Delphine Boël, daughter of King Albert II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, it is mentioned the article that she will appeal the verdict (see post by cdm).

Welp.
Unless Albert approaches her, I don't see this going to happen in her favour. But if she wants to waste her time, I won't stop her.

Why does she hate being considered Jacques's daughter so much? You would think that a man who was there for her, provided her with a golden spoon in her mouth so she could live an artsy life would be more important to her rather than someone who has very often denied her.

[...] way beyond the limited period in which alleged natural parentship can be claimed. (Is in such a period no claim, then the law considers the paternity settled as it is, for ever).

The procedural limitations were rejected by the constitutional court in February 2016, and the case was thus decided today on the merits.

I honestly doesn't why she does not like being his daughter. But I also don't know why King Albert cant just recognize her. Delphine and King Philippe look alike a lot in my opinion. She looks like an older version of the Duchess of Brabant.

If had had Jacques (or any billionaire) as a father who was active in my upbringing and getting wealth showered on me, I would revel in my life and not at all complain.

If had had Jacques (or any billionaire) as a father who was active in my upbringing and getting wealth showered on me, I would revel in my life and not at all complain.

Life is more than money and none of us know what sort of life she has had. We are looking from the outside and I would want my father to step up and acknowledge me.

I know it's what she wants and what she's desperate for, but I wonder if she understands that it is very possible that Albert is in fact not at all her biological father. It is possible that this is all just a delusion she has. If it turns out that Albert is in fact not her father, it is possible that she will look like the world's craziest woman and I did read on this thread that she insulted the kids of King Philippe and I do think she is being irrational in some areas. It's clear that the Belgian RF has no problem cutting her out and keeping her out, while her legal father Jacques has been eager to be a father figure to her.

Money doesn't buy everything, but we can't have everything in life. I just wonder, if she thinks that if she is his biological daughter, that this will lead to a title and a place in the succession, or what, I do not at all know. It's clear that she is doing damage to herself as well. Cutting out her billionaire father, getting herself ostracized from Belgian society where she's always been accepted and welcomed. I just hope she's not going to get to a point where she is dangerous. She suddenly wants to cut out her adoptive father and throw everything into the ring of being declared the biological daughter of a king who used her mother.

Why does she hate being considered Jacques's daughter so much? You would think that a man who was there for her, provided her with a golden spoon in her mouth so she could live an artsy life would be more important to her rather than someone who has very often denied her.
Yes Yes Yes ! My opinion too !!!!

Okay, this has to stop now.

It is obvious that there won't be a DNA test, there won't be a king publicly embracing her as his daughter, and she isn't going to be given a title and home and pension. She is nothing to Albert and as painful as it is, that is something she has to accept. She isn't going to be among the royal family and she needs to stop before she literally drives herself to madness over this. She is coming across as crazy and I think she is becoming crazier.

I couldn't have said it better myself. This is exactly what I've been thinking.

A question to those who know more about belgian law than I do:

Would things change if Jacques asked the court to be legally removed as her father? As far as I can understand, he has DNA-proof that he's not her biological father. Or is DNA not sufficient in that case?

I find it interesting that so many here assume that she's rejecting a good dad in Boel for this pipe dream in Albert. Boel certainly bankrolled her lifestyle for a long time, but outside of financial matters, I would be shocked if they had a good relationship, given the timeline of established facts in her life.

No matter which man was her father, she was born during a time when her mother was having a long-term affair. Her mother's marriage to Boel officially ended when Delphine was 10, but several years prior to that they'd already moved to England to live with the man who would become her mother's second husband. At no point in that scenario does it seem likely that her mother and Boel would have had a good relationship. If anything, it was likely either (a) tempestuous or (b) cold and distant. Given that Delphine was living primarily with her mother, it's just not a recipe for a her establishing a solid footing with her legal father, no matter what checks he was willing to write.

And if, all the while, her mother was constantly whispering in her ear that her real father is a prince...

That turbulent childhood plus her actions now paint a picture for me of a woman who felt emotionally injured by/distant from her parents (or at least her legal father) and who is holding on to the dream that establishing the biological facts of her parentage will help her put that hurt to bed.

Now, I don't think having Albert named her father will actually be of any help to her. I think she's holding on to some impossible dreams and unrealistic expectations. The heart doesn't magically develop the ability to heal because some court changed a legal status. Boel may have loved her more than she was willing to acknowledge, but she's destroyed whatever was there; meanwhile, nothing can make Albert suddenly become a warm presence in her life. She'll walk away from all of this the same wounded animal of a woman she was to begin with, only with more notoriety and less money.

It's a sad situation all around. I feel bad for everyone involved.

News on the first page of our Newspapers to gether with Brexit. Sad !
All the Kings of Belgium except King Baudouin had natural Children.

A question to those who know more about belgian law than I do:

Would things change if Jacques asked the court to be legally removed as her father? As far as I can understand, he has DNA-proof that he's not her biological father. Or is DNA not sufficient in that case?

Article 315 of the Belgian Civic Code states: a child who is born in a marriage, or is born within 300 days after the end of said marriage, has the husband as a father.

This situation was applicable to Delphine, born in the marriage of Jacques and Sybille Boël. Never there was any contestion against paternity over Delphine. With this, for law, Delphine is the daughter of Jacques Boël and, the other way round: Jacques is the father of Delphine. With all obligations connected to that (like parental responsibility for an underaged child). And with rights because of that (like the right on at least a legal portion of the father's inheritance).

So Delphine has to prove that Jacques has never been her father. Or Jacques has to step forward, now he knows the DNA (but he probably knew all his life long) that Delphine is not his daughter. But Delphine is almost 50 years old. Both will have problems to build a coherent and juridically sound argumentation for the denial of the paternity which lasted half a century.

DNA is not sufficient but helpful. When it comes out that Jacques has always known that Delphine was not his natural child but accepted her as his daughter, it is very hard to get a denial of paternity. When a child is born, a citizen has to give notice of that to the municipal registrar. As Jacques is married with Sybille, logically the registrar will fill in Jacques' name. When the father did not protest against that, back then 1968, for law it is clear: Delphine is the daughter of Jacques.

Last edited:

What was the name of the natural child of King Albert I?

The procedural limitations were rejected by the constitutional court in February 2016, and the case was thus decided today on the merits.

Yes, but the Court did not implement that decision (reason for the laywers of Delphine to appeal).

The lower court implemented the decision of the constitutional court given that it rendered a verdict (that Jacques Boël continues to be the legal father), not dismissing the case based on the procedural limitations.

I don't think the name or even the gender of Albert I's extramarital child is known. But it is often repeated that there was an extramarital child. Some sources speak about three children.

But it is often repeated that there was an extramarital child. Some sources speak about three children.

That is interesting. Have the sources divulged the identity of the children's alleged mother or mothers?

And Philippe (that we know of :cool::D )

She is going to end up with nothing if she does not stop this drama. Albert is no longer King and therefore does not have to answer to the court or public in any way. If she doesn't quit, she might get sued herself for harassment. It's gone on for so long and she's clearly going to get a chunk of her legal father's monies after he dies, but she could have had so much more. Albert might in fact not at all be the bio father and if he were to come out and publicly prove it, it would be the biggest public slap in the face.

Okay, this has to stop now.

It is obvious that there won't be a DNA test, there won't be a king publicly embracing her as his daughter, and she isn't going to be given a title and home and pension. She is nothing to Albert and as painful as it is, that is something she has to accept. She isn't going to be among the royal family and she needs to stop before she literally drives herself to madness over this. She is coming across as crazy and I think she is becoming crazier.

I really tend to agree. It is a type of madness to be obsessed with anything. I often wondered if her mother was obsessed over this subject and what she thought was fairly her personal right for having a child [maybe] by a king. If she moaned about it daily the child grew up wanting revenge for her mother's hurt feelings. Shame, but tough, that is life sometimes and no one ever said life was fair.

She already has had an almost flawless life.

Connected to the best society in Belgium, raised in a home with a billionaire so she can afford to be a ditzy artist and not have to learn anything practical. Then of course she can spend her time mounting a nonstop campaign to hassle the Belgian RF for recognition and she isn't getting prosecuted for harassment and she isn't at all been forced into a psych ward for evaluation as anyone else would.

Life isn't fair, but she's had a golden spoon in her mouth and that is TEN TIMES more than anyone will see in their lifetime.

As for her mother, that should be a lesson learned: NEVER mess with a married man and think he'll just up and leave his wife for you. A prince will never leave his wife/consort for another woman and I am certain that Delphine might have in fact had her head filled with fantasies of her mother marrying the Crown Prince and making her into a legitimate princess.

Then go figure, he jilts the mistress in favor of his marriage, leaving Delphine orientated and confused, but badly wounded. Then a billionaire comes in and then he is a real genuine father to her, but strangely, Delphine refuses to embrace the maturity that would enable her to appreciate that.

I really hope this it where it ends now, Delphine needs to find peace with her life as it is, she is ver privileged and very lucky in so many ways. Yes not knowing who your biological father is must be hard but she is making her life miserable constantly fighting.

I hope she stops now and focusses on the things she does have rather than the things she wants to have.

She has ten times the portion in life than most can even fathom.

She has had a man who wanted to be an involved father, who wanted to lavish her with the best, and wanted to enable her to be a ditzy artist rather than learn something useful. Most wealthy parents dislike their kids who decide on art and prefer their kids get something solid in like business.

Her mother is a Baroness and Delphine will inherit that title in time.

Just the title alone is kudos, but she has big bucks too.

She has ten times the portion in life than most can even fathom.

She has had a man who wanted to be an involved father, who wanted to lavish her with the best, and wanted to enable her to be a ditzy artist rather than learn something useful. Most wealthy parents dislike their kids who decide on art and prefer their kids get something solid in like business.

Her mother is a Baroness and Delphine will inherit that title in time.

Just the title alone is kudos, but she has big bucks too.

Nobility is hereditary in the male lineage. The title of the Baroness Sybille de Selys Longchamps therefore is not hereditary. Delphine's father is a noble too, without a title. He has a predicate: Jonkheer in Dutch, Messire in French. As daughter of Jonkheer/Messire Jacques Boël, Delphine is the "hoogwelgeboren" (high- and wellborn) "jonkvrouw"/"demoiselle" Delphine Michèle Anne Marie Ghislaine Boël.

Last edited:
Either way, she isn't suffering in poverty and she is not at all in a position where she has ever wanted for anything materially. She has to accept that she has more going for her than she is willing to admit to herself. Going after the Belgian RF isn't going to get her what she wants and no one is going to break ranks to side with her.

It could be very likely that she is in fact not biologically the king's and if so, I think that it would traumatize her all the more since she's pinned her entire psyche on being a daughter of a king and relation of princes and princesses.

Golly this is a sexist topic so she is crazy her mother should have not have sex but the king has done no wrong I can't believe people still think like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom