to participate in, I can not recall many others doing the same. It seems rather narcissistic. And it gets even more bizarre when the Grand Duchess is using outright lies, like her grand-mother-in-law being delighted with the marriage from the start.
Query how long the Grand Duke will carry on in his role, given M-T seems to largely live in France.

Old 10-11-2021, 08:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Since I don't believe Henri is ready to abdicate, he will do it as long as he needs to. This is the new "normal" in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-11-2021, 08:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Since I don't believe Henri is ready to abdicate, he will do it as long as he needs to. This is the new "normal" in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
That could indeed be the way things develop. With Guillame now well married and with an heir, it may not be completely unthinkable to see a change of guard in a few years.
Old 10-11-2021, 09:18 AM
Majesty

I imagine that its a weekend marraige, with the G Duke visiitng her. But she is not likely to be ever doing royal duties in Lux , is she?
Old 10-11-2021, 03:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
An interview by Vanity Fair France with the Grand Duchess, the subtitle of the article is:
a highness who wants to shake up the codes.

Link here.

Translation here.

I am not sure if this was known, AFAIK the version was always that GDss Charlotte was against the wedding and feigned a diplomatic 'cold' so she would not have to attend it:

It seems a PR piece mostly, based on the book about her marriage that she wrote with Stéphane Bern. Bern is also interviewed for the article. Apparently even Fidel Castro was 'seduced by her spirit'...

The author of the article is using some acrobatics to discuss the subject about the Grand Duchess problems in Luxembourg but no critical question is asked while the step taken by PM Bettel is highly exceptional. They come to a rather curious conclusion where the Grand Duchess is comparing herself to the Duke of Edinburgh and 'Kate' - to show how important a partner is to a royal.

I don't think her late mother-in-law was ever mentioned in the article and neither was Grand Duke Jean.
Quote:

Indeed, the question is not so much whether it was known but whether it is true. My take: it isn't. It is just whitewashing by the GDss.

And I agree, she wasn't ousted for doing charity work but for THE WAY IN WHICH she went about things. Which is why such an unusual step was taken to remove her completely. Other royal consorts have been doing fine for decades taking up their own 'side projects' but except for prince Bernhard of the Netherlands (feel free to add other examples) who also received a clear demotion, all others were free to do so because they didn't behave badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Query how long the Grand Duke will carry on in his role, given M-T seems to largely live in France.
According to the GDss a few more years. See previous discussions on this subject in this topic.
Old 10-12-2021, 11:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Grand Duke Henri visited the "Impf-bus", the mobile and walk-in vaccination center to facilitate access to vaccination.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CU7unpmKDlh/

https://monarchie.lu/lu/node/2434
Old 10-14-2021, 01:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Grand Duke Henri visited the vicinity of the Trëtterbaach River, one of the sites in the Natura 2000 network to preserve natural sites for their high value biodiversity.

https://monarchie.lu/fr/actualites/v...e-tretterbaach

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVBC_EuqqcI/
Old Today, 10:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

GD Henri received today new Ambassadors

https://monarchie.lu/lu/node/2442
Old Today, 11:24 AM
Majesty

A lot of Ambassadeurs are for Belgium and Luxembourg.