King Albert II and Queen Paola - Current events part 4 - (July 2013 - current)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

On October 12 Queen Paola as Honorary President of the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel handed out the Artist Diploma 2017 to four soloists:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** fb gallery **

Just some visits now to show they are in Belgium and not on eternal italian holidays payed by us !

Who are they? : On the King's right Baron Daniel Janssen , For the others not sure !

On November 28 King Albert and Queen Paola visited the Saint-Luc University Clinics in Brussels to thank the staff who took care of Queen Paola during her stay in hospital from the end of 2016 till the beginning of 2017.

** Pic ** monarchie.be **

Here are finally more photos of King Albert attending the academic session marking the 50th anniversary of the Quartier des Arts on December 2 (see eya's post above). King Albert had attended in his role as Honorary President of the Quartier des Arts and as the following large gallery shows Princess Esmeralda was present as well:

** Pic 1** Pic 2 ** quartierdesarts50 gallery **

:previous:

Yes, thank you for adding that, you are right! I guess, I was distracted by the special brooch and its delicate task ;);)

I am very happy to see King Albert and Queen Paola once again.

Queen Paola visited the Help and Home Care Centre in Brussels today, February 27, to express her gratitude to the staff members who had contributed to her recovery:

** belga gallery **

Thanks for these photos of Queen Paola during this visit.

This Evening Gala Concert of the Queen Elisabeth Music Chapel under the Honory Chairmanship of her Majesty Queen Paola , Bozar Brussels. Mozart Airas and Rossini's Stabat Mater
TM King Albert II and Queen Paola received a standing ovation when they arrived.
I was there and impressed , Bravos for Queen Paola , for her Music and the training of the young are very close in her Heart.
I don't know if Iceflower will provide pictures.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thank you eya. At their arrival, they were welcomed by Count Bernard de Launoit.
i saw the King and the Queen inside , they looked delighted.

Queen Paola visit today the ''Lost in Migration, II edition'' conference, in Brussels.

Belga Image

The press service of the Royal Palace sent a press release this morning on the state of health of King Albert. King Albert "suffers from stenosis of the aortic valve that requires a focus for a therapy adapted to his case," says the Palace.
King Albert was hospitalized following stenosis of the aortic valve. The exams passed on Thursday will determine what treatment the King must follow thereafter.

Albert II souffre d'une pathologie cardio-vasculaire - La Libre

http://www.sudinfo.be/id49589/artic...-ii-devra-subir-une-intervention-chirurgicale

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning on the news: Albert will have surgery in 10 days. He will get a new aorta valve.

This morning on the news: Albert will have surgery in 10 days. He will get a new aorta valve.

Has the press service always issued press releases 10 days before a medical procedure? I hope it does not imply that King Albert's condition is serious.

Last edited:
Glad to hear that the surgery was successful. Wish King Albert a speedy recovery.

They look like two ordinary senior citizens going out for a walk in the market. Someone who didn’t know them would never tell that they are a former royal couple who still carries the style of Majesty.

Are they on holidays in Marche-en-Famenne as they look like tourists.

Queen Paola owns a house in Villers-sur-Lesse, 20 kilometers from Marche-en-Famenne. Perhaps they have been spending some days in this house in the Ardennes and wanted to visit the local market.

I think they stayed only a few minutes just for the pictures.
King Albert II suffers from skin cancer and may not stay long in the Sun without heavy protecton.

I think they stayed only a few minutes just for the pictures.
King Albert II suffers from skin cancer and may not stay long in the Sun without heavy protecton.

Skin cancer? That is new to me.

Queen Paola visited the Arc-en-Ciel school in Molenbeek-Saint-Jean, Brussels, today, May 29. The school is supported by the Queen Paola Foundation's School of Hope project:

** belga gallery ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom