State visit to Germany, March 29-30, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

At the invitation of Germany's Federal President Christian Wulff King Albert
and Queen Paola will be on a two-day state visit to Germany from March 29th
till March 30th, 2011. The capital Berlin and the city Munich will be visited.

source: monarchie.be

Bettina Wulff, King Albert II of Belgium, Queen Paola, and German President Christian Wulff pose for photographers on the steps of the presidential palace during a welcoming ceremony in Berlin March 29, 2011.

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

German First Lady Bettina Wulff, King Albert II of Belgium, Queen Paola and German President Christian Wulff pose at the entrance to Schloss Bellevue presidential palace during the official two-day visit of the King and Queen to Germany, in Berlin.
March 29, 2011

BelgaPicture - Category details

Thank you to all for the lovely pictures.

Belgium's King Albert (L) and Queen Paola pose in front of the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin, March 29, 2011.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

German President Christian Wulff's wife Bettina Wulff, President of the German League for Child Protection (Deutsche Kinderschutzbund - DKSB) Heinz Hilgers, and Queen Paola of Belgium pose prior to a visit at the DKSB headquarters in Berlin March 29, 2011.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

Pic 3 ** Pic 4

Last edited:
Nice pictures of the king and queen at the Brandenburger Gate! But was there no state diner in the evening? I don't seem able to find any pictures.

In his speech the king referred to his grandmother, Queen ELisabeth, née Duches in Bavaria. The royals will visit duke Franz of Bavaria at Schloss Nymphenburg during the visit.

Nice pictures of the king and queen at the Brandenburger Gate! But was there no state diner in the evening? I don't seem able to find any pictures.

In his speech the king referred to his grandmother, Queen ELisabeth, née Duches in Bavaria. The royals will visit duke Franz of Bavaria at Schloss Nymphenburg during the visit.

According to the Presidents agenda posted above on one of the links, there was just a lunch and no dinner mentioned which I found weird.

there was just a lunch and no dinner mentioned which I found weird.

That's Germany, so it's not much surprising ;):)

Here are the first pics from day 2!

King Albert and Queen Paola pictured at the Nymphenburg Palace in Munich,
during the official two-day visit of the King and Queen to Germany, Wednesday,
30 March 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife gallery ** belga gallery **

Last edited:
The Queen loves pearl necklaces for the moment. No pictures of the evening's dinner ?

Germany State Visit seems the polka dots trip too...
Yesterday nice, today, bored!

I wonder if more Bavarian royals attended the lunch. I believe that either Duchess Gabriele of Croÿ or Duchess Sophie of Arenberg (both half sisters of the late duke Albrecht of Bavaria) is the godmother of prince Laurent. So the king and queen must have been close to them at one point.

During their Visit Germany , all the newspaper spoke about Prince Laurent's unalloyed trip to Congo and some Deputies should like again to abolish the amount Princess Laurent and Princess Astrid receive every year
I don't understand why they published this news when TM were abroad ?

Absolutely! No words needed -once more, Queen Paola's facial expression communicates it all: she wouldn't have cared even if every resident in Germany had watched her and her husband at that moment, I guess;).

Have you been able to see any TV coverage on German television or has there
been any at all? I haven't been able to watch anything during the last two days,
so I am wondering about that.

Queen Paola also had a solo engagement today, she visited the "Alte Pinakothek"
museum in Munich.

** Pic ** isopix gallery **

And here are some articles/galleries about the second day:

** schwaebische.de gallery: Das belgische Königspaar besucht München **

** sueddeutsche.de: Die Royals in München **

** nieuwsblad.be: FOTOSPECIAL. Albert II bezoekt Duitsland (deel 2) **

Have you been able to see any TV coverage on German television or has there
been any at all? I haven't been able to watch anything during the last two days,
so I am wondering about that.
I've just found a short video concerning King Albert's and Queen Paola's state visit to Germany: ZDF heute - ZDFmediathek - ZDF Mediathek
-no idea if there has been broadcasted more on German television, but I must admit that I don't own a televisor:whistling:.
From the Belgian online-television:flowers::Visite d'Etat en Allemagne: le roi Albert a rencontré Angela Merkel. - Sujet par sujet - RTL Info
Visite d'Etat en Allemagne: Yves Leterme critique la visite du prince Laurent au Congo. - Sujet par sujet - RTL Info

Last edited:
no idea if there has been broadcasted more on German television, but I must admit that I don't own a televisor:whistling:

That's charming, not to have one..:flowers: I've asked because I feel that several other royal
visits to Germany (from Spain or Denmark for example) have not been covered in an
appropriate way at least quantitatively seen.

Here you can read the official speeches of Germany's Federal President Christian Wulff and Belgium's King Albert II preceding the lunch at castle Bellevue on March 29, 2011 -they're available in German, French and Dutch:
www.bundespraesident.de: Der Bundespräsident / Bundespräsident Christian Wulff beim Mittagessen zu Ehren des Königs Albert II. der Belgier
www.bundespraesident.de: Der Bundespräsident / Ansprache des Königs Albert II. der Belgier beim Mittagessen, gegeben von Bundespräsident Wulff, am 29.03.2011 in Schloss Bellevue

A further video (about events on the second day of the state visit in Munich): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNrhpc-NsMw&feature=channel_video_title

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom