Queen Paola´s Family (Ruffo di Calabria)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would Queen Paola's brother, Fabrizio Ruffo di Calabria have been named after the Roman Catholic cardinal, Fabrizio Ruffo (1744-1827)?

The brother of Queen Paola , Don Antonello Ruffo di Calabria has died at the age of 87 in Rome.

Roma, è morto Antonello Ruffo di Calabria: il fratello di Paola di Liegi - Repubblica.it

He died August 24 and the funeral was this morning in Selva

Paliano, il sindaco Alfieri piange il principe Ruffo di Calabria Casilina News

"Antonello Ruffo of Calabria inevitably binds his name to the Selva di Paliano, the first Italian ornithological park created in the 1970s, one of Lazio's largest natural reserves, a project that the mayor does not hesitate to call fascinating and visionary."

Last edited by a moderator:
How sad for Queen Paola,do we know when the funeral with take place?

King Albert and Queen Paola are in Italy , why no attendence?

You mean that they did not attend the funeral?

Are the Ruffo di Calabria family and Paola's children close?

Marengo , if the Funerals were this morning we should have had pictures of the Attendance.
Queen Paola was close to her Sisters , but I never saw pictures of the Ruffo in Laeken.

So to see, Prince Antonello Ruffo di Calabria was given a farewell during a quite casual service, held in the ornithologic nature reserve the Prince established. Maybe there will be an official Service of Remembrance later?

Link

Did Queen Paola attend her brothers funeral?

Did Queen Paola attend her brothers funeral?

I am not sure the pictures in the ornithologic nature reserve ( see post #41 ) showed a funeral, maybe it was more a goodbye ceremony for all the staff and volunteers the Prince worked with. Usually it is not allowed to bury human remains outside official burial sites.

Last edited:
According to the death notice published on nowespaper Corriere della Sera, the ceremony held at the Selva di Paliano last Sunday was a farewell ceremony. Later on a private funeral ceremony took place in Rome, at the Verano cemetery, where Don Antonello was buried in the Ruffo di Calabria family vault (where also his parents are buried).
The funeral in Rome - according to this report - was attended by Don Antonello's children and their families, as well as by Queen Paola and King Albert II of Belgium, King Philippe of the Belgians, Don Umberto and Donna Imara Ruffo di Calabria (children of the late Prince Fabrizio Ruffo di Calabria, the eldest brother), Maria Cristina Gasche (the daughter of Donna Imara), Filippo San Martino d'Agliè (son of Donna Maria Cristina Ruffo di Calabria, the eldest sister of the deceased and of Queen Paola) and his son Emanuele San Martino d'Agliè.

I've always thought that Alessandro Ruffo di Calabria in his youth strongly resembled his cousin.,King Philippe.

Vittorio Ruffo di Calabria , a great-nephew of Queen Paola (son of Paola's nephew, Alessandro Ruffo di Calabria) attended the 2023 "Bal des Débutantes" in Paris, as Cavalier to Talitha Stern:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0LlsGRo3De/?igshid=N2ViNmM2MDRjNw==

I remember seeing pictures of Vittorio on social media quite recently with his (second) cousin Prince Aymeric of Belgium, who is around the same age as him

Vittorio Ruffo di Calabria , a great-nephew of Queen Paola (son of Paola's nephew, Alessandro Ruffo di Calabria) attended the 2023 "Bal des Débutantes" in Paris, as Cavalier to Talitha Stern:

I remember seeing pictures of Vittorio on social media quite recently with his (second) cousin Prince Aymeric of Belgium, who is around the same age as him

I'm not sure any of them have made it to his cousin's thread?

I'm not sure any of them have made it to his cousin's thread?

Probably they haven't. I've tried to find them back but they were probably on Instagram stories, so no longer available

In this report about "Le Bal des Débutantes" by Le Soir Mag, Don Vittorio Ruffo di Calabria says, among other things, that he has a very good relationship with his second cousins Louise, Nicolas and Aymeric. They've been on holiday together and he went several times to Brussels to visit them, so it's likely on one of those occasions that Aymeric had shared the pictures with Vittorio I was referring to in my previous post

Back
Top Bottom