King Albert II & Queen Paola - Current Events Part 5

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting , we don't have a lot of pictures of Bevedère Castle inside.
I love Queen Paola wearing a handbag at her home...

Last edited:
Yes the old king and queen are letting us have a few glimpses of inside Belvedere lately looks like a beautiful home.

Look for the differences

The Ambassador of Italy to Belgium Elena Basile was received by King Albert and Queen Paola in their residence, the Belvedere Palace in Brussels.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EMD-8ndWoAAJfwH?format=jpg&name=large

King Albert with Queen Paola receive the Ambassador of Italy Elena Basile in Belvedere
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExZw7caXIAYstyk?format=jpg&name=large

The maker of the second photo had more of an eye for composition ;):flowers:
Would those tables to the right of the first one still be there? :ermm:?

All is done now and as they are both vaccinated they will leave Belgium for
a long holiday. They never attend our National Day on July 21th

Wonderful to see both king Albert and queen Paola at the Prize ceremony in Laeken.

Maybe the old king and queen have no use for it anymore?

Maybe the old king and queen have no use for it anymore?

Probably they can't afford it.. or dont intend to go sailing on a yacht any more.. and can't afford to keep it...

Couldn't King Philippe keep the yacht? or King Philippe has no interest?

I think King Philippe should buy his wife a new tiara. It would be a much better use of his money than buying a yacht.

Probably they can't afford it.. or dont intend to go sailing on a yacht any more.. and can't afford to keep it...

Probably both. They are too old and frail to go sailing (even more so on their own) and keeping a boat and a crew is very expensive.

Last edited:

That's very true and probably best to sell it off.

When King Albert II bought ALPA IV 4.8 millions euros one year later his former which was not big enough a lot of critics in Belgium.

He sells his 28 m yacht now 1.950.000 euros.
Both are to frail now and may understand they sell it.
He was found of Yachts his whole life . When he arrived in a Harbour and saw a bigger one he asked more informations about its owner.
As Wedding present outboard Marine gave them a small yacht and they sold it short after!
In our Army Museum we may see the "Avila" Boat from King Baudouin , what a difference !

Last edited:
:previous:

In the army museum in the Parc du Cinquantenaire? I have been there but I do not remember seeing a boat, though the museum is enormous so perhaps I missed it.

When King Albert II bought ALPA IV 4.8 millions euros one year later his former which was not big enough a lot of critics in Belgium.

He sells his 28 m yacht now 1.950.000 euros.
Both are to frail now and may understand they sell it.
He was found of Yachts his whole life . When he arrived in a Harbour and saw a bigger one he asked more informations about its owner.
As Wedding present outboard Marine gave them a small yacht and they sold it short after!
In our Army Museum we may see the "Avila" Boat from King Baudouin , what a difference !

It is normal that his yacht dropped in price from 4.8 million Euro to 1.95 million Euro. In 2009 it was a brand new yacht. In 2021 it is a 12 years old used yacht. Any buyer will need a firm budget to revise the yacht and update it to current standard.

On itself it is clearly part of the life story of most elderly people: King Albert (87) and Queen Paola (83) probably are no longer able to use the yacht and/or live in the luxury they once enjoyed, and are having to downsize.

I think King Philippe should buy his wife a new tiara. It would be a much better use of his money than buying a yacht.

[...]

On itself for the two or three evenings a year they need some sparkle, they have plenty of jewels. Another cassette with jewels adds not so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
They must need the funds as it been sold for quite a bargain.

The King of the Belgians was criticized when he purchased the yacht. The King of the Netherlands was criticized when he purchased his boat. After all, directly or indirectly, it is the taxpayer who funds their lifestyle, so that makes them vulnerable for criticism.

King Albert's yacht is for staying, dining, sleeping and needs operation by staff. King Willem-Alexander's boat is "just" for making day-trips and is not operated by staff.

Especially that last one (operation by staff) will be arch-expensive and eats money from King Albert's budget. Hap-hap-hap. Like an oldfashioned Pacman game.

Last edited:
This Evening on the last Opening Concert of the Queen Elisabeth Chapel King Albert II and Queen Paola came . I was told that Princess Louise was there too.
I could see the King from my place , He looked so frail. I said yo myself why should a King reign until the end of his life ? he is now 87. King Albert Albert I was 58 and King Baudouin 63 when they passed away.
They were welcomed Sire , Madame, Queen Paola was really lovely , her hairdo was longer and perfect . Very unexpected Evening !

Last edited:
This Evening on the last Opening Concert of the Queen Elisabeth Chapel King Albert II and Queen Paola came . I was told that Princess Louise was there too.
I could see the King from my place , He looked so frail. I said yo myself why should a King reign until the end of his life ? he is now 87. King Albert Albert I was 58 and King Baudouin 63 when they passed away.
They were welcomed Sire , Madame, Queen Paola was really lovely , her hairdo was longer and perfect . Very unexpected Evening !

I watched the concert on YouTube and it was nice to see them both. I saw they had what looked like a granddaughter with them but I couldn’t work out which one but Princess Louise makes sense. This is a link to the concert

Thank you so much for sharing the Concert on you Tube.
I was sitting on the left side of the King and the Queen and saw myself during Count de Launoy Speech.....

Thank you so much for sharing the Concert on you Tube.
I was sitting on the left side of the King and the Queen and saw myself during Count de Launoy Speech.....

You’re welcome. One of the positives that has come out of this pandemic is that more things have become available online (Death and the maiden is one of my favourites). I’ve always admired the way Queen Paola has never fought the ageing process but has gone with it gracefully.

Back
Top Bottom