Grand Ducal Couple's Silver Wedding Celebrations: June 30-July 1, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's what I'm saying Mette-Marit has to stay at the crib taking care of her baby boy until baby boy is at least a 3 year old.

1. Thanks everybody for the pics, every time some royal event is on you people are reaaall fast finding the pics...;)
2. Elena got her hair straightened and got rid of her "helmet-pig-tail" and that red dress is awesome, well it works in someone tall, slender and elegant as her:)
God knows what happened with the Asturias this time and their absence from royal gatherings is getting a patron; since the jordanian wedding in 2004 they haven't gone to any royal event, weird, very weird...:rolleyes:
3. Matilde (as always) looked like the ultimate "fairytale princess", awesome, she's sooooo beautiful and classy...
4. Kalina was :eek:, is she on drugs?, that's the only explanation...:eek:

Thank you so much for the wonderful pictures!

there are some more great pictures at rexfeatures if anyone has an account and is willing to share with us...

Kalina looks awful What was she thinking? :eek:

I screamed out aloud when I saw the pic of Kalina. My husband came running to the computer and wanted to know if she went to a Fancy Dress ball and he just wouldn't believe me when I said she went to a gala dinner and dance.

I'm sure whoever tries to commit her into an institution for wearing that outfit will be committed themself for a 'late arrival'

Stellad

No foto of Maxima, Letizia and Mary the night?

Thanks for the wonderful pictures so far, everyone! I honestly hope with the guestlist of the many royal guests, they would stick around and participate in all the events, but what can we do?
The Luxembourg GD Family looks very great. Alexandra is turning to be a such beautiful princess, while her brothers are becoming handsome young mans (if not already). Maria-Teresa looks fabulous in all the events, as do the Grand Duke.
It's great to see Grand Duke Jean to still have high spirited life, and miggling with his family.

Images of aftenposten

Attachments

• LUXEMBOURG__069659__421010r.jpg
    LUXEMBOURG__069659__421010r.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 277
  • LUXEMBOURG__069661__421011r.jpg
    LUXEMBOURG__069661__421011r.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 352
  • LUXEMBOURG__069663__421007r.jpg
    LUXEMBOURG__069663__421007r.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 323
  • LUXEMBOURG__069664__421008r.jpg
    LUXEMBOURG__069664__421008r.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 295
  • LUXEMBOURG__069665__421009h.jpg
    LUXEMBOURG__069665__421009h.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 338
  • LUXEMBOURG__069666__421005h.jpg
    LUXEMBOURG__069666__421005h.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 279
  • LUXEMBOURG__069655__421006r.jpg
    LUXEMBOURG__069655__421006r.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 336
lis said:
I really want to know if Felipe and Letizia and Fred and Mary and Maxima and William weren´t there

It would be a miracle if Prince William was there; he´s doing it like his granny:
never go abroad for a foreign royal event. Why? Really can´t answer it.

Other royal youngsters start their official duties when they come of age
(with breaks for studying or for the army), but Britain seems to be, like so often, different.:(
I think it would be more and more important for William to mingle with his
continental counterparts for he has to "deal" with them in later times...

No pictures of the swedish royal couple last night? Was the king and queen not attend, why?

johann said:
Well - would have been better, they had sent Kalina to the annual gothic convention instead.

Well, this is nothing new about her - she always looked, at least in the last 10 years, let´s be polite, "a little excentric"...
This outfit reminds me of a domina mistress, only the whip is missing;)

This appearance is, IMO, embarrasing to her parents, the royal guests
and for herself!

more from Getty

Princess Alexandra with her parents, Henri & Maria-Teresa

more from getty

Bulgarian Prince Kyril & Princess Rosario

Princess Margarita & Prince Radu

Belgian Prince Philippe, Princess Mathilde, & Queen Fabiola, also Prince Laurent & Princess Claire

some more from getty

Last edited by a moderator:
This is very strange is it not, we are not seeing any pics of the "top" royals
Beatrix, Silvia and Carl Gustaf, Haakon, Felipe and Letizia , Willem ALexander and Maxima? Have they taken an other entrance i wonder, but then we have seen Philippe and Mathilde:confused:
Here is a better one of Noor and Hamzah yesterday, from Isifa

Attachments

• is_12374350.jpg
    is_12374350.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 40,429
Last edited:
Larzen said:
Beatrix, Silvia and Carl Gustaf, Haakon, Felipe and Letizia , Willem ALexander and Maxima? Have they taken an other entrance i wonder, but then we have seen Philippe and Mathilde:confused:
I was thinking the same thing. It's weird.

Yes, i definetely is weird. Last night I was thinking: well, when I get up in the morning we'll get to see some pics, but no. I'm missing Mary too, btw. :(

Larzen said:
Here is a better one of Noor and Hamzah yesterday, from Isifa

Yes, it is very strange. I have thought that probably since they will have been the last ones to come their photos they have not put them still. Normally, I believe that the most important persons come the last ones, not to have to wait. Because of it the Kings and the Princes inheritors would be the last ones to come. It can be that the Belgians were coming first, after the ducal family because they are a very direct family.

On the Princes of Asturias, their absence would be strange and a bit worrying, because it would mean, that there was a problem of last hour that it prevented them from travelling. The own Prince, the list that has appeared on the guests, and the Agency Efe in this note of yesterday to the midday (state agency of news Spanish which covers all the information of the Royal House) mentioning sources of the own Royal House has confirmed the trip.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/467510-post133.html

So there will be necessary to expect for the photos from everything the lost ones.;)

Larzen said:
I'm beginning to doubt whether they attend the gala dinner at all. It seems kinda strange because we see the Belgian RF arriving together (but no Astrid & Lorenz), and the Netherlands are represented (with Margriet & Pieter), and the Spanish too (Elena & Jaime). It would be strange if the other royals we haven't seen arriving separately & not with the family. The press coverage is not as big as i might've thought.
I wonder whether Haakon, Carl Gustaf & Silvia only attend the 1st day.

On the bright side, at least even though the gala dinner is held at their home, the Grand Ducal Family made an appearance.

Sincerely, I believe that the photos not been placed, because many and all confirmees are absent

SWEDEN
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/462333-post48.html

DENMARK
http://www.kronprinsparret.dk/2000f/Year/2006/Month/7/Day/2

SPAIN
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/467510-post133.html

HOLLAND
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=16257

NORWAY
http://www.kongehuset.no/
H.K.H. Kronprinsen er til stede ved markeringen av DD.KK.HH. Storhertugen og Storhertuginnen av Luxembourgs sølvbryllup - Luxembourg (varer til lørdag 1. juli)

It can trump one but not all;)

I think there will be an official portrait as 5 Years ago...so we will see if Mary, Letizia etc. were there.

I am see great pretty photo Crown princess Mathilde is wow beautiful dress and his husband Crown prince philliphe with his aunt Queen Fabiola. Aunt Queen Fabiola is love prince Philliphe. Queen Fabiola is much beautiful dress with bag.! She is perceft dress and grand old lady royal family of Belgium!

Dressed like a princess, Mary is all style

Crown Princess Mary left her eight-month-old son, Prince Christian, at home while she stepped out in style at a regal European reception this week.
With her handsome husband, Crown Prince Frederik, by her side, the Tasmanian-born Danish royal attended the 25th wedding anniversary celebrations on Friday night for Luxembourg's Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa.
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/07/01/1151174437869.html

photo by : AP

PPE has the first pictures online. Astrid and Lorenz were there too.

Last edited:
now... Nieboer's photos are coming.. they're via PPE

Attachments

• 06070164.jpg
    06070164.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 331
  • 06070170.jpg
    06070170.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2,074
  • 06070169.jpg
    06070169.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 511
  • 06070150.jpg
    06070150.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 539
  • 06070159.jpg
    06070159.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 536
  • 06070183.jpg
    06070183.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 442
  • 06070176.jpg
    06070176.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 388
  • 06070179.jpg
    06070179.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 352
  • 06070171.jpg
    06070171.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 1,652
  • 06070184.jpg
    06070184.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 409
Last edited:
Im having a very bad idea, what if the "Top royals" for security reasons stayed at Castle Berg, so simply they did not have to arrive:eek: because they were already there, it is curious that it is only the most high ranking royals that we have not seen, especially since Nieboer dont have them either.

also from PPE

2 - Edouard Vermeulen
4 - Prinzessin Stephanie und Prinz Erbprinz Bernhard von Baden

Last edited:
Larzen said:
Im having a very bad idea, what if the "Top royals" for security reasons stayed at Castle Berg, so simply they did not have to arrive:eek: because they were already there, it is curious that it is only the most high ranking royals that we have not seen, especially since Nieboer dont have them either.

It also I have thought it, because except the Belgians (and here it is not necessary to forget that they are a family and there is more confidence), all the most important prominent figures are absent, and they might be installed in the own palace. They are many guests and in some place place they would have to install them.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom