Delphine Boël, daughter of King Albert II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole thing has brought her nothing but losses.

Disinherited by her stepfather
Alienating the royal family and whatever goodwill Albert might have left
Destroying her reputation and image
Wrecking any relationship with her legal father

If Jacques walks away and ends up leaving her with no official legal status as his daughter, Jacques might end up being able to leave her with nothing.

You keep repeating that they insulted the children of king Philippe. I asked twice you what they said. Perhaps you missed my questions before, but what on earth did they say about his children? I have not read anything about it.

The 'autism' comment was explained over and over again, but if you want to take offence by what Sybille says you will do so. However the intent of the comment seemed more sympathetic towards Philippe than anything else. The vitriol was mainly reserved for Paola.

I meant the kids of Albert and Paola, I should have specified.

Even if she is a golddigger, that does not change the fact that if Albert is indeed her father (which could readily be established by the DNA test she seeks) he is a coward.

Roslyn, not only safe behind her PC but also thousands of miles away from the action. :hornets:

Last edited by a moderator:
If she gets confirmation that Albert is her father, hopefully she'll have closure and go on in life with peace of mind.

I hope so too; on one hand she comes off as someone people can sympathize with, but as she goes about this, she's coming off as someone who is about to go 'round the bend. A lot of peace and a lot of happiness; I just hope she doesn't try to have a title or anything else for that matter. She's losing so much that she used to have and if she finds closure, she will get peace.

Don't throw stones unless you have walked in her shoes.

I agree, I think if anyone were in Delphine's situation, maybe one would want too to be acknowledged by biological father.

One would think that a king- even an abdicated one- would be big enough, and noble enough, to acknowledge his own daughter. How can this hurt him? By refusing to do so, he just seems small and ordinary. Whether Delphine's motive is pure or avaricious, she is entitled to know. This story would be over in 24 hours if he acted as a man should.

I wonder really, what earthly good a DNA test will do; even if she is the natural daughter, there is no way that the RF will let her into their family life.

One would think that a king- even an abdicated one- would be big enough, and noble enough, to acknowledge his own daughter. How can this hurt him? By refusing to do so, he just seems small and ordinary. Whether Delphine's motive is pure or avaricious, she is entitled to know. This story would be over in 24 hours if he acted as a man should.

Running around slandering his family isn't the way to go about it; slapping her legal father in the face, along with her stepfather is not the way to go about it.

It is curious that some are upset because the baroness referred to autism while talking of king Philippe. Yet many these same posters -or their aunties in Belgium- do even worse, using terms as gold digger, nutjob, depraved old mare , worst woman in the world etc. to describe Sybille Selys de Longchamps. And while posters accuse Delphine/Sybille of slandering king Albert II, some do not hesitate to slander the ladies in question in return. It isn't a very edifying way of debating this matter.

As a result this thread has been cleaned up. I hope it will be possible to discuss this matter in a more suitable way and keep our heads cool, whether you agree or disagree with the people in question and their actions.

Last edited:
Ms Boel can sue King Albert II or his estate for some moral sufferings. She has nothing else to do.

I think everybody already know that !

Yep, it's no surprise, but now it's really proven; all parr of the trial Ms Boel has initiated to get K.Albert to undergo a DNA-test and is recognized as her biological father

Sueing the king is probably the last thing Mr. Boël would do. His family is wealthy and discreet. A Boël is lady-in-waiting of Queen Mathilde, etc. The last thing he wants is more publicity. Why do you this that mr Boël put up with all this in the first place?

--
According to the press, Prince Laurent refused to share his DNA sample.

Last edited:
I wonder just how things would go if Boel ended up willingly renouncing his legal obligations and status as her father, but Albert refuses to let himself be declared Delphine's legal fahter, no matter what DNA says. She would end up a creek with no legal father and Jacques could end up disowning her completely, leaving her with nothing. Imagine if you will, a woman who has no legal father and neither man required to give you anything.

Through no fault of her own, I know a young lady who has no legal father nor one that she would claim as a father, and the same goes for her mother, she has done alright with her life and I so admire her. Blood is not always thicker then water........

L'ADN est formel: Jacques Boël n'est pas le père de Delphine - RTBF Belgique

Belgian media report today that a DNA-test has proven that Delphine Boel's legal father Jacques Boel is definitely *not* her biological father.
This doesn't mean that K.Albert *is* her biological father, but i assume she'd like to prove that in a further DNA test...

That is nothing new. It is widely known that Jonkheer Jacques Boël is not the biological father of Delphine, not in the last because he himself has acknowledged that he is the juridical, not biological, father of Dephine.

The biological fatherhood is easy to prove: a DNA-test for an example. In this case however Jonkheer Boël juridically acknowledged Delphine as being his daughter. That means he has not contested but accepted fatherhood. That means that Delphine -for law- is his child, he holds parental authority and Delphine is eligible for his heritage (which is considerable since Jonkheer Boël is a wealthy gentleman, living on the Domaine de Beauregard, the family belonging to the 10 most wealthy of Belgium, for sure more wealthy than the royal family...

Would Delphine contest his fatherhood and point to former King Albert II, then she would "win" a natural father (if fatherhood is proven) but then become part of a most estranged and dysfunctional family, bringing her rights on the immense Boël fortune in danger and IF former King Albert II is NOT her father, she ends with all and everything in a mess, for nothing.

:whistling:

Last edited:
There is more resemblance between King Albert II and Delphine than with Princess Astrid. Delphine has Queen Astrid's eyes.
Prince Laurent refuses the ADN test . Is it his own decision or the one of the Royal Palace?
What will happen on September 23 th on Court?

... [snipped] Would Delphine contest his fatherhood and point to former King Albert II, then she would "win" a natural father (if fatherhood is proven) but then become part of a most estranged and dysfunctional family, bringing her rights on the immense Boël fortune in danger and IF former King Albert II is NOT her father, she ends with all and everything in a mess, for nothing.

:whistling:
Ms Boel is sure that her biological father is King Albert II. It is unclear why she strives to be recognised as his child and "become part of a most estranged and dysfunctional family". Perhaps, being King Albert's illegitimate daughter can further her artistic endeavours.

Last edited:
The Audiences where the Lawyer of Albert II , the lawyer of Mr Jacques Boël and the one of Delphine took a whole day long and Delphine attended the whole day.

This affair (une première) in our history will take a very long time , what can a young Citizen do against a Former Head os State.

The attitude of Queen Paola and her protection towards HER Children makes it difficult of King Albert.

I do think this will set a precedent; if Boel wins, then Nicole Coste could argue for recognition for Alexandre, resulting in a possible instatement of Alexandre as Prince Albert of Monaco's son and entitled to a place in the succession.

If she is recognised surely she won't be placed in the line of succession, she would still be illegitimate.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Is she it actually possible that she will be in line to the throne? I'm not really familiar with the belgian law on this, but isn't there a "born in wedlock" clause or "legal *and* natural"?
Or is this case actually to prove that she *is* natural and force K.Albert to accept her legally?

According to the article, she would become 15th in the line of succession; says it right there on the headline.

I do think this will set a precedent; if Boel wins, then Nicole Coste could argue for recognition for Alexandre, resulting in a possible instatement of Alexandre as Prince Albert of Monaco's son and entitled to a place in the succession.
Aren't those two different cases? Afterall, PAlbert of Monaco did acknowledge his son and (according to the records) he is providing for him and his mother. Whereas, King Albert of Belgium doesn't recognize Delphine Boel as his daughter. (Although to be honest, one look at Delphine and one simply can't miss the family similarities):whistling:

Besides, according to the Monagasque law, in order for any illegitimate child to be in the line of succesion, the parents should be married. The most recent example is Sasha Casiraghi, who was installed in the succession with his parents' marriage. Also Raphael Elmaleh isn't in line, since his parents aren't married.

BTW, the above article is from Daily Fail, who is notorius for getting facts right. :)

Last edited:
According to the article, she would become 15th in the line of succession; says it right there on the headline.

Not possible. Article 85 of the Belgian Constitution gives the answer:

The constitutional prerogative of the King is passed by hereditary succession, in direct lineage, on the natural and legitimate descendants of His Majesty Leopold Georg Christian Friedrich von Sachsen-Coburg and according primogeniture.

I believe lllegitimate children are excluded from the line of succession.

Belgoum Constitution, Art. 85, Sec. 1

"[FONT=Arial,Helvetica] The King's
key.gif
constitutional powers are hereditary through the direct, natural, and legitimate descent from H.M. Leopold, Georges, Chretien, Frederic of Saxony-Coburg, by order of primogeniture." [/FONT]

Not possible, the monegasque Constitution is clear: de sa descendance directe et légitime par ordre de primogéniture avec priorité masculine au même degré de parenté (by the direct and legitimate descendants in order of primogeniture with priority for males within the same degree of paternity).

You never know; for all we know, the court might set up a new ruling based on Human Rights and could in fact influence future generations. Weirder things have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom