King Albert and Queen Paola: Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Paola & Albert at the wedding of Paola's brother Antonello, with countess Rosamaria Tasca d'Almerita. The wedding took place in 1960, Paola and Albert had been married for 1 year.

The bride was 17, the groom 30. Countess Rosamaria wore the same ancient veil Paola wore on her wedding day (and later Astrid, Mathilde and Claire). The couple had 3 children, but got divorced in 1978.

Pictures from Paris Match, with thanks to Chris for finding them!

2. with Paola's brother Fabrizio

Thank you, CAtherine. She really was stunningly gorgeous when she was young. I still think she is a very attractive woman -- aging naturally and gracefully. One of my very favorite "older" pictures of her is in this thread, post #23 - the first photo when she is with Albert and wearing that dove grey ensemble. Thanks again.

Thanks for the pics, Cathérine, they are beautiful (as usual) :)

I think many Princesses of our days would like to have this Elegance, beauty and poise.

Paola is a very beatiful woman when she was young she was modern and
elegance.

These are from 2002, paola and Albert in Amsterdam for the wedding of Maxima and Willem-Alexander. They look just like a young couple IMO (IBL)

De Post (thanks to Chris)

Paola arrives in Belgium, and is welcomed by her fiancé prince Albert and her future brother in law, king Baudouin.

I love the second picture. It looks as though Baudouin is such a sincere person. Catherine, were Paola and Albert married before King Baudoin and Queen Fabiola?

Emily said:
I love the second picture. It looks as though Baudouin is such a sincere person. Catherine, were Paola and Albert married before King Baudoin and Queen Fabiola?

Yes one year before them. Albert and Paola in 1959 and Baudouin and Fabiola in 1960.

I can't say this enough, but Paola was gorgeous when she was younger (she actually still is, but in another way of course). And she has such great style, I really like her hats from that period, they're really timeless!
Thank you for the pictures, Catherine! :flowers:

Yes I agree with that, Maxie. She was stunningly beautiful IMO. In the 4th photo of post 49, I think she look alot like Princess Astrid -- amazing. Thank you Catherine!

(De Post)

Paola's arrival in Belgium. You see her with king Leopold III, her mother and her brother Antonio (photo 2).

Paola visits a coal mine in 1961. It were mostly Italians who worked in the mines in Belgium (De Post-thanks to Chris).

Thank you very much, I really liked to see more pictures of that event when the Princess Paola wore a bracelet as tiara.

Thankx

Back
Top Bottom